Do my cabinet need HD Audio Front panel for 7.1ch USB headset?

I have a 7.1 channel usb headphones but i cant make it work, i have an asus m5a97 r2.0 le mobo with Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

its working as a stereo headset though i have installed all the latest drivers.

My pc chassis dont have a hd audio front panel, can back USB ports make it work??

no, usb is usb, it wont use any of your audio things, not the sound card or onboard or amp/dac, nothing, it uses its own things

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

headset have its own drivers, but still 7.1 channel isnt working.

so usb headset has nothing to do with hd audio front panel??

headset have its own drivers, but still 7.1 channel isnt working.

so usb headset has nothing to do with hd audio front panel??

Perhaps this way will be easier to understand: if the connection of the headset is USB, don't think of it as a headset/headphone, but rather think of it as a USB device. It will act and behave like any other USB devices.

- it needs, and affected by the USB port it's connected to

- it is it's own device, separated with other devices

- can 'fight' for resources and cause conflicts with other devices, especially if the drivers are not installed properly, or out of date, the OS' USB drivers and the device's drivers itself

- forget about your onboard. Like point no.2 above, it is it's own device. It won't use anything from your onboard audio. In fact, if you're certain that you'll always use the headset for audio, it's better to disable, or even uninstall your onboard audio, due to point no.3. It's like plugging 2 USB printers at the same time. Most of the times, they work well, but sometimes there are conflicts between them.