A question to all Xperia Z and Z1 users how are your android updates?

I'm considering a Z3 compact and the only thing that can stop me is poor android update delivery (and no I don't fancy rooting, especially Sony phones), so I'm asking, was your experience good with regards to updates?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I'm considering a Z3 compact and the only thing that can stop me is poor android update delivery (and no I don't fancy rooting, especially Sony phones), so I'm asking, was your experience good with regards to updates?

My mum  has the Z and still hasn't gotten KitKat. Though it's been released for the phone it hasn't said to update and I've checked for updates for her. We're using T-Mobile by the way.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Why you no root also. Arab bro!

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Why you no root also. Arab bro!

I find too creepy to have to send emails to Sony with my device model just to unlock the boot loader, and not to forget the complains of degrading camera quality after installing custom ROMs.

Pascal laptops guide

I have the Z1 on day one when it came out.

I have not rooted it since it came out. No worries of bloatware etc.

Updates came quite fast.

its now android 4.4.4 since July.

I have to agree with the camera thing that they degrade camera quility after installing ROM's, SONY WTF?

I also have the Z1.

There is not much bloatware and added features. 

They mostly make the appearance look better. 

I got KitKat about 5 months ago. But I was waiting for T-Mobile to get it to me. Not Sony. Sony usually puts out updates faster than the carriers. 

The 4.4.4 update has been great and provided many features and makes the phone look great.

It also allows nova launcher to hide the status bar and on-screen controls.

I have not tried to install anything (But that is against my contract) 

I don't think you need to though. The standard android experience is good. 

Screenshot_2014-08-12-19-30-27.png

Screenshot_2014-08-09-15-33-00.png

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

My mum  has the Z and still hasn't gotten KitKat. Though it's been released for the phone it hasn't said to update and I've checked for updates for her. We're using T-Mobile by the way.

If its the Z1S. I would suggest using the Sony Update center to download it. 

I got mine about 5 months ago.

Oops. Sorry. My post is two spaces above. 

But you have not followed your topic.

Oops. Sorry. My post is two spaces above. 

But you have not followed your topic.

Noticed that too, I guess I'll wait for L to get released and see how sony rolls it to Z (hopefully) and Z1

Pascal laptops guide