amd fx 4350 ok for budget gaming build?

Okey to end this pointless discussion, I have a FX 6300 with an 280x and no it does not bottleneck at all, I get exact the same benchmark results as all those fancy test sides using x99 i7 test rigs. The FX 6300 is not fast or efficient, but it is still a good option for its value, this man is asking for a budged build and no bottleneck war. 

Exactly, you will not be bottlenecked by your 4350, CPU performance in games is greatly overshadowed by GPU dependency, I've tested it myself with a 6350(3.5gh) and a i7 2600(3.4gh) and in most games they perform with in margin of error (The MMO that I tested being the  exception that the intel wiped the floor with AMD because MMOs remove the GPU bottleneck by having no graphics) What I did was dial down my graphics setting from ultra @ 1080p to low@ 640x480 and in most games that I tested even at the lowest possible graphics settings the GPU(HD7970) was still holding it back, but in the 2 games that I managed to remove the GPU bottleneck in (Firefall, Tomb Raider) the Intel was the run away winner, I don't count Tomb raider as an exception because I was running it @720p low settings and nobody is going to play there game like that.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

keh.gifhaha, you just made me laugh. fx 4350 is a shit cpu as all other amd cpus, bottlenecking even mid-end cards

:rolleyes: Fanboy lvl detected, unknown to science! :D Is a good cpu, you clearly can't see the video, hahaha 0 bottlenecks given. :wub:

Cry Me A River B)

:rolleyes: Fanboy lvl detected, unknown to science! :D Is a good cpu, you clearly can't see the video, hahaha 0 bottlenecks given. :wub:

Congrats, I'm gonna put you with your other fellow amd fanboys in my ignore list, not to see your stupidity & biased videos anymore :D

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Congrats, I'm gonna put you with your other fellow amd fanboys in my ignore list, not to see your stupidity & biased videos anymore :D

Cry me a river. :D you could ask Linus to test that silly cpu, oc it to 4,5+/- and see if bottlenecks.. and then I wouldn't keep this thing if the video wasn't up there, but there it is, im not on AMD side, just that is clear lol. the price of that athlon and the i5.

Cry Me A River B)

And no, I'm not a fanboy, I'm just a guy who relies on facts ;)

Learn to read you own Benchmarks

The tool you use measures CPU and GPU performance and than sums them up. Of course the twice as expensive CPU is going to win. So when you look at the GPU results the i7 has a 2.7% better result.

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Have you got source other than seeing it with your own eyes? A R9 280X will be fine with a 6300. R9 290 is the point where it starts to become a bottleneck with a 6300. 

See look at this.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/152100-intel-vs-amd/page-5#entry2040365

I like that you linked to an argument with Faa, he was actually the one that convinced me to finally do game benchmark for my self and I made sure to do it to the best of my ability to meet his retirements and found that he was mostly wrong but had some points right.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Let me break it down to you pricewise. The fx 4350 mobo bundle comes out to 110 dollars, the cheapest i5 4670k bundle works out to about 300  You are looking at tripling the price with the i5. All he wants is a computer that will get him through the school year that he can play bf4 on ultra @1080p and get 60fps on. an fx 8350 would only cost about 50 dollars more so he could swing that if it would make a difference.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

If your only intention on this forum is to come and sh*tpost then I suggest you go to off-topic. There are plenty of scenarios where an AMD CPU falls flat on its face. Rather than running around calling everyone a fan boy get some facts together.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Otherwise @maizenblue as he's looking to play BF4 they tend to play quite nice on AMD CPUs as they use the threads, and with an AMD GPU you can use mantle to reduce CPU overhead. However I'd avoid the 4350 and pick up a 6300, you'll also want a decent board as the one you mentioned is horrible garbage (which will lead to throttling = CPU performance goes to poop).

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3Bh76h

It's 10% over budget... I'm sure you could cut that by buying some used parts here and there.

If your only intention on this forum is to come and sh*tpost then I suggest you go to off-topic. There are plenty of scenarios where an AMD CPU falls flat on its face. Rather than running around calling everyone a fan boy get some facts together.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Otherwise @maizenblue as he's looking to play BF4 they tend to play quite nice on AMD CPUs as they use the threads, and with an AMD GPU you can use mantle to reduce CPU overhead. However I'd avoid the 4350 and pick up a 6300, you'll also want a decent board as the one you mentioned is horrible garbage (which will lead to throttling = CPU performance goes to poop).

