how much have you written to your SSD?

title says most of it. if you open anything that displays SMART data like crystaldiskinfo, check out the host writes.

I was astonished to have written nearly 130 Terabytes to my 250GB SSD.

I have no idea how I wrote so much data.

post your results below

title says most of it. if you open anything that displays SMART data like crystaldiskinfo, check out the host writes.

post your results below

Wow, I I have written 1.65Tb after 3 months? I thought I was writing a lot.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Upwards of infinity...

I have no SSD.

I can never go back

Wow, I I have written 1.65Tb after 3 months? I thought I was writing a lot.

I have had this SSD maybe 8 months. I'm actually quite worried. it shouldn't be writing that much data.

0tb (have yet to receive I won a 480gb r7 ssd that's on its way)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I can never go back

I have had this SSD maybe 8 months. I'm actually quite worried. it shouldn't be writing that much data.

sounds like an issue with the SSD or some software writing a lot of data to your SSD... I'd seriously recommend an RMA

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

post your results below

Power On Hours?

I've had mine in use for 7.3 months (5254 hours) and have written 3.92 TB.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I can never go back

It certainly should not. What ssd do you have?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

It certainly should not. What ssd do you have?

Crucial M500 250GB model

this was more of a survey sort of thing. I know that there has to be some reason that I am writing that much data, and I am in the process of finding out why.

hmm.. apparently I've only got 74 power on hours, and only written 741gb.

Seems like hardly anything...

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

iGNenf8dRUYLH.png

Now here's my regular 160gb HDD.... over 40 PB...

ibbPe3NgxZ0NHO.png

Pomf =3

ive only had my SSD for about 3 months so not alot. currently 837GB written.

i was going through my old HHD that i had in my laptop. Power on hrs is 12301 hrs. i was like OOOMMMMGGG!

MotherBoard: Asus Z87 Gryphon CPU: i5 4670k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 DCUII RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair HX650v2 SemiModular Storage: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL Keybord: Ducky Shine Zero Cherry  Red Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45

my laptop is at 2 TB of write, my HTPC has 90 TB of writes on it's SSD, which I expected because it is cacheing live TV for several hours out of the day, and I am not concerned as it is a sandforce drive and the video is uncompressed, so it's proably more like 30-50TB after the controller compresses it.

my desktop though with the whopping 130 TB of host writes. . . I just ran malwarebytes and am running a boot time Avast! scan. if that turns up nothing and my host writes keep climbing, I'll be contacting support.

I have 5TB on my 120GB SSD, most of which was accidental when I saved huge files to the SSD instead of my storage hard drives or accidentally downloaded Titanfall after a few reformats

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Aw! It doesn't read HFS+ disks, or exFat, or well any of my Thunderbolt drives.

My NTFS windows 8.1 SSD is only 2 weeks old, and only has 7TB written to it. 

Although On my HFS+ disks for OS X I easily write a few TB a week.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

in the 2 months since installing my 500gb 840 EVO I have written 0.60tb to it.

MISS HOVER, I ATE MY GLUE!!!!

Looking close to 10 TB each on the 840 and 840 Pro in my laptop.

Oh I should mention that over 2 years or so.

my laptop is at 2 TB of write, my HTPC has 90 TB of writes on it's SSD, which I expected because it is cacheing live TV for several hours out of the day, and I am not concerned as it is a sandforce drive and the video is uncompressed, so it's proably more like 30-50TB after the controller compresses it.

my desktop though with the whopping 130 TB of host writes. . . I just ran malwarebytes and am running a boot time Avast! scan. if that turns up nothing and my host writes keep climbing, I'll be contacting support.

Video data is almost always already compressed and when sandforce tries to compress already compressed data with its loose algorithm it actually increases the side by 2-5% thus actually inducing more writes and slower speeds.

Well one of the Crucial MX100 512GB I currently use has around 3TB (bought on 6.7.2014) and the second one I got after I RMAed my 4 yo Patriot Inferno 120GB now has just under 1TB (I got this one on 12.8.2014) and since I reinstalled my system a few times and I don't have any HDD in my main rig so I also use it for my downloads.

post-44327-0-81802100-1412595451_thumb.p

post-44327-0-42558500-1412595453_thumb.p

the oldest SSD I still have is Intel 520 120GB and this one has around 20TB of writes and I'm not sure how does the Kingston 60GB SSD count the writes(you can check the screen)

post-44327-0-52647200-1412595338_thumb.p

post-44327-0-59379300-1412595340_thumb.p

Asgard - Local server(Plex, Minecraft, Teamspeak, etc.)

Valhalla - My main rig(i5 4670k@4.4GHz,GTX780 ACX)

Valkyrie - Asus N53SN(Yeah I want to get rid of this and replace it with something more mobile)

That reminds me I wonder what my Intel X25-V 40GB drive has as it was my original SSD and its still in use today.

Video data is almost always already compressed and when sandforce tries to compress already compressed data with its loose algorithm it actually increases the side by 2-5% thus actually inducing more writes and slower speeds.

I feel like the compression for WMC DVR is very loose as it takes up 10GB+ per hour.

According to Samsung Magician I have written 1,29TB on my 840 Pro in about 9 months.

so according to that program I have written twice the rated write endurance for the drive, but somehow I get day1 performance and it's never been secure erased to restore performance.

somehow that doesn't make sense. if the number keeps climbing I WILL be contacting support. luckily it hasa 3 year warranty.