how to cut acrylic tubing?

Go to solution Solved by Bosspro1,

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60684-hardline-workshop/

This should tell you every thing you need to know. B)

Well, The best tool would be a pipe cutter, but short of that, just use scissors.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Blow torch?

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Well, The best tool would be a pipe cutter, but short of that, just use scissors.

LOL good luck using scissors for acrylic!

Ideally a circle saw should be used but a careful hacksaw job can do it for acrylic, but you'll probably need some sandpaper as well.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Dude,you cannot cut acrylic with scissors. no offence because I know you may have read it wrong. B) 

Chainsaw

Please dont

Hacksaw and use a file to clean it up

What about using sandpaper?

Because he had a hard drive.

What about using sandpaper?

Yeah that works but either way make sure you clean the tube damn good afterwards

LOL good luck using scissors for acrylic!

Ideally a circle saw should be used but a careful hacksaw job can do it for acrylic, but you'll probably need some sandpaper as well.

Dude,you cannot cut acrylic with scissors. no offence because I know you may have read it wrong. B) 

LOL, sorry guys, yep totally didn't realise that said acrylic.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Dremel works but it makes a huge mess to have to clean up after with sanding (because it melts it) Any high RPM tool will melt it. I used the saw that came in the EK kit and it works wonders! and used 80 grip sand paper (i think it was 80) to clean it up (I also used a file too... only thing about a file is if it slips you might scratch the sides of your tubing...

sand paper you can lay flat on a table and sand it holding the tube

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy