AMD please bring some competition

PcBlackBelt

no.

amd is not "behind". stop using synthetic benchmarks that were financially supported by intel as a reference point. look at real world gaming performance, and then use real world application performance.  amd is ahead in quite a few, and behind in quite a few. but it IS NOT a 200$ price difference of worth. going from 180 to 340 usd and people whine and moan because intel is ahead by 1 fps in 2 games.

he is a fanboy, plain and simple. i can say i'm not one, because i have quite a few systems, using a variety of parts.  because i build for specific applications. acknowledge that there are pro's and cons then leave it at that.

"Real world" gaming benchmarks. I think the synthetic benchmark statement is an excuse.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

They dont need to. They win automatically.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Like you said don't count on AMD to give any reason for Intel to care but for gaming there's not any need for better CPU so Intel doesn't have any reason to increase the performance from that point of view either.

That's pretty much what Intel is going for at the moment, hence the iGPU...

~meOw! Σ:3

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/5831/Screen%20Shot%202012-05-14%20at%2010.38.35%20PM.png

So no AMD doesn't have 8 core CPU on the consumer side, best was the hexacore or the dodeca on the server side.

What are you talking about dude? The FX8350 and 8120 are both 8 core CPU's.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

amd-fx-logo1.jpg

I think that AMD may actually take the lead in performance when games start utilizing 8 cores. This actually happened in Crysis 3, the 8350 was just as quick as all the 1155 CPU's.

With the new 8 core consoles it's only a matter of time now before all games are optimized just like Crysis 3.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

What the shit are you talking about dude? The FX8350 and 8120 are both 8 core CPU's.

Read the essay than if you can provide me with any more information then I'll listen to you.

Read the essay than if you can provide me with any more information then I'll listen to you.

even though i'll get an infraction and probably banned, i just want to say that you are not the brightest bulb in the bunch, and i wonder if you were the kid in my courses that had to explain asia isn't a country, and that 2+2 doesn't = fish.

even though i'll get an infraction and probably banned, i just want to say that you are not the brightest bulb in the bunch, and i wonder if you were the kid in my courses that had to explain asia isn't a country, and that 2+2 doesn't = fish.

By saying I'm an idiot and not refuting any of my point you just demonstrated that you can't prove me wrong and you are the idiot.

If you continue to insult me without any backup than yes I'll probably complain, if you show me your backup then I'll stop saying thing that are false but I can't do that if I doesn't believe it.

Edit: No got a better idea, I'll report you, get the attention of a mod and maybe he'll be able to tell me where and if I'm wrong.