Why? Games Lock at 30FPS

uhMayzedHD

Why do some developers lock games at 30FPS when most game can run at higher FPS? 

I'm worried about Ubisoft because I'm big fan of Far Cry Games and I wonder if they probably lock game at 30 FPS there latest article they said

"At Ubisoft for a long time we wanted to push 60 fps. I don't think it was a good idea because you don't gain that much from 60 fps and it doesn't look like the real thing. It's a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird.

"And in other games it's the same - like the Rachet and Clank series [where it was dropped]. So I think collectively in the video game industry we're dropping that standard because it's hard to achieve, it's twice as hard as 30fps, and its not really that great in terms of rendering quality of the picture and the image. 30 was our goal, it feels more cinematic. 60 is really good for a shooter, action adventure not so much. It actually feels better for people when it's at that 30fps. It also lets us push the limits of everything to the maximum."

30 was our goal, it feels more cinematic. 60 is really good for a shooter, action adventure not so much. It actually feels better for people when it's at that 30fps. It also lets us push the limits of everything to the maximum."

"It's like when people start asking about resolution. Is it the number of the quality of the pixels that you want? If the game looks gorgeous, who cares about the number?"

This is what scares me and I think Ubisoft will probably lock there games for 30FPS for that "Cinematic feel" for PC version also. Just some food for thought! And If this happen I will probably rage or they try downgrade the game like they did with WatchDog and my rage will probably over 9000

post-103333-0-39112600-1412993252.gif

Because bastards like Nicolas Guérin are lying through their teeth when making these statements. Because they cannot be arsed putting the effort into making their game better, for PC's.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Because of peasantry.

Making excuses for peasants who needed excuses to justify their purchase of overpriced/underpowered gaming machine.

Also, it's Ubisoft...what did you expect?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

There is no way that they would lock FC4 on PC, it's a FPS. I don't think they would do that.

Peasants don't notice the difference anyway, so why not be lazy and just cap your experience at 30 frames? Significant slowdown from 60 to 30 fps is very noticeable even for most peasants though, so it makes sense for "resolution is just a number" UBISOFT to cap.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Peasants don't notice the difference anyway, so why not be lazy and just cap your experience at 30 frames? Significant slowdown from 60 to 30 fps is very noticeable even for most peasants though, so it makes sense for "resolution is just a number" UBISOFT to cap.

Lol it's so ironic. Console gamers in the past haven't given two shits about if they're game is in 720p 30fps. But now when all these companies say all of these things, they suddenly get aware! It's like "resolution is just a number, framerate is just a number" well someone pointed out earlier that revenue also is just a number!