Shadow of Mordor making YouTubers give non-negative feedback in return for a review copy.

Antoin315

Will they could buy one and I think total biscuit made some negative comments.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

yeah TB complained a lot about this, he only did his thing after getting an uncompromising review code, he said the same thing happened whit the last batman game so WB PR is playing the bullshit card

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

sacrifice the trust of your viewers for $50 , seems legit

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

It was an enjoyable game to play but way too short.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

yeah TB complained a lot about this, he only did his thing after getting an uncompromising review code, he said the same thing happened whit the last batman game so WB PR is playing the bullshit card

Yeah boggie also said that it's bullshit to do this.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I think it's to get the first review for the game, but in my opinion I like CGP Grey style quality over quantity, so I won't mind waiting a week or even a mouth for his review.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

lol at people who actually follow game reviews

What do you mean TB saved me a lot of money and other reviews like Kevin Kenson.....

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

without those all game would be cod, a rehash of a rehash, the thing is looking for a unbiased one, TB is one of the few also polygon is pretty fair

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

This business model of WB pretty much tells me all I need to know about WB Play aka Steam rip-off DRM bullshit, before it even comes out.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

without those all game would be cod, a rehash of a rehash, the thing is looking for a unbiased one, TB is one of the few also polygon is pretty fair

I consider games to be more of a personal preference than something that can be given a consideration based on a review.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I consider games to be more of a personal preference than something that can be given a consideration based on a review.

Then what about aesthetics, graphical fidelity,  story, gameplay and list goes on, can't you review a game based on these things?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

well i use reviews to be a guide of what the games has and see if it caters to my preference not to see if its good or bad, putting a score at the end of it is meaningless

companies have been doing this for a long time, not just WB, and it extends to every market, not just gaming. but its only when TB complains about it, does it become a big deal.  dont get me wrong, it a shitty practice and it shouldnt be allowed, but its not in the least bit surprising, and the TB hype train is getting a bit out of hand.. hes a decent reviewer, but holy shit his followers are more devoted than any apple fanboy.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

companies have been doing this for a long time, not just WB, and it extends to every market, not just gaming. but its only when TB complains about it, does it become a big deal.  dont get me wrong, it a shitty practice and it shouldnt be allowed, but its not in the least bit surprising, and the TB hype train is getting a bit out of hand.. hes a decent reviewer, but holy shit his followers are more devoted than any apple fanboy.

Have you seen Justin Bieber or One Direction fans, boy you haven't seen anything yet.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Have you seen Justin Bieber or One Direction fans, boy you haven't seen anything yet.

hes not quiet on that level, but i deffinately believe he's surpased Frozen

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

hes not quiet on that level, but i deffinately believe he's surpased Frozen

Really surpassed Frozen wow.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Seems to be standard practice now. MS did it with Xbox One. EA has been caught. Astroturfing is just becoming the norm.

Just use that brain you have and realize that many times "reviews" can be advertisements. 

Exactly. I have been pissed off with astroturfing for years across many products and dealing with many companies, but when I said it I got called a "tin foil hat conspiracy theorist". Astroturfing is simply the best advertising in the world. You can manipulate perception, you can say something like "you can't see over 792p anyways or 900p" and repeat that long enough and you will have idiots repeating it and then they advertise for you. It works on youtubes, is very effective on forums and you can attack people who point out that you are always in favor of one product and seem to be selling it continuously. 

Last time Microsoft was caught the legality was called into question by many people (because it is illegal) and they had to disclose that this was a promotion. If you check the information section of a youtube video it HAS to say "promotion by Warner Brothers" etc. if it is a promotion or comes with a contract/caveat as far as any negative press.

So when you see that? You know you are not getting a "honest" review.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Seems to be standard practice now. MS did it with Xbox One. EA has been caught. Astroturfing is just becoming the norm.

Just use that brain you have and realize that many times "reviews" can be advertisements. 

Exactly. I have been pissed off with astroturfing for years across many products and dealing with many companies, but when I said it I got called a "tin foil hat conspiracy theorist". Astroturfing is simply the best advertising in the world. You can manipulate perception, you can say something like "you can't see over 792p anyways or 900p" and repeat that long enough and you will have idiots repeating it and then they advertise for you. It works on youtubes, is very effective on forums and you can attack people who point out that you are always in favor of one product and seem to be selling it continuously. 

Last time Microsoft was caught the legality was called into question by many people (because it is illegal) and they had to disclose that this was a promotion. If you check the information section of a youtube video it HAS to say "promotion by Warner Brothers" etc. if it is a promotion or comes with a contract/caveat as far as any negative press.

So when you see that? You know you are not getting a "honest" review.

I second this.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Well apparently they will use content ID against anyone who posts a review that doesn't have a signed contract.

It's bullshit. What the hell are you doing Warner Bros and anyone who accepted these terms?

Well apparently they will use content ID against anyone who posts a review that doesn't have a signed contract.

It's bullshit. What the hell are you doing Warner Bros and anyone who accepted these terms?

What even if you bought the game and reviewed it, that is fucked up?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

That is actually very terrible.

Though, the game was pretty good, so they don't have to lie for this one.

But that just anyone considered taking the offer makes me want to hit something D:

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I am sorry sir, but how exactly I am supposed to inform myself before making a purchase?

Do you suggest perhaps to buy blindly anything that is thrown at you?

Instead of laughing at people that are simply trying to inform themselves you could give some help or suggestions.