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3Bh76h

It's 10% over budget... I'm sure you could cut that by buying some used parts here and there.

Isn't that video fact enough?! And no, that are not my intentions. hahaha

Cry Me A River B)

A video showing that the FX4350 is 5% faster than a 750K is proof it doesn't bottleneck? No. And your other video shows bottlenecking so I'm not too convinced on what you're trying to do there.

And your system in your profile is a lie, no way does your lovely biostar 760g board run a 9590. All I see is you sh*t posting and thread necroing so if that isn't your intention I'd try doing something else.

not only 760, but it bottlnecks even GTX 660ti. here's proof:

As we see here FX-8320 is oc'ed to 4.7GHz paired with GTX 660ti & getting P26673 in 3DMark Vantage.

b4df23e84a77.jpg

Now look at this one: i7 3770 oc'ed to 4.3GHz paired with GTX 660 (note it's GTX 660, even slower than GTX 660ti) & it got P28380 in 3DMark Vantage.

5cb952fcba26.jpg

And no, I'm not a fanboy, I'm just a guy who relies on facts ;)

OK well im sorry but your "Facts are wrong" I have built 5 systems with the 760k. I did pair them with 750ti but I decided to put in my 760 and it didn't even bottle neck it I was getting incredibly similar FPS. The 6300 is fine for gaming and wont bottle neck a single card ( Will in SLI).Now before you call me a amd fanboy I will list the cpus i own and use.

i5 2500k

i7 2600k

Pentium G202

And a AMD 6300. 

I believe if your going to give advice dont say things like ""haha, you just made me laugh. fx 4350 is a shit cpu as all other amd cpus, bottlenecking even mid-end cards"

So before you try and so called help people by using complete closed minded bullshit do the test you self and get your head out of your ass.

pentium-g3258-battlefield-4-benchmark-re

Clearly no bottleneck >.> A G3258 won't come close to a 3930K with 4 cores/HT disabled at 4.9GHz. He's just benchmarking singleplayer do you really expect that it loads anything to the CPU?

A 4300 will be a bottleneck for a 290, especially in maps like Metro, but it's not like it's not playable. Anyways OP it doesn't make much sense pairing a 290 with a 4300, you're better off getting a G3258/Z97 board and upgrade the CPU later to a 4690k. Although you could swap the 4300 for a 6300 instead

I like that you linked to an argument with Faa, he was actually the one that convinced me to finally do game benchmark for my self and I made sure to do it to the best of my ability to meet his retirements and found that he was mostly wrong but had some points right.

Right in everything you mean. Besides gl getting AMD on par with Intel in 720p/low settings.

Learn to read you own Benchmarks

The tool you use measures CPU and GPU performance and than sums them up. Of course the twice as expensive CPU is going to win. So when you look at the GPU results the i7 has a 2.7% better result.

Learn to face the fatcs. And facts says crap fx cpu bottlenecks the shit out of mid-end card.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

OK well im sorry but your "Facts are wrong" I have built 5 systems with the 760k. I did pair them with 750ti but I decided to put in my 760 and it didn't even bottle neck it I was getting incredibly similar FPS. The 6300 is fine for gaming and wont bottle neck a single card ( Will in SLI).Now before you call me a amd fanboy I will list the cpus i own and use.

i5 2500k

i7 2600k

Pentium G202

And a AMD 6300. 

I believe if your going to give advice dont say things like ""haha, you just made me laugh. fx 4350 is a shit cpu as all other amd cpus, bottlenecking even mid-end cards"

So before you try and so called help people by using complete closed minded bullshit do the test you self and get your head out of your ass.

What games did you test? Where are your screenshots or videos? Why we should trust your words? I just posted screenshots where GTX 660ti is being bottlenecked by amd cpu & you keep talking those shits...Just stfu with your BS...

Some people have their heads deep in the ass & don't even want to leave it...

What games did you test? Where are your screenshots or videos? Why we should trust your words? I just posted screenshots where GTX 660ti is being bottlenecked by amd cpu & you keep talking those shits...Just stfu with your BS...

Some people have their heads deep in the ass & don't even want to leave it...

Okay so, I ask you something. Will AMD Athlon x750k "quad core" (lower than FX4350 "quad core") bottleneck a Titan 6gb?

