[FIXED] X99 problem

For

Rampage V Extreme, 5820K and DDR4 arrived today.

Put it all together and it won't boot/post.

The asus error code display shows 00 which according to the manual isn't even used for an error code.

The 4 GPU leds are also being weird (the ones next to the PCIe switches) the first one doesn't turn on, the second and third led are always on and the 4th led is blinking (regardless of which slot the GPU is in and even when I leave it out). The only other leds blinking are the BIOS led and the CPU led next to the mobo connector.

I have tried all the different PCIe slots and checked all the cables and connectors. Tried a different GPU but it didn't work either.

Does not appear to be posting without a GPU either. The GPU works fine on my old mobo, so it can't be the GPU. Tried booting without GPU and RAM but still same LED weirdness and 00 error code (no error codes about lack of memory either) tried all 8 slots for the RAM without a GPU and still nothing.

I added the ram to the correct slot (A1 for the R5E the left most slot since I only use one stick of 4GB DDR4)

I made sure the CPU was in the right way and the thermal paste and cooler are on properly.

Does anyone know what it could be?

Flash the BIOS to the latest with USB BIOS flashback and then try it.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

First things first, have you checked all the power supply pins are in? CPU pins, too?

If so, try reseating the CPU. Inspect the socket while you're at it. Check for any broken pins.

I hope it's not your Mobo or CPU that're dead, is there any way you can try a different CPU?

Isnt double zero no cpu detected??

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

updating the UEFI is done by putting a FAT32 usb in the usb-bios flashback port with the CAP file on it and then pressing the button with the power connectors on right?

updating the UEFI is done by putting a FAT32 usb in the usb-bios flashback port with the CAP file on it and then pressing the button with the power connectors on right?

http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/usb_bios_flashback_guide/

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Tried USB BIOS flashback no luck, now it won't even power on (no CPU fan spinning etc.) LEDs still the same but no 00 error anymore.

Tried unplugging the power, tried flashing again and again. No luck.

How long does it usually take to flash it? The LED on the button flashed only 3 times and then it stopped (indicating it's done) does it normally go this fast?

Tried USB BIOS flashback no luck, now it won't even power on (no CPU fan spinning etc.) LEDs still the same but no 00 error anymore.

Tried unplugging the power, tried flashing again and again. No luck.

How long does it usually take to flash it? The LED on the button flashed only 3 times and then it stopped (indicating it's done) does it normally go this fast?

If it doesn't even show the status codes anymore that means something else is wrong with the BIOS now.

I'd say leave it in for a couple minutes just to be safe.

If that doesn't work, I'd just RMA the board.

EDIT: Have you verified your file? AKA download it again and see if they're the same file. Make sure it's for your board. It might be that the file got corrupted in download or you flashed a faulty BIOS file.

Not to imply you did it wrong, just making sure :)

If it doesn't even show the status codes anymore that means something else is wrong with the BIOS now.

I'd say leave it in for a couple minutes just to be safe.

If that doesn't work, I'd just RMA the board.

EDIT: Have you verified your file? AKA download it again and see if they're the same file. Make sure it's for your board. It might be that the file got corrupted in download or you flashed a faulty BIOS file.

Not to imply you did it wrong, just making sure :)

DW always good to be idiot proof (especially in the troubleshooting forum)

Tried downloading again and flashing again and nothing.

Left the USB in for 5 minutes no luck. I can try the slightly older bios for the R5E and I can try using bios 2 if I can figure out how to get it to switch to using bios 2.

DW always good to be idiot proof (especially in the troubleshooting forum)

Tried downloading again and flashing again and nothing.

Left the USB in for 5 minutes no luck. I can try the slightly older bios for the R5E and I can try using bios 2 if I can figure out how to get it to switch to using bios 2.

Praise be to BIOS Switch

BIOS 2 boots fine with no updates whatsoever guess bad chip on BIOS 1

That's weird. You should try RMA on the board anyway, unless you won't need the backup BIOS.

Good thing it's fixed now! I'm glad it's not the CPU.