Precrime Artificial intelligence system can predict data theft by scanning email...

Not the 'minority report' kind of  precrime that you were expecting.. Basically a variant of risk prediction technology

email-scanning-13611916.jpg

Nevertheless this is an interesting story , The artificial intelligence (most probably like the heuristic analysis like AV's use)  was developed to scan employees emails to search for pattern on whether the employee is potentially going to to giveaway/sell classified business details of the company,

The feature follows the arrest in July of an engineer who allegedly stole personal data of 20+ million users personal data of Benesse, the parent company of Berlitz language schools in Japan, to sell them for a profit.The incident was one of Japan’s largest data leak

The artificial intelligence system developed by UBIC’s system dubbed Virtual Data Scientist, can sift through messages and identify senders whose writing suggests they are in financial straits or disgruntled about how their employer treats them.

“The Risk Prediction function can detect which risk phase the company is facing and alerts in advance so that the company can make the crisis prevention before the incident takes place”

The system is built on established human expertise.The Virtual Data Scientist trains itself by studying and emulating the techniques of professional auditors. It can then bring those techniques to bear by scanning massive volumes of email. UBIC says it’s more efficient than traditional manual keyword searches and that even subtle indications of fraud can be detected.

The approach links machine learning with analysis of big data and behavioral sciences such as psychology and criminology. The emerging field is known as "behavior informatics" and it has its own IEEE task force and other research groups.

UBIC’s system currently works in Japanese only, but support for English and other languages is being added

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2691132/artificial-intelligence-system-can-predict-data-theft-by-scanning-email.html

Post your thoughts & rants down below, is it a fair system to snoop on employee email regardless of the risk it carries? post your comments below

Details separate people.

I bet I could trick it to think I would ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Never use work email for personal stuff. Boom I'm now a crime lord. 

That was a very good movie, well the movie that featured a company called Precrime, that wasn't exactly ai. But still. 

Oh look, more G.I.G.O bullshit.

Garbage In, Garbage Out,

Or in the case of governments and businesses

Garbage In, Gospel Out.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

psycho pass is becoming a thing, people are gonna get judged by robots as to whether they are gonna commit a crime and then get thrown in jail before they do anything in order words every person that rage quits from a game gets thrown in jail

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

psycho pass is becoming a thing, people are gonna get judged by robots as to whether they are gonna commit a crime and then get thrown in jail before they do anything in order words every person that rage quits from a game gets thrown in jail

Beat me to it :D

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx |