My dad just said beats are good headphones *FACEPALM*

Are you serious? It's his opinion. If you like a Big Mac, who am I to say that it tastes awful? If you enjoy Call Of Duty, who am I to say that it sucks?

like it or not, beats HP have become a standard in the audio indrustry. They pushed so hard to get into the market and it worked. They are very good headphones but very unbalanced from an audio perspective. As a sound engineer , they are a must to finish a good mix/video because so many people use them.

NannerBeans, on 11 Oct 2014 - 02:56 AM, said:

And his opinion is clearly wrong. If someone that doesn't know anything about audio believes him then misinformation is spread and we should all care about that.

Tumblr_m935jbUGkB1qhd1lzo1_400.gif

-snip-

You can deny it all you want. I know it sounds unconventional but people like that make convincing people to buy quality products much harder. It's definitely not ideal but it's the hard truth. 

Are you serious? It's his opinion. If you like a Big Mac, who am I to say that it tastes awful? If you enjoy Call Of Duty, who am I to say that it sucks?

In audio it's a bit different since there are no facts to say which one is better or not. People can disagree with me all they want I really don't care. Sure he has a right to like beats but when he says that they are good, that is just wrong and I have a right to say that he is wrong. 

There is a difference between "Big Macs suck" and "I don't like Big Macs".

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

There is a difference between "Big Macs suck" and "I don't like Big Macs".

Big Macs suck too tho.

They are not bad. But for the price you can get better if your not a basshead. If you are a basshead then it's one of the best out there. They have a flat sound and deep but punchy bass.

They are not bad. But for the price you can get better if your not a basshead. If you are a basshead then it's one of the best out there. They have a flat sound and deep but punchy bass.

no no no no no no no

While they aren't the worst headphones I have ever used, they are way overpriced for the audio quality. They are bought because the brand is "cool" and "hip" and "sick", as the kids say.

The legitimacy of your father's statement depends on how many people would like Beats relative to the other offerings at the same price range. (Or below. If there is a headphone that is like Beats for $100 cheaper. Feelings about the sound would be irrelevant because they sound the same.)

Not all opinions matter or should be taken seriously. If you are vomitting you go to the doctor to get a medicine x, y, and z. But that only assumes you don't want to vomit. What if you attacked the philosophical underpinnings of medicine by saying look, I want pain, I like to vomit, don't make me better? We've all decided together that opinion is ridiculous. So again, it depends on the preferences of people who have tried headphones in that price range. Are there options which are cheaper that can do the same job, especially when EQ'ed? Or is this just for fashion? If it's for fashion, opinions differ and the people who like that type of fashion will compliment you, and the people who don't  will talk smack. It's like this for every other piece of clothing.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Even an experienced audiophile said that the new solo 2s were pretty decent

The video has lots of hiss and poor audio quality, it's a bit ironic. :P

Anyway, the headphones are probably decent. Good and great are two different categories. 

In audio it's a bit different since there are no facts to say which one is better or not. People can disagree with me all they want I really don't care. Sure he has a right to like beats but when he says that they are good, that is just wrong and I have a right to say that he is wrong. 

Good is subjective. He doesn't say that it's better than other headphones, he just finds them 'good'. I think a Big Mac is good, but I rather have a Subway. 

Even if he thinks the beats are better, who cares? His opinion. It's not like more bass is complete wrong, it's just not a flat FR.  Not everybody likes a reference headphone.

Good is subjective. He doesn't say that it's better than other headphones, he just finds them 'good'. I think a Big Mac is good, but I rather have a Subway. 

Even if he thinks the beats are better, who cares? His opinion. It's not like more bass is complete wrong, it's just not a flat FR.  Not everybody likes a reference headphone.

He's still wrong. Beats are trash and it's not just the excessive bass. People like that spread misinformation so less people buy quality products. He's entitled to his opinion but that doesn't mean his opinion is right and I have just as much right to call him out for it. 

u have to try it bro. Don't look at the stat u nned to use it.

While that may be true for people who haven't tried a lot of headphones, I am not one of those persons.