Bootmigr is missing?

MeepLikesToBuildPc's

So. Installed windows, working fine, shut it off for a day.

When I came to turn it on today after I changed the cpu.

Boots up, everything ok, but THEN.

BOOTMGR IS MISSING

I don't get this because windows worked fine and such but now it says BOOTMGR missing?

I didn't touch my hdd's, so that can't be it

I changed the old cpu back but no difference......

What is this?

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

My friend's PC also does this out of the blue sometimes.

He just needs to re-set the default boot drive/manually boot off of it.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Boot repair/Reinstall windows.

Intel Core I7 4770K @ 3.5Ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC to 2163mhz | Asus Z87 Pro LGA 1150 MotherBoard | 16 (2x8) Crucial Ballistix 1600 Mhz RAM | 256gb ADATA Xpg SX900 SSD | WD Black 1TB | NZXT 750 Watt PSU | Phantom 530 White Case | 2x Benq Rl2455HM | K70RGB (First gen) Cherry MX Red

Ok I'll try the boot drive because I have 6 hdd's in my system So maybe it forgot which drive to boot from xD

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Go into the BIOS and make sure it's trying to boot from the drive you installed windows on.

Also, never install windows with more than one drive connected, if it's 7 (idk about 8) then it can put the BOOTMGR stuff on another drive, it's an annoying flaw.

Ok I'll try the boot drive because I have 6 hdd's in my system So maybe it forgot which drive to boot from xD

Try reinstalling, but this time disconnect all drives but the boot drive. 7 was made before multi-HDD rigs became popular, so its installer could shit its pants and put the bootloader on another drive.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Try reinstalling, but this time disconnect all drives but the boot drive. 7 was made before multi-HDD rigs became popular, so its installer could shit its pants and put the bootloader on another drive.

Or just run startup repair with only the install drive connected.

FOUND IT

It's tryin to boot from a sea gate hdd but windows is on a WD drive......

But how can I change hdd boot order because it's only giving me the choice of floppy did or the seagate

FOUND IT

It's tryin to boot from a sea gate hdd but windows is on a WD drive......

But how can I change hdd boot order because it's only giving me the choice of floppy did or the seagate

Are you looking at the boot override menu or the startup selector? all drives should appear in the actual boot order menu.

Booting from the Windows Installation DVD

We’ve developed a one-click boot recovery and repair CD for Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. The disk also supports Windows XP and Windows Server editions. If you can’t get these instructions to work for you, don’t have a Windows setup CD/DVD, are worried something might go wrong, or are just looking for a safe & reliable way of fixing your boot problems with just a single click,download a copy of our Windows recovery CDs (Easy Recovery Essentials for Windows) and use it to get your PC back up and running in five minutes.

Install-Now-300x225.png

Select “Repair your computer” to continue.

Put your Windows setup DVD or your System Repair Disc in the drive and restart your PC. Assuming you’ve properly configured your BIOS to boot from CDs/DVDs before hard drives (or you can press F12 if your PC supports it to boot from the CD), you should get a prompt asking you to “Press any key to boot from the CD/DVD…

Press a key, and the CD will begin to load. If you are using your Windows Installation CD, you’ll see a dialog asking you want to Install Now, or in the lower left corner, an option to “Repair your Computer,” which you’ll want to click. If you’re using our recovery CDs, just go on to the next section. If you’re having problems booting from the CD, see our guides on creating a bootable CD and setting up your PC to boot from the CD-ROM drive.

After selecting your language, the recovery CD will scan for operating systems on your drive. Select the operating system to repair from the list displayed on the screen, then press next to continue. Depending on which version of the CD you’re using, you’ll see a welcome screen like the ones below:

Recovery%20Essentials.png System-Recovery-Options-300x223.png

Manually Repairing the Windows Bootloader

Desperate times call for desperate measures. This time, we’re going to select the “Launch command prompt” option and try to manually tell the Recovery Console what needs to be fixed. Chances are, this is as far as you’ll have to go; hopefully it’ll get the job done.

Go ahead and select “Command Prompt” from that list, and you should get a window not dis-similar to the one you see when run cmd.exe from Windows.

Let’s start by telling the recovery console to fix our MBR and bootsectors:

bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force

Then ask it (nicely!) to try and rebuild your BCD data from scratch:

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

If you’re lucky, this’ll work and you’ll see a message telling you everything went OK. Reboot your PC and try booting back into Windows to see if it worked. Don’t forget to remove your Windows Vista DVD or Recovery DVD from the drive, or you’ll end back in the repair center!

Yay!! It works!! It boots!!!

But now I get a bsod....

There is something wrong with the graphics driver......

I'll post another topic about that later...

Go into the BIOS and make sure it's trying to boot from the drive you installed windows on.

Also, never install windows with more than one drive connected, if it's 7 (idk about 8) then it can put the BOOTMGR stuff on another drive, it's an annoying flaw.

ASKEW? ARE YOU... BACK?

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2