What ANDROID phone to get?

well note 3

Ok thanks for your opinion!

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

OnePlus One best phone out no flaws other than cm having bugs sometimes.

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Haven't used either of the phones, but from what I gather G3 isn't very snappy, due to high resolution presumably. Note 3 is supposedly bloated and personally I'm not a fan of touchwiz. I personally prefer Sony phones. Xperia launcher isn't too far off from stock Android. Having that said, I am considering getting the Nexus 6 if all the rumors prove to be true, provided that the pricing is somewhat similar to previous Nexus phone prices. However, I expect it to be a bit more expensive due to the size of the device.

I agree. I love Xperia UI, it's basically just stock Android with a different launcher and UI colors. It's super snappy yet still looks a lot more modern and sleeker then AOSP

"Rawr XD"

I agree. I love Xperia UI, it's basically just stock Android with a different launcher and UI colors. It's super snappy yet still looks a lot more modern and sleeker then AOSP

Issue is i haven't found one on att&t

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Ok that was my thing was i didn't know how much of a performance decrease it was actually going to give me. 

Same thing as 1440 vs 1080p on a PC. The thing is, you're losing that performance in exchange for practically nothing, since at 5.5" you still won't be able to see pixels on a 1080p panel.

I would get the M8. Once you hear those speakers and have ufocus make you feel like a professional photographer you don't want to use anything else. 

"Rawr XD"

Amazing set up and phone collection by the way!

How did you manage to get all of that though? My self being 16 too i cant imagine have that much money lol.

How is the battery life and in Linus's video he says it is a bit slow compared to the one m8,  any experiences with this?

The only thing thats slower per say is the app tray but its not even bad and I havent noticed. As for battery life its like the best out there. You can get 4-4.5 hours of screen on time

The only thing thats slower per say is the app tray but its not even bad and I havent noticed. As for battery life its like the best out there. You can get 4-4.5 hours of screen on time

OPO gets 5-6 hours of SOT

"Rawr XD"

OPO gets 5-6 hours of SOT

Depends on usage and what you have running. Comparing with others that have the 1+1 its not really any better.

Thats not too, bad of time i guess....... well there are always external batteries. Thanks for the help by the way!

How did you manage to get all of that though? My self being 16 too i cant imagine have that much money lol.

Me and a friend buy and sell cars, it's a profit of 1-2 grand for each one, so that's like 3 flagships every time we make a profitable sale.

"Rawr XD"

Depends on usage and what you have running. Comparing with others that have the 1+1 its not really any better.

I have the OnePlus One. With just regular usage of listening to music, browsing facebook, occasional snapchat and occasional internet browsing I get around 5 hours 15 mins of SOT before the 4% warning popup. I'm not comparing with others that have the 1+1 so idk where you're getting that from

"Rawr XD"

Me and a friend buy and sell cars, it's a profit of 1-2 grand for each one, so that's like 3 flagships every time we make a profitable sale.

That is actually really cool.

I have the OnePlus One. With just regular usage of listening to music, browsing facebook, occasional snapchat and occasional internet browsing I get around 5 hours 15 mins of SOT before the 4% warning popup. I'm not comparing with others that have the 1+1 so idk where you're getting that from

Thats fairly light usage thats why you get so much screen on time. I have Bluetooth on 6 hours of the day and have constant business emails/calls and such. MY usage makes 4 hours impressive

Ok guys so i think i have narrowed down the phone i want, but i still cant make a finale decision. I need a phone from att&t next program preferably under $30 a month. The two phones i am looking into are the lg g3 and the Samsung note 3. Here is what i need in a phone and please be sure to leave a comment telling me your opinion as i am open to any phone, thanks a lot!

1. Camera: Most important because i use my phone camera as a video camera for my YouTube channel.

2. Performance: No one wants a slow phone.

3. Build quality: Don't want it to brake and i want it to feel nice in the hands.

4. Battery: Needs to get through a day.

5. Os: As clean as possible

6. Screen: At lease 1080p and preferably ips

Sounds like an Iphone to me :) jk but seriosuly what is wrong with iphone it describes everything u want there

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

First off, me being a bit picky but I see this a lot, "Which ANDROID phone to get", avoid "what" when referring to a selection, it sounds so much better. 

Secondly, you can't go wrong with a Nexus, the battery life might be slightly short depending on how you use it, but I still feel it is unbeatable in the Android arena.

How is the battery life and in Linus's video he says it is a bit slow compared to the one m8,  any experiences with this?

the 801 isn't too good with handling 2.5K and the battery life isn't up to snuff with a device like the Xperia Z2.

Thats fairly light usage thats why you get so much screen on time. I have Bluetooth on 6 hours of the day and have constant business emails/calls and such. MY usage makes 4 hours impressive

lol bluetooth LE exists, and it's a technology that's probably on the G3.

What's wrong with M8 camera that everyone complains about it... I tried the M8 and the camera was amazing

Same thing with the M7, I have an M7 and the camera is fantastic, my dad happens to have an M8 and the camera on that is also great.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

It does OK, nothing special though. The problem is that its pretty low resolution, and has a very "noisy" sensor in it, even at iso 100, so in low light, the picture gets grainy, and you can't zoom without ruining the picture. 

Well that's to be expected since it's a 4MP camera, but if you're using it in decent light then it's still produces really good image quality

"Rawr XD"

Couldn't agree more. It's a very sharp lens as far as a phone camera goes. And having the two actual cameras on the back looks amazing. In the two weeks I've had it, I've gotten more compliments on how sexy the phone looks than I did with any of the iPhones I've had.

(All of them except the 5s and up)

I got lot of complements about how cool it was in person, but also a lot with the photos that the two cameras took. Every time I take a picture with ufocus everyone asks me how I did it or if it was even me who took the pic (opposed to a professional photographer or something). 

Here's one I took this morning

QvoTUyi.jpg

"Rawr XD"

Oneplus one is only $350 for 64 gb and $300 for 16gb and has essentially everything you've listed. Plus then you wouldn't need a contract. I think that's your vest option.

The Note 4 on At&t's Next plan is $34/month for 24 months. It has a great (awesome) camera, better build quality than usual for Samsung, and it packs one of the best looking screens on any phone today. I HIGHLY suggest this phone. 

-From the desk of Moose-