pc game like forza ?

Ciano

Frankly, the best semi-sim racing game that I've played on PC is NFS Shift 2 with the Nogripracing mod which tweaks the physics, handling, sound and graphics.

I'm no avid racing fan so perhaps my tastes are weird, but I've had so much fun with it!

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

all my hopes are in Project cars. I would rather blow the same amount of money on my PC than to buy the Xbone for 1 game only

Forza Motorsport only has one real competitor it it's "class".. And that's Gran Turismo..
You can't compare Forza Motorsport or GT to something like Assetto Corsa, other than the fact that both games have cars in them that you race.

Asetto Corsa (Not sure about Project C.A.R.S. yet) is a RACING SIMULATOR. While Assetto Corsa focuses mainly on one aspect: Realism - Forza does not. Forza focuses on being accessible for everyone and therefore compromises ALOT on actual realism.
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1/2 and something like iRacing are "games/simulators" for sim-racers. not so much 'gamers'.
It's a discussion I won't get into - but many within the sim-racing scene regard themselves as sim-racers or hobbyists more than they do 'gamers'. And if you want to race online, or want to be competitive against the AI in any shape or form, you NEED a proper wheel and pedal set, period.

When that is said, Forza and GT offer the whole "upgrade your car". Which is nice and enjoyable, to an extend. 

Project C.A.R.S. is yet to show what it really wants to do.. It can't be everything - My bet is kind of in the middle of the simulators like AC and rFactor and more casual games like Forza and GT.

On a last note: There are alot of racing games/sims to choose from on the PC platform, you will just not find a game identical to FORZA. Though, if you are really into the whole upgrading your car and stuff.. You should try out an old game called "Street Legal Racing: Redline"... It runs like crap, it's buggy as hell, and ALOT of fun. Look it up! :)

PS:.
Grid Autosport is horrible from a physics standpoint.. I don't know why codemasters hang on to the whole "Drift like fucking crazy".. Either way, I don't really think it's an option.. From personal experience, it was a biiig let down for me - I was hoping they would get their act together - Like I'm hoping every year with their next F1 game.. But yea.. That's a big publisher for you.. Money money money money...

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Assetto Corsa because it has a realistic and friendly handling, all the cars are perfectly modeled and made and it's compatible with mods period.

Assetto Corsa is the best racing sim yet!

All I want is a Driving simulator

There are a few games,like original TDU 1, and especiall Forza Horizon1 where I spent countless hours doing nothing, but just driving around. 

For example nowadays I do not really play PC games, as I cannot find something that sucks me in, as my priorities changed. But Forza horizon still gets me, I can play hours and hours with that game, doing nothing, but cruising with my favourite cars... That is the reason why I want Forza horizon 2. Although £320 for a Forza machine is way more than I would shell out :/

i have resiliently converted  to a pc gamer and it is so much better but there is one thing im missing

and its forza Motorsport dose anyone have any suggestions for me ???????

Not a real sim and arcade type play? The Grid games are your best bet. Also Forza is 30 FPS and in a racing game that is pretty much inexcusable. Project Cars is more sim. New Need For Speeds were 30 FPS (sucks) but can be modded to 60. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Not a real sim and arcade type play? The Grid games are your best bet. Also Forza is 30 FPS and in a racing game that is pretty much inexcusable. Project Cars is more sim. New Need For Speeds were 30 FPS (sucks) but can be modded to 60. 

lol, Forza motorsport 4 on the 360 is a 720p 60fps title, Forza Horizon 1 is 720p at 30fps, Forza Motorsport 5 is a 1080p 60fps title, and Forza horizon 2 on the X1 is a 1080p 30fps title. Turn 10 with Forza Motorsport wont allow a FPS lower than 60, but allow Playground games to put Horizon at 30fps.

lol, Forza motorsport 4 on the 360 is a 720p 60fps title, Forza Horizon 1 is 720p at 30fps, Forza Motorsport 5 is a 1080p 60fps title, and Forza horizon 2 on the X1 is a 1080p 30fps title. Turn 10 with Forza Motorsport wont allow a FPS lower than 60, but allow Playground games to put Horizon at 30fps.

but they are fun. Even Horizon. I love that game, no matter the resolution

I was pointing out to Deathjester that only the Horizon titles for Forza run at 30fps, and that the Motorsport versions run at 60fps, not dissing the games. I personally love Forza Motorsport, infact chack for a PM from me in a few moments over that. Forza Horizon 1 though, I hated it. I pre-ordered it, bought it, was hyped up for it, and it was such a let down. The handling physics where dumbed down, using rewind in rivals mode didn't invalidate the lap times, no actual tuning even though it was using Forza 4 as the base, it wasn't as open world as playground games led people to believe either. Lets face it, there was invisible walls everywhere. They talked that game up so much, it should have been like Test drive unlimited with Forza Motorsports physics engine and car list. I am going to be giving Horizon 2 a chance though, but if it turns out the same as the first Horizon, then I will just be sticking to the Motorsports side of things.

After MS used Forza to demo dx12, many were hoping it would launch on PC too but nope. Major trolling by MS, port and demo it on the PC, even stated state that it only took a small team and little time to port.

There are quite a few PC racing games out there but I doubt any of them are like Forza. Doesn't necessarily mean they aren't as good or even better.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Grid Autosport is horrible from a physics standpoint.. I don't know why codemasters hang on to the whole "Drift like fucking crazy".. Either way, I don't really think it's an option.. From personal experience, it was a biiig let down for me - I was hoping they would get their act together - Like I'm hoping every year with their next F1 game.. But yea.. That's a big publisher for you.. Money money money money...

I don't think you played Autosport. Every time my car starts to slide there I know I made a mistake.

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.