LG 34UC97

Any idea what the warranty length on this monitor is?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Any idea what the warranty length on this monitor is?

I'd assume the same 3 years that the 34UM95 has 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'd assume the same 3 years that the 34UM95 has

34UM95 is only 1 year parts & labor. If i'm going to drop a grand on a monitor, I better be getting a 3 year warranty. Especially with such bad backlight bleeding.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

34UM95 is only 1 year parts & labor. If i'm going to drop a grand on a monitor, I better be getting a 3 year warranty. Especially with such bad backlight bleeding.

I literally just checked Newegg and saw a 3......I think I need some sleep. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I literally just checked Newegg and saw a 3......I think I need some sleep.

ahh there are two models, 34UM95 and 34UM95-P. They both cost the same, except the P model comes with a 3 year warranty.

ahh there are two models, 34UM95 and 34UM95-P. They both cost the same, except the P model comes with a 3 year warranty.

Ahh, so im not crazy. Good. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

so since linus already reviewed this monitor, can we at least assume its going to be released soon?

This is available after Sept 24th from Korea at the low low price of $1499.99USD with free shipping....  bah.  I hate how awesome stuff is out of my price range

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1rd3ttx

Amazon: http://geni.us/3qTy

LG's new 34UC97 is essentially a curved version of their 34UM95, a monitor that Linus uses on a daily basis at work. He LOVES the UM95, but does the curve of the UC97 make it an even better choice?

I can't find this thing for sale anywhere. amazon, newegg, NCIX either have nothing to display or they have the flat versions. 

I'd actually rather get the "old" 34UM97 and make a slight curve to it the ghetto way only to get the VESA mount.

something

The link for Amazon is for the 95, not the 97.

The search term is the 97 - it is probably just showing the 95 as that is actually available in your region, whereas the 97 is not yet.

If it is actually showing up as the 34UM95 in the search term for you please let me know!

Great video, Linus!  You've definitely put a 34 inch, 21:9, 1440 monitor on my wish list!

Going forward, can you and Luke please be sure to include benchmarks for these monitors in your video card reviews?  I'd like to know if I can get away with a single 970 driving one of these bad boys, etc.

I like my monitors just how I like my women, curvy and sexy... I wish I could afford one, EU guys will know my pain when it comes to prices here.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I'm glad this review spanned all spectrums of his audience as I belong in all of those groups, at least for this particular product. I want to use this for professional work, gaming, movies, and daily use and if you've watched the whole thing he pretty much covered all possible users. Please keep up this span of inclusion for products where many are involved, not just us enthusiast and certainly not just the mainstream crowd.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Does anyone know if the 34UC87 will be available world wide and if it has the same release date.

I think PC's are the most appropriate use of curved monitors. This thing is incredibly sexy and I want it.

Will you guys make an office tour of the watercool setup? That would be a great video!

The search term is the 97 - it is probably just showing the 95 as that is actually available in your region, whereas the 97 is not yet.

If it is actually showing up as the 34UM95 in the search term for you please let me know!

Ah, that makes since. Sorry, still relatively new to the whole tech enthusiast club.

PC: Ryzen 2600X, EVGA 1080 DT, Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 5 WiFi, Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold, Phanteks  Enthoo EVOLV ATX

Peripherals: Logitech G502 HERO, Cooler Master ML510, Corsair K68 Cherry MX Red, Dell S2417DG YNY1D 24" 165HZ G-Sync 1440p, Acer XF251Q, 

Audio: AKG K7XX, JBL SLR308 MKI, Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen), Sony MDR-7506, Shure SE-215, Audio-Technica AT2020
Server: Dell Poweredge T420 running ESXi, Hosting Plex and Automation services and misc. game servers; 2x Xeon E5-2400, 32GB ECC Memory, ~40TB Storage (Mix of SSDs and HDDs)
Network: Asus RT-AC3100 (Current), Supermicro running pfsense, 10/100/1000/10000 Netgear Switch

Great video, Linus!  You've definitely put a 34 inch, 21:9, 1440 monitor on my wish list!

Going forward, can you and Luke please be sure to include benchmarks for these monitors in your video card reviews?  I'd like to know if I can get away with a single 970 driving one of these bad boys, etc.

I'm a little curious as well as to the type of video card(s?) you want to be running to game on a bad boy like this.

@LinusTech

SWEG SWEG SWEG GAMERBLING SWEG SWEG

/jk here is a heart <3

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Is a review of the 4k acer gsync monitor coming?

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB