Concerns about switching to the Moto G

So with Christmas right around the corner, I have been instructed to make a list. My limit is 400$ and I wish to exclusively use amazon.

Last year I got the iPhone 5s for Christmas and I loved it...when it was jailbroken. To further explain, every iDevice I have used since the 3gs has been jailbroken. I absolutely despise stock ios as it falls short for me in countless ways. With this in mind, I decided it was time to switch to Android, an OS that better suits a user like me. However, After just getting the 5s last year, I am locked to a 2-year contract. This means I must find an unlocked phone within the 400$ limit or I'm out of luck. 

After months of research and looking at reviews, I've chosen the Moto G 2nd Generation. I watched as motorola made dents in the mobile device industry with phones like the moto X and would definitely chose them as my overall favorite phone company. Despite this, I must worry about the overall quality of the Moto G due to that low price point. Here are my questions regarding this concern.

Is this phone going to feel cheap in my hands?

Will it look like a 'budget' phone from outsiders?
Would you use this device as your daily driver as opposed to a flagship like the iPhone 5s?
Do you currently own this device? If so, what are your thought so far?

Wishlist: http://amzn.com/w/2C3KO0RD8DK6F

Yes, I know the monitor well exceeds this limit. I'll most likely adjust this in the future. If this link is not aloud, please inform me so I may remove it.

I (personally) would stick with the 5s.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

The 5s is much better than a moto g and if you can't stand it get a one plus one

I'm really looking for an android device. I would definetly chose the Oneplus one, but the invite system is not something my dad would be comfortable with. Also amazon does not reliably ship the device itself.

I don't game on my phone and only snap pictures for Instagram, so these trade backs in specs don't really affect me to much. That's why my main concern is build quality. I spend a great deal of time customizing my 5s with themes, tweaks and skins/cases to get the prefect look.