Samsung hopes to bring budget Tizen devices out by november - in India

LukaP

http://www.dailytech.com/Samsung+Hopes+to+Launch+Budget+Tizen+Device+in+India+by+November/article36578.htm

...plans were dealt a serious setback last month when Samsung scrapped plans to launch the Samsung Z, a "decent premium device" whose highlight was a speedy Intel Atom mobile processor.  The phone had been expected to launch in Russia at a Moscow press event in July, but Samsung announced an embarrassing no-show at the last moment. 
Tizen insiders had reported at the time that the Samsung Z (SM-Z910F) was being ditched in favor of plans to develop a pair of budget devices -- the SM-Z130H and SM-130E.  It's unclear which device is launching in two months.

Well seems like Tizen is back on track, albeit in a slightly less powerful phone

We started late [in the Indian market], but we are very focused. We are not shooting in the wild. This is a game that has to be led by the device manufacturer and not the pipe (telecom operators). 

We have a few more (offerings) in the pipeline over the next couple of weeks.  [One is a new Tizen device.]  It will coexist with the Android devices.  We do both creation and curation of content for [our devices]. 

Really nice to see intel and samsung going up against the giant that is android. if they make a compelling OS, and get developer support for apps, they could have me switched

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

it seems samsung is the only one pushing it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I don't' think it'll be an easy job of converting Android users over... it's going to take more-or-less an explosion of support to get it to a competitive level.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

On the desktop OS market we have 3 main competitors, OSX, Windows and Linux, that is enough fragmentation. On the mobile OS side we already have more then the iOS, WP and Android, we also have Blackberry (becoming more of business OS but still) and the upcoming Ubuntu OS. As good (or bad) as Tizen may be I don't want even more fragmentation and less compatibility. So either everyone needs to switch to Tizen from Android (since WP and iOS won't go anywhere) or Tizen just needs to die off. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

it seems samsung is the only one pushing it

Well...Tizen is made out of Samsung,Intel and Tizen.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Well...Tizen is made out of Samsung,Intel and Tizen.

yeah i know but what i meant no one is really making devices for it

a few month ago huawei just out right refused to do anything with tizen saying "Tizen has no chance of success"

and seriously intel has very deep pockets that it jump on ANY mobile OS

remember MeeGo :|

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.