A rant about local stores!

The Gaige

Why is it that I can find anything I want online but I can't find good & I mean good quality products at for example Staples & Radio shack & yes that is the only 2 tech stores I have around me. All of their products are mid to low end in what I would say the quality the products they sale.

It's like these stores wonder why no one buys stuff from them well cause you don't have good quality tech to sale!

Because the average consumer only knows of Bose and massive flat screens that are only 1080p They'll never stock good hardware because average every day consumer shops for cheap goods. You'll never find a good *IPS 2560x1400 monitor at a typical local store, but you'll find tons of crappy Acer units for <200 dollars using TN panels.

Best buy has some good stuff, but you're right. I remember back in the early 2000's ,walking into Compusa and finding a wall full of fans and a room full of computer cases. Now you walk into best buy and you're lucky to find a single case.  :(

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I've noticed the same thing! All my local stores, I live in Pensacola, have really shit products. Office depot is a fantastic example, it has a lot of different products, but they're all really low end, or from shoddy manufacturers. 

I wouldn't consider Staples or Radioshack to be a true tech store in the sense you're looking for, regardless of what is, or is not around you. Neither of these stores are really capable of tailoring themselves to the gaming scene. my local radioshack has a very tiny gaming section (it probably takes up a five foot area on the wall) - it's still primarily focused on the xbox 360. and I don't know that Staples has any gaming... anything... at all.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I know this, I will NEVER buy another "HDTV" at a store again, I'd rather make an HTPC and hook it to the biggest 4k monitor I can find. (not sure if that would look good or not since most stuff isn't shot at 4k)

I just had to buy a friggin 20 dollar tube of thermal paste on newegg because my local PC stores (PC repair shops) dont carry any thermal paste.....

Best buy has some good stuff, but you're right. I remember back in the early 2000's ,walking into Compusa and finding a wall full of fans and a room full of computer cases. Now you walk into best buy and you're lucky to find a single case.  :(

WOAH WOAH WOAH...... Best buy has cases? The one near me has like, 3 Nvidia graphics cards, all 500, 600 series, a few keyboards, and thats it. MAybe a mouse or two and some headsets.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There seems to be rare stores that actually cater to us. There is NCIX, Micro Center and Fry's, but the other places like Best Buy, Radio Shack and so on... They are what 7/11 is to a an actual grocery store.

I live right by Micro Center. :P

signatures are the illuminati #mkultragotcha

There seems to be rare stores that actually cater to us. There is NCIX, Micro Center and Fry's, but the other places like Best Buy, Radio Shack and so on... They are what 7/11 is to a an actual grocery store.

I was at Best Buy 3 days ago.

The GTX 760 was $320. I facepalmed.

I'm lucky to live reasonably close to a MicroCenter.  That is the only tech store that does it right.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

The only tech store near me is like Currys/PC world. They charge like £20 for a 1.5m cable... F**k that, they have one badass monopoly on their hands. 

Wat.

That's awfully close to GTX 970 turf.

Wat.

That's awfully close to GTX 970 turf.

ya ik

OK do you want to go get stuff at Micro Center for me & ship it to me please!  :D

I'm going tonight lol. Taking a look at some cases.

Well I'll take 2 980's while your out, please & thank you!  ;)

You already have two 760s.

That card is decent in SLI.

Yes yes and yes. Unless i traveled to another part of auckland i couldn't have gotten the kit i got. 

No wonder people spend so much money online. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

The nearest Microcenter for me is 8 hours away. I got Fry's 1.5 hours away, but still too far. We used to have Circuit City, but they went bankrupt, now it's a Dick's Sporting Goods.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I bought my 650 from bestbuy for $130. (i had to get a decent gpu asap okay!?)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

i live 25 minutes from microcenter so local stores that sell shitty products are of no problem for me :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

i live 25 minutes from microcenter so local stores that sell shitty products are of no problem for me :P

i live 16 hours from a microcenter :P