Could someone tell me whether this is a good 2,600 dollar cinemetography rig ?

you clearly haven't shot 4K before or a fashion week

I'm talking about worst case where you don't have a computer or shooting an event where you don't have time to do data dumps. A 16 gig card doesn't hold much when you are shooting at 1080p. (speaking from experience)

but like i said, scale to what you can afford and build from there, when I do video gigs for my friends, i've got at least 5 or 6 cards and 4 batteries in my pocket which usually fill up by then end of the day because i never stop

I know,  but OP isn't shooting in 4K, so I don't know why you're bringing it up. And my scenario includes not doing data dumps. Although, to be fair, I mixed up 16 GB and 32 GB because I used to have a 70D as a secondary camera, and the SD cards I used were 16 GB, while my main camera uses 32 GB CF cards. So yeah, my bad there. But like you said, Op should scale to what they afford.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

That's one hell of an exaggeration. Even around 80 MB/s is just fine with no dropped frames, higher really isn't necessary. Plus, I'd say more than 3 or 4 16 GB cards will be more than enough, especially at the beginning. People who need tons of memory cards include Olympic photographers and just about nobody else.

I have can fill a 64 GB card over a weekend of shooting. I carry 2 64's and 3 32's and with 2 cameras I've come damn close to filling them all over a 4 day event.

Cards are always onsale. Get at least 64 GB of space to start.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

If it is at all possible, don't use a DSLR. While it is a better value (arguably) than other cheap video cameras, taking video destroys the camera sensor. DSLRs were not made to keep up with how much heat is generated by using video. Have you ever noticed how hot your (T3i, example) gets when you take video for more than 1 minute?

While it is unlikely that you will kill your camera by taking video, it's a precaution I think could be worth taking. 

If it is at all possible, don't use a DSLR. While it is a better value (arguably) than other cheap video cameras, taking video destroys the camera sensor. DSLRs were not made to keep up with how much heat is generated by using video. Have you ever noticed how hot your (T3i, example) gets when you take video for more than 1 minute?

While it is unlikely that you will kill your camera by taking video, it's a precaution I think could be worth taking. 

ur kidding right??

My friend has had his 5d mk ii for 3 yrs and all he shoots is video, no problems at all. I just shot video with my 7D for 10 mins straight and it didn't even get warm. If that were the case, tv shows (House) and other big productions wouldn't touch them

it all depends on the build of the camera. something like the T3i is made for the consumer, the 7D and the 5D series is made for the pro and will not overheat unless under extreme circumstances. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

ur kidding right??

My friend has had his 5d mk ii for 3 yrs and all he shoots is video, no problems at all. I just shot video with my 7D for 10 mins straight and it didn't even get warm. If that were the case, tv shows (House) and other big productions wouldn't touch them

it all depends on the build of the camera. something like the T3i is made for the consumer, the 7D and the 5D series is made for the pro and will not overheat unless under extreme circumstances. 

No, I'm not kidding. 

Read these threads:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=890360

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/29941/can-video-shooting-have-a-negative-effect-on-a-dslr-sensor

Both mention that after a while, not even a long shooting period, the camera will shut down to prevent permanent damage from overheating. This is because the sensor is constantly recording light, and the SD card is constantly being pounded. 

No, I'm not kidding. 

Read these threads:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=890360

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/29941/can-video-shooting-have-a-negative-effect-on-a-dslr-sensor

Both mention that after a while, not even a long shooting period, the camera will shut down to prevent permanent damage from overheating. This is because the sensor is constantly recording light, and the SD card is constantly being pounded. 

You learn something new everyday :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

I'd go 7D if you're gonna do some slo-mo.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

so qhat the opinion on the 7dmk2 vs 70d although they have a huge price gap

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

7d mk two is the newest camera, it's a level higher than the 70d. I can't comment personally til i get my hands on it

Here's a first impression

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-7d-mark-ii

here's a sample vid