Apple plans to phase out Beats Music brand, report says

dayo26

Haaaaaaa +1 rep point for Apple!

I don't really care if the tech stays the same and they just rebadge existing headphones with a half eaten white fruit for a 100 dollar mark up. The death of that brand is a good thing.

if they got rid of beats in general and stopped people from buying crap 300 headphones theyd really be doing a favor.

if they got rid of beats in general and stopped people from buying crap 300 headphones theyd really be doing a favor.

If apple fixed beats and put real R&D into beats and using better drivers overall. they would be doing the world a favour. Right now overpowering bass=in due to beats

Yes, that's great hate the beats branding as people just buy them even though there are better products on the market.

I thought Tim Cook said in a recent interview that the reason he bought Beats was because of this amazing music streaming service that matches your playlist to certain moods.  Another completely original and totally unique never-seen-before service/function.

No iTunes integration announcement in its wake?

99% its a repost... let me go look for the op

Come on. That's a tad mean. Let the guy have this post of his. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Come on. That's a tad mean. Let the guy have this post of his. :)

Im not being mean, simply pointing out that it may of been a repost.

Cant find it. Don't know if its because it never existed or its 5:27 AM

The headphones will still be shit though. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

They sell well so its surprising, there will be more stuff which follow its legacy of bass and death to mids or highs.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Apple will most likely continue the product line somewhere else...

My theory:

Apple did this since Beats buyers are usually connected to Apple buyers... Since the Beats buyers are usually treated in a negative manner, this also hurts Apple's public image, so they killed the brand to save their name...

But that's just a baseless theory...

P.S.

It appears that the Beats have been dropped.

Im not being mean, simply pointing out that it may of been a repost.

Cant find it. Don't know if its because it never existed or its 5:27 AM

Yeah, well I just believe that you could've said it in a nicer way. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Why didn't they do that as soon as they've acquired it? Beats me.

PUNS

perhaps they hate beats like we do and just wanted to kill it.

maybe they'll acquire monster next.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

But do they sound as good and are they as comfortable as another pair of headphones that are in the same price range. I bet my 558's sound better and are more comfortable and look better then the solo2's.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

But do they sound as good and are they as comfortable as another pair of headphones that are in the same price range. I bet my 558's sound better and are more comfortable and look better then the solo2's.

I have both if you look in my sig. The 558s are different. They are useless in situations where I need to study or in public so there is zero comparison. I can use the solo2s in places where I could never use my 558s. 

He compared the beats solo2s to headphones that cost the same and are also closed. 

Edit: The 558s also don't look better. They're gigantic. 

This review reads like he was paid £50 for every nice sentence about the headphones.

-edit- oops wrong quote.

This review reads like he was paid £50 for every nice sentence about the headphones.

-edit- oops wrong quote.

If I was I would do some crazy ear massaging advert. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I have both if you look in my sig. The 558s are different. They are useless in situations where I need to study or in public so there is zero comparison. I can use the solo2s in places where I could never use my 558s. 

He compared the beats solo2s to headphones that cost the same and are also closed. 

Edit: The 558s also don't look better. They're gigantic. 

There are other headphones in the same price range that are way better then any beats headphone.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

There are other headphones in the same price range that are way better then any beats headphone.

Again Tyll is very well respected in the audiophile community and disagrees with you. He compared them to headphones that cost the same. Including V-modas and Momentums. 

While its obviously personal preference in the end, I'm merely pointing you out for outright calling them "shit" without any knowledge of the headphones aside from internet bias you hear all the time. 

He has real measurements that you can't argue with.