Cry Me A River B)

Okay so, I ask you something. Will AMD Athlon x750k "quad core" (lower than FX4350 "quad core") bottleneck a Titan 6gb?

yes. it can bottleneck a r9 270 in the right scenarios.

okay you overrated fanboys.. read the system specs and see the results

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pentium-g3258-overclocking-performance,3849-3.html

My work is done here! ;)

haha!!! Epic I must admit it. I'm not on no ones side, but I see that athlon it perform a bit better or even the same at stock or oc in some games.

okay you overrated fanboys.. read the system specs and see the results

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pentium-g3258-overclocking-performance,3849-3.html

What?

I'm not arguing Athlon vs Pentium... I'm just not seeing how you think an Atlhon is perfectly capable of driving high end GPUs.

Athlon getting beat considerably:

arma-fr.png

There's lots of low dips here, making for a poor gameplay experience.

arma-frot.png

Battlefield 4 frame times are again, low. And I can't find any reference saying whether this is single or multiplayer. Try taking a 750k into a 64p server on ultra and you'll have a great time.

bf4-ftv.png

Metro: notoriously CPU heavy game, what's worth looking at is the FPS lows

metro-fr.png

And again frame times, lots of variance makes for uneven play

metro-ftv.png

And in WoW...

wow-fr.png

When you take that into a raid or something (E.g. most of endgame) you'll have a hard time keeping 15-20FPS

I don't see your point here... Athlon getting beat in half the tests, half the tests showing overclocked results quite a bit lower than non-OC (so the runs aren't consistent enough for benching).

@Faa save your time on this one :P

put it this way... will my 8 year old q6600 @3ghz bottleneck in games?

What?

I'm not arguing Athlon vs Pentium... I'm just not seeing how you think an Atlhon is perfectly capable of driving high end GPUs.

Athlon getting beat considerably:

arma-fr.png

There's lots of low dips here, making for a poor gameplay experience.

arma-frot.png

Battlefield 4 frame times are again, low. And I can't find any reference saying whether this is single or multiplayer. Try taking a 750k into a 64p server on ultra and you'll have a great time.

bf4-ftv.png

Metro: notoriously CPU heavy game, what's worth looking at is the FPS lows

metro-fr.png

And again frame times, lots of variance makes for uneven play

metro-ftv.png

And in WoW...

wow-fr.png

When you take that into a raid or something (E.g. most of endgame) you'll have a hard time keeping 15-20FPS

I don't see your point here... Athlon getting beat in half the tests, half the tests showing overclocked results quite a bit lower than non-OC (so the runs aren't consistent enough for benching).

@Faa save your time on this one :P

My point is that the fx 4350 will not bottleneck gtx 780, titan or 980, that is the entire point of all this. it doesn't perform that well, like an i7, i do know that don't worry lol. You said it will bottleneck a r9 270, so here is that not even titan 6gb is not held back by the cpu.. so i prove you and your little friends with huge amount of posts that it will not. End of story! ;)

Cry Me A River B)

My point is that the fx 4350 will not bottleneck gtx 780, titan or 980, that is the entire point of all this. it doesn't perform that well, like an i7, i do know that don't worry lol. You said it will bottleneck a r9 270, so here is that not even titan 6gb is not held back by the cpu.. so i prove you and your little friends with huge amount of posts that it will not. End of story! ;)

The heck...? You've just shown me 2 videos and 20 graphs showing an Athlon holding back a GPU. You clearly don't understand...

@Faa am I missing something here or am I talking with a brick wall?

HI MY PENTIUM D 805 RUNS A GAME THEREFORE IT WONT BOTTLENECK! 

The heck...? You've just shown me 2 videos and 20 graphs showing an Athlon holding back a GPU.

I think you don't really understand a nasty bottleneck is O.o ..and btw also is price involved in the entire story ;)

Cry Me A River B)

@biFanBoy

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Be gone with you.  Some of us are actually trying to help people.

OP:  Your best option is to buy a Pentium G3258 + Z97 motherboard.  Overclock the Pentium, it is not hard, and it doesn't cost anything.  You will then have an upgrade path to an i5 or i7 if you ever want to.  Broadwell is also supported on Z97.

If you were to go AMD FX4, you would severely bottleneck an R9 290, and if you decided to go to an FX8, it would still bottleneck an R9 290, although not as much.  In order to go to FX8, you would have to have a very expensive motherboard that is capable of powering the FX8, as well as aftermarket cooling.  The expensive motherboard and aftermarket cooling are not issues with Intel.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."