Ducky Shine Mini 60% Keyboard

Pretty sure that's what they've always been called? People colloquially call them "Poker" keyboards, but Poker is actually just the most popular brand of 60% keyboards. The proper name is 60% keyboard as far as I know.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ducky-mini/

I'd probably say the HHKB is the most popular 60% board, especially when you consider how long it's been around.

This is a 60% that finally has enough changeable keys for me to not need full programmability.

I certainly wouldn't want to use that every day, I'd rather go for a ten keyless one instead.

You get used to it after about a week of regular use, maybe two if it's your first of that size.

I like embedded arrows so much that I have them on all of my programmable boards.

Hmm Hope he Reviews more Mini keyboards.

What kind of Mini keyboard reviews are you looking for? *looks around to see what he has*

Even though it has multiple functions for a single key, it would still be frustrating.

How so? After a bit of adapting 60% is definitely my favorite to type on and use. The HHKB was my second mechanical after my SteelSeries 7G.

I think this keyboard would be good for my son's current keyboard tray which has an issue where the gaming mouse always bumps into the current full sized keyboard which ruins gaming experiences many times. Both my son and I have experienced this. I definitely think we could make use of a 60% keyboard.

My suggestion there is to not use the keyboard tray. You need enough room to properly move around, especially in games. I have found over the years that most keyboard tray just don't have enough room. This is taking into consideration a standard mousepad size of roughly 12x10in. What height I'd the top of the desk? 28.5in is standard desk height for reference.

If I had infinite money I'd go buy one right now for my Macbook Air. Evidently though, I don't have infinite money.

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

Love the lighting on that thing :D

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I don't know if using the 'off' mode would be a sin.

I like well built, pretty hardware, but keyboard backlighting is the tackiest feature there is surpassed only by glowing company logos.

Seeing it always makes me think of Alienware and horrendous ricer desktops.

I'd be interested in seeing how well this this thing plays with my G550JK from a long-term, mobile standpoint. In for the massdrop. (do wish it wasn't as pricey, but then again it's Ducky)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Does anyone know if I can swap the right Fn key with the right Alt key? I want to know if it's possible to completely change the original location of the Fn key so I can program (through third party software) the bottom right side of the Ducky Mini as arrow keys.

Yes! You're awesome. So much for that. As for the Keyboard - wouldn't know what to do with something like that at all.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I tweeted this to Linus as well, just to make sure it gets to him, but I thought I'd put my thoughts on here a little more coherently.

I'm just a little concerned about the sponsor spot at the end of this video. When Linus started adding in sponsors, he said that he would never do something like "sponsor an Nvidia GPU review by AMD or Nvidia", in order to avoid any seeming bias. I love this approach, and it has meant that every ad spot he has had so far, I have not had any kind of problem with.

However, in this video, the sponsor is a promotion on the very product being reviewed in the video. I know it's not sponsored by Ducky, but I would assume that LinusMediaGroup gets some kind of kick-back from sales on that site referred from this video. This means that if people liked the look of the product from the video, and then go on and buy it, Linus gains from that. This could have colored his review, and made him be more positive towards it as it would make him more money (whether consciously or not).

I'm not saying that this has happened, as I trust Linus' reviews and believe he his a respectable source of information, but this kind of ad integration is concerning, especially if it becomes a trend, because it could start to effect content. It also doesn't' look very good to a first time viewer who has no reason to trust Linus yet.

If you read this, thanks,

-Joe (long time viewer, first time writer)

Even though it has multiple functions for a single key, it would still be frustrating.

why would it be frustrating

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I tweeted this to Linus as well, just to make sure it gets to him, but I thought I'd put my thoughts on here a little more coherently.

I'm just a little concerned about the sponsor spot at the end of this video. When Linus started adding in sponsors, he said that he would never do something like "sponsor an Nvidia GPU review by AMD or Nvidia", in order to avoid any seeming bias. I love this approach, and it has meant that every ad spot he has had so far, I have not had any kind of problem with.

However, in this video, the sponsor is a promotion on the very product being reviewed in the video. I know it's not sponsored by Ducky, but I would assume that LinusMediaGroup gets some kind of kick-back from sales on that site referred from this video. This means that if people liked the look of the product from the video, and then go on and buy it, Linus gains from that. This could have colored his review, and made him be more positive towards it as it would make him more money (whether consciously or not).

I'm not saying that this has happened, as I trust Linus' reviews and believe he his a respectable source of information, but this kind of ad integration is concerning, especially if it becomes a trend, because it could start to effect content. It also doesn't' look very good to a first time viewer who has no reason to trust Linus yet.

He said exactly how the sponsorship works at the end of the video. LMG gets a flat amount of money upfront just for doing the sponsor segment. LMG does NOT get any kickback from sales.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

He said exactly how the sponsorship works at the end of the video. LMG gets a flat amount of money upfront just for doing the sponsor segment. LMG does NOT get any kickback from sales.

Well I would still say that it really doesn't look good.

It would be a nightmare using this in Arma 3 or Battlefield 4.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw it... 

"Hmm, how would I bind all my keys on this if I were playing Arma III ?"

But I usualy use controller for vehicles and I have MMO mouse with lots of buttons which I use regullary while playing Arma so it may just be enough.

I agree with this even tho he said that's not how it works

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

Does anyone know if I can swap the right Fn key with the right Alt key? I want to know if it's possible to completely change the original location of the Fn key so I can program (through third party software) the bottom right side of the Ducky Mini as arrow keys.

Linus said you can put it where ever as long you dont block both of the same keys. So yes you can as long as you dont make the left alt a fn key first.

He went over how its handled in this case at the end of the video.

why would it be frustrating

I have the same question, though im a bit bias since im using a 60% board at the moment.

correct

Well I would still say that it really doesn't look good.

Why doesnt it look good? Its an add for massdrop using one of the products they are selling at the moment so you can see what kind of groupbuys they have.

Anything works, im just curious, was thinking of having one inside my lan pc.

Wait what inside?

a Keyboard.

9073657479198.jpg

You can put it in there but is there going to be a PC in there too?

Yup, and a WC loop and maybe a monitor.

you need a bigger box.

Maybe if ill add the monitor but otherwise its fine.

use a ipad 3 or macbook retina display.