Moto 360 users reporting latest update increases battery life by ~40%?

Ren

That's pretty awesome, great to hear that it was just an update that was needed.
Still has that less than satisfactory display though. While not everyone had issues with it, if I did, that would be a massive deal breaker.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

This just became a much more interesting device. I'm going to consider it when I get my bonus.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

People in reddit.com/r/moto360 have been reporting the battery life consistently improving since its release. However, they also have noticed other more concerning issues like LCD "burn in" (technically not, but the effect looks similar) and the back panel of the watch cracking.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

It would be funny if it was actually a bug, and it turned out that the scales shifted, so once you hit 60%, the watch died.

Huh, I will have to pay attention tomorrow and see how the battery life of mine is. Did the update Thursday, but didn't pay attention on Friday and haven't really used it over the weekend. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Still won't beat my Pebble's 5 days.

So you're just reasonable then. What a breath of fresh air. You might be the only person on this forum that likes the Watch but doesn't like their other stuff.

I like the watch, but I wish they would've made circular.

I'm sure Motorola will continue rolling out updates to patch issues, but at the end of the day, they are still using a pretty bad chipset. Who knows, perhaps they can make it work well enough for most people, but personally I'd wait for the second gen version.

WHOOOO WAITING FOR TECH TO GET BETTER

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

I like the watch, but I wish they would've made circular.

But then you see all the compromises Motorola made to get it into that form factor -- bad processor, battery life iffy (maybe no longer) enormous size, very thick...and the annoying little display driver at the bottom of the screen. I feel like digital content is just better displayed on a rectangular surface, but especially in this case your mileage may vary.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I am really interested to see what Moto 360 v2 will be like.  I never buy the first iteration of any tech piece.  Even if its not the first smart watch, its still Motorola's first attempt at a smart watch.  Look at how bad the first surface tablet was.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

But then you see all the compromises Motorola made to get it into that form factor -- bad processor, battery life iffy (maybe no longer) enormous size, very thick...and the annoying little display driver at the bottom of the screen. I feel like digital content is just better displayed on a rectangular surface, but especially in this case your mileage may vary.

But none of those compromises were because of the circular display.

Bad processor? Nothing to do with the display.

Bad battery life? Because of the bad processor.

Enormous size? Pretty sure the circular display isn't much thicker than a normal display.

Little display driver at the bottom? See LG G Watch R.

I am pretty sure you wouldn't have said "I feel like digital content is just better displayed on a rectangular surface" if the Apple Watch had been round...

Back on my list  however they still are heavily overcharging the watch with such an old processor in it. Love their design, hate the specs. Still gonna wait for CES to see what may come up and interest me.

I'm tempted by this again, however I'm still unsure about getting it, as I don't like the screen burn in on it but I don't know how widespread that is.

I'll probably wait for the 2nd gen to come out before I get it, as then it should have a fully circular display, newer SoC and a better display.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I agree with Lawlz here, aside from the bezel near the bottom, those compromises don't have anything to do with the fact that it's circular.

I do agree with the last point though, but for something like Android wear, the difference is, to my mind, negligible.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

This is exciting news. While android wear is very appealing I'm going to wait for the next round of devices.

Nice, now if only the SoC they used wasn't so old and efficient. I'm going to probably get one once it hits the EU though.

Hopefully the second iteration sorts out the SoC's performance, and drastically helps with battery life.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I am pretty sure you wouldn't have said "I feel like digital content is just better displayed on a rectangular surface" if the Apple Watch had been round...

No it's just extremely wide. Not only do I prefer rectangular watches, but yes, I do think that digital content makes more sense on one because that's the way it's always been. The Apple Watch is so much more than just a smart watch that it would seem strange to make it circular in my opinion. It seems like quite a compromise to me to make that little display drive at the bottom so obvious. It's just not for me. Judge me as you want, I've never liked the way it looks. 

Looks are subjective, as you say.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I see where you are coming from.