H80i Jet Engine! Need quiet fans.

I just installed on my PC an H80i. Goddammit, the sound is really loud and annoying.

Anybody got recommendations on good fans that are quite but don't sacrifice performance?

Set a custom curve on the fans it's only audible if I am listening for it in my PC.

Set a custom curve on the fans it's only audible if I am listening for it in my PC.

This, having the fans at a higher speed wont make a huge difference in performance.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Scythe Gentle Typhoons are a great option and a better performer than Noctuas for the same or lower price. 

What does this mean? You mean twisting the blades so that they curves more?

Thanks!!!!!! :)

Scythe Gentle Typhoons are a great option and a better performer than Noctuas for the same or lower price. 

Thnx for the recommendations. I will look into it.

What does this mean? You mean twisting the blades so that they curves more?

Lol no. It is using software to tell the fans to stay at their slowest speed, instead of it ramping up with the temps increase. Or setting a curve that only increase the fan speed when it gets as hot as you prefer.

Go here. See the second image how it "curves" up? That's why it is called a curve, the fan speed increases and the temps increase.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Lol no. It is using software to tell the fans to stay at their slowest speed, instead of it ramping up with the temps increase. Or setting a curve that only increase the fan speed when it gets as hot as you prefer.

Go here. See the second image how it "curves" up? That's why it is called a curve, the fan speed increases and the temps increase.

Oh thanks, I'm kinda a noob lol. Don't know about this software but thanks for linking it. Might give it a try.

Oh thanks, I'm kinda a noob lol. Don't know about this software but thanks for linking it. Might give it a try.

Speedfan has a steep learning curve. You could try using corsair link to do the same thing, it is easier to understand. If you can manage to get the software working. Same idea behind it regardless of the software you use though.

Speedfan has a steep learning curve. You could try using corsair link to do the same thing, it is easier to understand. If you can manage to get the software working. Same idea behind it regardless of the software you use though.

OMG just realized that it's supposed to come with a software. No wonder that it has USB cable included to be connected to the mobo. :P

I'm downloading it now at Corsair website. Thanks!!!

This is my first time using high end cooler, so yeah, I'm nooby. xD

OMG just realized that it's supposed to come with a software. No wonder that it has USB cable included to be connected to the mobo. :P

I'm downloading it onw at Corsair website. Thanks!!!

Lol I just assumed you weren't using it or didn't know its functions, not that you didn't have it. :P But you're welcome. :)

...if you can find them.

^^^^

I have had great results with Aerocool DS fans for radiators and AIO coolers. Definitely not the cheapest, but the fans are indeed very quiet and performance is on par with the lower db fans. I would recommend them over the Jetflows. The Aerocools are just as quiet, if not more so (at the same voltages) that the Typhoon I have for comparison. The Jetflows are decent as well (And cheaper, IIRC) but definitely a good bit louder than the DS/Typhoons.

Other nice thing is the DS fans come in colors that aren't polarizing, like the Noctuas.

Hope that helps!

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I found with this cooler, theres only a couple of degrees between quiet mode and performance mode. around 1100 rpm on the fans is about all i can personally tolerate from this cooler. it is ridiculously loud.

Im using the h80i with fans set to fan1 850rpm fan2 875rpm and its really quiet.

Average temperature when playing BF4 on Ultra ( 1-2 hours / CPU AMD FX 8320 ) 40-45 Degres Celsius