I'm thinking of getting Dead Rising 3

OriginalPromise
Go to solution Solved by Ryukrieger,

How bad is the performance? The only thing I'm worried about is the performance factor. 

I'm playing on Lowest setting, sometimes it dropped to below 30FPS (although the PC version is capped, anyway, I didn't unlock it because my laptop won't handle it), still playable, though, and it only drops when there are lots of zombies or mass murdering with (but not limited to) fire and explosives, I'd say it still stayed above 20FPS at all time for me.

But this was quite low performance since I even managed to play Watch Dogs! An it was also a bad port at the beginning!

(Note: Future patches may or may not fix it) 

I've heard that it lags like shit, despite it having mediocre graphics.

Should I get it now? 

I have a mid-range PC so I'm debating if I should get this or another game.

Specs are available under my profile.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

I've heard that it lags like shit, despite it having mediocre graphics.

Should I get it now? 

I have a mid-range PC so I'm debating if I should get this or another game.

Specs are available under my profile.

torrent? :D

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I only had one friend that got it, for Xbox, and he sold it a few days later.
Said it was super boring, same type of "go get this" missions over and over again.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It's a very hit or miss game, to me it was not fun to play, but very fun to watch YT vids on. Maybe check out SpeirsTheAmazingHD 's videos on it on youtube and see if it's the right game for you. You should be able to run it decently.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

torrent? :D

That wouldn't be the encouragement of breaking not only the law, but the CoC on these forums, now would it?

Piracy is never an option.

Look up some PC reviews and/or benchmarks, if the don't satisfy you, don't buy it, it's that simple.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

That wouldn't be the encouragement of breaking not only the law, but the CoC on these forums, now would it?

Piracy is never an option.

Look up some PC reviews and/or benchmarks, if the don't satisfy you, don't buy it, it's that simple.

true... Sorry D:

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Obligatory TotalBiscuit post;

PC Report;

Gameplay report;

TotalBiscuit has played the past two iterations of Dead Rising, so he can(and does) give his perspective about the game individually and compared to the original two.

Personally on my semi-mid range PC(7870 and a 3770), the game ran like ass for me, but Watch_Dogs ran great. So like someone else said, it's hit or miss. Best of luck with your decision!

I will buy it cheap, I really liked DR2. Just messing about is great fun.

Off topic: Have you guys heard that DR2 is moving to steam? Every retail copy will be redeemable much like Arkham Assylum and City was.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Didn't like much, but then again I didn't like DR2 either. So maybe this isn't my kind of game.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

The game's current PC performance is unjustifiable, I'm using a laptop Radeon HD 8750M and it does run like arse, too, as another user said.

(Also, look at TotalBiscuit's videos, it'll provide you lots of thoughts and gameplay, my thoughts on the game are somewhat like his)

The game's current PC performance is unjustifiable, I'm using a laptop Radeon HD 8750M and it does run like arse, too, as another user said.

(Also, look at TotalBiscuit's videos, it'll provide you lots of thoughts and gameplay, my thoughts on the game are somewhat like his)

How bad is the performance? The only thing I'm worried about is the performance factor. 

Personally on my semi-mid range PC(7870 and a 3770), the game ran like ass for me, but Watch_Dogs ran great. So like someone else said, it's hit or miss. Best of luck with your decision!

What FPS did you get on Medium settings if you get rid of the 30fps cap?

I have a 7850M/7750 equivalent with a i7-3770T (Underclocked version of 3770)

We have similar specs so I'd well as just ask you :)

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

I'm playing on Lowest setting, sometimes it dropped to below 30FPS (although the PC version is capped, anyway, I didn't unlock it because my laptop won't handle it), still playable, though, and it only drops when there are lots of zombies or mass murdering with (but not limited to) fire and explosives, I'd say it still stayed above 20FPS at all time for me.

But this was quite low performance since I even managed to play Watch Dogs! An it was also a bad port at the beginning!

Exchanged it for Watchdogs. I'm planning to play it soon. :)

Thanks!

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Exchanged it for Watchdogs. I'm planning to play it soon. :)

Thanks!

Well, hopefully it would run well enough for you, if you watched TotalBiscuit's videos, too, which I'm sure you did, then I hope you don't expect cranking the settings on this game.

Well, hopefully it would run well enough for you, if you watched TotalBiscuit's videos, too, which I'm sure you did, then I hope you don't expect cranking the settings on this game.

Eh, I'll be fine with 30fps+ on med-high settings. 

When I bought an AIO, I knew what I was getting. 

This thing is gorgeous though.

Samsung_Series_7_700A3D_35534961_01_620x

#GALAXY

#ATIV

-snip-

That AIO won't make it with lowest@30FPS

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

<image>

Er.... the game is capped at 30FPS without manually unlocking (with no significant impact so far I know)

I have no significant idea on the performance you'll be getting with your AIO, but you won't probably make it high. Medium and below would probably be fine.

That AIO won't make it with lowest@30FPS

Did you even see my specs? 

Er.... the game is capped at 30FPS without manually unlocking (with no significant impact so far I know)

I have no significant idea on the performance you'll be getting with your AIO, but you won't probably make it high. Medium and below would probably be fine.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I exchanged Dead Rising 3 in favor for Watch Dogs. (Returned DR3 and got Watch Dogs instead)

I hit around 40fps on BF4 on Med-High settings with no AA. 

We have similar specs so I'm expecting to get similar performance as your rig :)

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I exchanged Dead Rising 3 in favor for Watch Dogs. (Returned DR3 and got Watch Dogs instead)

I hit around 40fps on BF4 on Med-High settings with no AA. 

We have similar specs so I'm expecting to get similar performance as your rig :)

Oh, oops, I misunderstood what you said, my bad.

I managed Watch Dogs on Medium with TheWorse graphics mod, so I think you'll be satisfied.