personally i don't like glossy finishes on cases. Also when it comes to buying a case it might be worth it not to buy a "budget" case because a good higher end case can and will last for several builds, and will require less compromises while building.

Antec Sonata, now that was a great case.

Really Linus? STDs award? You guys are really going [Linus joke voice]balls to the wall[/Linus joke voice] with your innuendos :P

WTF?! A single 140 fan mount on top?!

Sigh.......such a fucking waste of space.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

WTF?! A single 140 fan mount on top?!

Sigh.......such a fucking waste of space.

Well considering you can't put radiators in the top, I guess it is better than having nothing. And I don't think you will need 3 fans for exhaust.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Well considering you can't put radiators in the top, I guess it is better than having nothing. And I don't think you will need 3 fans for exhaust.

Eh, I was just hoping for more. I wanted room in the top for at least a 360 rad in push/pull. I guess it's a nice case for the money though. I was just expecting more.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Eh, I was just hoping for more. I wanted room in the top for at least a 360 rad in push/pull. I guess it's a nice case for the money though. I was just expecting more.

At least a 360? In a mid tower with a cable management shroud? This isn't made by CaseLabs bro :D

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The glossy black really throws me off on this case, would have preferred a more matte finish than a glossy one. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

The glossy black really throws me off on this case, would have preferred a more matte finish than a glossy one. 

It has a matte finish on the top and inside that unfortunately scratches very easily.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

If this case had the quality that fractal's cases have, I'd buy that case. I really like the style, yet the 'cheapness' lets it down a bit.

I bought this case and repainted over the glossy black with matteblack.

Case: NZXT. s340 | PSU: Corsair GS700 | Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: EVGA GTX 560 | CPU: AMD FX-8320 8-core @ 3.5Ghz | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i (upgrading to this soon) | RAM: 2 x 4 Corsair Vengeance pronDDR3 DRAM 1866MHz

Linus, you need a better brand name for your STDS award, instead of the Stuff That Doesn't Suck, abbrivate it Stuff That doesn'T Suck, STTS,  and then then shrink it further to ST2  which will be much less of a mouthfull, and roles off the tounge easier, which is always good ;)

Yeah, but if he did that, it wouldn't sound dirty anymore. :( And that's half the fun.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Yo, LinusTech, I just taught of a great new award you can give stuff that really disappointed you.

The Very Disappointing award. Or VD for short.  :)

6430qv.jpg

I like this case, the high glossy black is bearable. The only problems I have is some 140mm fan issues at the front and top.
120mm are really preferred ofr this case and you can't quite fit a 140mm radiator at front ... (tried with kraken x41, had to return).

Case: NZXT. s340 | PSU: Corsair GS700 | Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: EVGA GTX 560 | CPU: AMD FX-8320 8-core @ 3.5Ghz | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i (upgrading to this soon) | RAM: 2 x 4 Corsair Vengeance pronDDR3 DRAM 1866MHz

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1uMkTQC

Amazon: Coming soon

We have received a TON of requests lately for a review of the NZXT S340. So here it is - is this affordable case as exciting and revolutionary as NZXT's promotional videos would suggest?

amazon s340 is here http://www.amazon.com/Tower-Cases-CA-S340W-B1-Glossy-Black/dp/B00NGMIBUU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412541766&sr=8-1&keywords=s340+nzxt

Actually got it cheaper on Ebay for 76$ including tax+shipping. Sold by Neweggs + brand new.

Shipping was free and It came next day for me, not too sure why. That sure was a better deal than buying it on the nzxt website or amazon :D

Very good for it´s price point... God this move from NZXT was perfect...

I mean, the 100~150 dollars ( and in here, Europe too) is practically dominated by phanteks whose case´s are the reference point... Corsair has that godly good looking case 760T, and above the 200 dollars (and euros) price again phanteks has you covered with a watercooling´s wet dream case, so NZXT charged the only price categorie  that was still open for discussion...

I wonder, what will Corsair respond to the current market, i don´t think they are the leading standard for so many price categories, maybe it´s time for they to reneview their obsidian line up cases

How easy is it to strip down for painting? I like the minimal look and if it's not to diffucult to strip off at least the exterior bits for paint, would be really nice to do an unusual color build in.

Yo, LinusTech, I just taught of a great new award you can give stuff that really disappointed you.

The Very Disappointing award. Or VD for short.  :)

No, it should be the STD still but have it stand for Sexually Transmitted Disease.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

No, it should be the STD still but have it stand for Sexually Transmitted Disease.

The VD award is as separate award. Not a replacement. Also, look up VD ;)

What kind of coating can prevent scratching on the window and what kind for the top?

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I love the fact that at 4:42 , the motherboard isin't screwed in :P good job Linus !
@LinusTech

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

• 5 weeks later...

I don't like the shiny black and hardware canucks has some important down sides to this case.

• 2 weeks later...

So, not sure where I can look for any of this, but I can never find your build list for these videos. I really like the motherboard you have for this case, it looks like an ASUS Maximus but in black. Is there a link or name I can for finding this?

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it looks to be a Sabertooth, can hardly see the colors. Now to figure out what memory that is.