Post the cheapest pair of earphones you know of

DigitalHermit

Hi there,

I'm planning on getting a gift for my niece... She's always fighting with her sister for the single pair of earphones that they have...

So here's the deal... I need some suggestions on the cheapest, decent sounding pair of earphones that you can give me... I don't care too much about the brand and I can always buy some aftermarket foam to make it more comfortable or sound better...

My niece is still a child so as much as possible, I'd like to give her earbuds instead of in-ears...

Thanks in advance...

-Hermit

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I've seen these at a local store... Will check...

These look nice... Now where to find them...

(I have no way to do online shopping at the moment)

I'm glad to help!

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Please keep posting guys... I'd like to see what choices there are... I'll just be picking out a random one after a short listen...

Check out these AKGs. http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K311--Ear-Artic-Black/dp/B0054L4AR4/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1411545834&sr=8-11&keywords=akg+earbuds
Bought them in Germany in 2010, used them on all my devices until a year ago when they broke, so 3 years of heavy use easy!
Going to be buying them as soon as my Sony earbuds die. Btw they are not in-ear, you can't see in this pic but you can google them. Trust me, this is coming from a guy that hates all in-ear headphones no matter how good they are! :D

Here we go, found a pic:
large_3330296-orig.jpg

Pic don't work man...

Just google the model and switch to images. It works here but it might depend on where you are located. Sorry :(

Just google the model and switch to images. It works here but it might depend on where you are located. Sorry :(

I did... They look awesome! and knowing AKG, I'd bet they're well worth the money...

I did... They look awesome! and knowing AKG, I'd bet they're well worth the money...

They are worth the 14$ for sure. I paid 20e for them in 2010 and best spent 20e ever. When I was buying headphones I went with AKG because of how well the cheap ones performed, ended up getting AKG K512 MK2, superb quality and really comfortable! :)

Well its jot the cheapest i know of but I needed ear phones in a pinch so picked up some jvc gummies for about $11 from a bestbuy. They can go as low as $5 minus the mic.

They're not great for music listening by any means but they come with 3 sizes of ear cups and fit really well. It works perfectly for hands free use with a phone which is what I needed. I wonder how long they'll last before they break.

Well its jot the cheapest i know of but I needed ear phones in a pinch so picked up some jvc gummies for about $11 from a bestbuy. They can go as low as $5 minus the mic. They're not great for music listening by any means but they come with 3 sizes of ear cups and fit really well. It works perfectly for hands free use with a phone which is what I needed. I wonder how long they'll last before they break.

Googled it... Looks like something that my niece would like...

I'll try looking for it next week... Hopefully I can set aside some time to go to the audio shops that I trust...

Googled it... Looks like something that my niece would like...

I'll try looking for it next week... Hopefully I can set aside some time to go to the audio shops that I trust...

Yea sure. if you find a place that sells the jvc gummies, you'll likely have a lot of brands and colors to choose from.

Goodluck with your gift :)

4 dollar fake beats or Sony headphone,surprisingly similar sound as the original

I've seen them being sold from sidewalk vendors here... Unfortunately it's a 95% miss rate so that's out of the question... Also those things tend to break easily which makes it unsuitable for my niece...

Yea sure. if you find a place that sells the jvc gummies, you'll likely have a lot of brands and colors to choose from.

Goodluck with your gift :)

Thanks. ^_^

If you are getting a gift atleast get your niece something nice,a gift is something they will remember all their life so if you buy a cheap earbuds for your niece now....

Where are you?

In my country, cheap ass IEMs could go as low as under $2 (no shit). Of course the sound is the kind that'd make you barf tho...

This is the one I'm using as my everyday IEM:

-http://www.amazon.com/Phrodi-Performance-Dynamic-Earphone-POD-200/dp/B00LGJMKVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411574595&sr=8-1&keywords=phrodi + comply. I use the black/coffee color though.

Or if you want a bit 'tougher' casing, go with Xiaomi Piston, aluminium casing

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Xiaomi-Earphone-Headphone-Smartphone/dp/B00HUNUOJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411574723&sr=8-1&keywords=xiaomi+piston + comply they sounds very good. Just be careful and buy it from a trusted seller. Lots of fakes going around, and the fakes sounds FUBAR....

Two tin cans and some string. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If you are getting a gift atleast get your niece something nice,a gift is something they will remember all their life so if you buy a cheap earbuds for your niece now....

She's a kid so I can't get anything too expensive... Main factors for the purchase are functionality, looks, and durability... As I said in the OP, she's no audiophile, and all she wants is a decent pair that she can call her own...

She's a kid so I can't get anything too expensive... Main factors for the purchase are functionality, looks, and durability... As I said in the OP, she's no audiophile, and all she wants is a decent pair that she can call her own...

That doesn't quite fall in line with "name the cheapest thing you know"  :rolleyes:

Also, NuForce NE-600X master race.