Sennheiser connoisseur required

Atavist

Are these on par with these?

I decided, after a lot of thinking, that not having an integrated microphone is simply not acceptable.

I decided, after a lot of thinking, that not having an integrated microphone is simply not acceptable.

Why though? Just get the HD 518 and a $40-$50 mod mic.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Well that would actually be MORE expensive for one and less convenient :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Well that would actually be MORE expensive for one and less convenient :P

Meh, $10-$20 extra. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Meh, $10-$20 extra. 

You must be richer than I for that not to matter x3

And the extra cable is a bitch personally.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

You must be richer than I for that not to matter x3

And the extra cable is a bitch personally.

Not really. For teenagers and younger it might seem like a lot because they don't make their own money. If you're making say, 80k a year, $20 extra won't matter. But that's not the point. We have to look at how much $10-20 extra is relative to the cost of the headphones. I still don't think it's too bad.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Stop derailing the topic by addressing a resolved issue, i.e., not adhering to haphazard solutions.

No.

Thanks for nothing everybody!

There you go.

OK, there are basically 3 candidates:

Sennheiser PC323D

Sennheiser PC360

Sennheiser PC363D

Is there a significant difference in quality as there is in price?

OK, there are basically 3 candidates:

Sennheiser PC323D

Sennheiser PC360

Sennheiser PC363D

Is there a significant difference in quality as there is in price?

PC360 is roughly the same as the HD518 but with a mic attached and a new paint job (and a much higher price tag). PC363D is PC360 with an included USB-soundcard.

Why is there someone who has to bring up mod mics and how they are vastly superior every thread. Did linus say something?

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Why is there someone who has to bring up mod mics and how they are vastly superior every thread. Did linus say something?

Because they are vastly superior and why does Linus have to say something to make something true/good?

They are indeed quite ridiculous, in most countries mod mics  are not present so the cost of shipping and tax theft would be equivalent to 1/2 to 1/3 of the price. Not to mention the primitive haphazard nature of extra attachments and wires.

PC363D is PC360 with an included USB-soundcard.

Why would they include that, what purpose does it serve to warranty a price hike?

Why would they include that, what purpose does it serve to warranty a price hike?

In case your PC/Laptop doesn't have a proper audio solution. It also comes with their own software so you don't have to worry about finding free alternatives from the Internet. Some people find value in that.

Thanks for nothing everybody!

And here I was thinking I was actually going to post a helpful response.  :rolleyes:

They are indeed quite ridiculous, in most countries mod mics  are not present so the cost of shipping and tax theft would be equivalent to 1/2 to 1/3 of the price. Not to mention the primitive haphazard nature of extra attachments and wires.

I didn't even think of that. I don't know about anyone else but I would rather not pay extra money to have to hassle with an extra cord.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

I didn't even think of that. I don't know about anyone else but I would rather not pay extra money to have to hassle with an extra cord.

Its not really that much hassle since you attach the mic cord to the headphone cord easily. And much less hassle than if the mic dies in a headset and the whole thing has to be sent for RMA. Or when the headset's mic picks up the output signal because they're too close to each other and everyone can hear what you are listening. Also, Headphones + mic is almost always cheaper than an equal quality headset; example: HD518 ($80) + Zalman ZM-MIC1 ($10) vs. PC360/G4ME One ($200).

If you're picking out a Sennheiser headset it basically comes down to closed vs open.

I'm not a huge fan of the 350 because it doesn't fit my head well but if I get it to seal with my hands it sounds pretty damn good.

Never heard the PC 360

Edited by LinusTech
corrected error

If you're picking out a Sennheiser headset it basically comes down to closed vs open.

I'm not a huge fan of the 360 because it doesn't fit my head well but if I get it to seal with my hands it sounds pretty damn good.

I've always noticed how if I push the headset drivers closer to my head the sound becomes much better. I guess it would get uncomfortable with that kind of squeeze though.

I'm not a huge fan of the 350 because it doesn't fit my head well but if I get it to seal with my hands it sounds pretty damn good.

So, you're saying closed ones are better?

I had already decided on open because they're suppose to produce a more "natural" sound, as well as the benefit of ventilation.

So, you're saying closed ones are better?

I had already decided on open because they're suppose to produce a more "natural" sound, as well as the benefit of ventilation.

I'd reccomend closed if you are in a noisy enviorment where that noise blocking can work its magic. If not then go for the open one as it does produce a more "natural" sound.

I'd reccomend closed if you are in a noisy enviorment where that noise blocking can work its magic. If not then go for the open one as it does produce a more "natural" sound.

Yes, I live alone, so that's why the feature of closed headphones doesn't make any sense for me.