Oh, look who is here again. The guy who knows everything, but doesn want to tell me (or ask me).

Please, name those "other issues that makes it impossible to use as game tech as well"

An explanation would be nice too... :)

I should start yelling in caps right now.

Its freaking scanned, thats why its artifacts. Laser scan. I allready explained artifacts.

You would see similar if you looked at laser scanned mesh ( 3d polygons ) Things like random flying parts and peaces. Bad lighting and different colors. Too thin / transparent stuff not properly scanned. Etc...

Also, this is 2000x2000. Media got 8k ( i think, not 100% sure) vids. And yotuube make horrible compression also.

I already mentioned it earlier. How are you going to animate these environments? How are you going to handle dynamic lighting?

I already mentioned it earlier. How are you going to animate these environments? How are you going to handle dynamic lighting?

neither is impossible. Animations could be done via keyframes and lighting could be done via ray/path tracing.

neither is impossible. Animations could be done via keyframes and lighting could be done via ray/path tracing.

But is avoiding the ray tracing and similar things not the entire point of this?

But is avoiding the ray tracing and similar things not the entire point of this?

Not only that, but wouldn't that be extremely computational heavy? I mean, with "unlimited detail" you would have to compute that for every single stone in the gravel, multiple times (one for each bounce). Wouldn't that bring any high end computer down on its knees, and they are claiming their demo could run on the CPU alone (with multiple shades of shadows).

Not only that, but wouldn't that be extremely computational heavy? I mean, with "unlimited detail" you would have to compute that for every single stone in the gravel, multiple times (one for each bounce). Wouldn't that bring any high end computer down on its knees, and they are claiming their demo could run on the CPU alone (with multiple shades of shadows).

LOD would help this and their secret sauce search algorithm.

He got skeletal animation done ages ago ( literally ), for lighting i allready shower video that i allready posted it works fine. Just need some polishing.

Idk what sorcery they will use for lighting and bouncing light. Since whole scene is not rendered. ( i am way over my level of knowledge over here btw )

Nah, ray tracing is like super heavy on gpu, anyone who is gaming on iGPU and cant afford high end gpu will kiss the dirt. Maybe in future.

small update :D scroll down

Sorry, i am lazy so i just multiquote.

Skyrim 2, Anyone? :D Yes, this is just demo of solidscan. But you have something to bite into and maybe complain about haha. I will make another post when they release more info, they will release more info with interview in short time.

What are your thoughts? I think this is ... absolutelly crazy awesome.

Looks great, 3d artists and texture artists could improve these scans to make them perfect to use in games.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Skyrim 2, Anyone? :D Yes, this is just demo of solidscan. But you have something to bite into and maybe complain about haha. I will make another post when they release more info, they will release more info with interview in short time.

Now this is a much better presentation of the technology. However I am still waiting for a demo we can run, even if it's bad, choppy, no animation, I just wanna run it on my own PC for the sake of seeing it run. :)

The detail and accuracy are very impressive, but it seems that by the nature of how this works the lighting is necessarily "baked"... So I am not sure how it would work for games. I will keep an eye on it to see where it goes...

The detail and accuracy are very impressive, but it seems that by the nature of how this works the lighting is necessarily "baked"... So I am not sure how it would work for games. I will keep an eye on it to see where it goes...

I think that the world scans alone with some improved textures and final touches + Unreal Engine 4 lighting would look insane.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbMpqqCCrFQ

Ugh, E3 demo! NOW I'm skeptical. I honestly don't know why people think slow panning cameras can qualify for any human movement, it's just so fake.

Anyway, it would be interested to see real development toward this but I get so put of by this bad PRBS.

Now this is a much better presentation of the technology. However I am still waiting for a demo we can run, even if it's bad, choppy, no animation, I just wanna run it on my own PC for the sake of seeing it run. :)

Still there is a ton of fucked up edges and you can still not animate it and have dynamic lighting. This is not game tech.

its almost impossible not to have baked lighting and shadows. but if its scanned in studio, then its cool.

for games, i doubt they will just scan environment in. if they did, they would need some serious lighting and perfect conditions. and even then you have to edit. idk.

Still there is a ton of fucked up edges and you can maybe still not animate it and have proper dynamic lighting. This is probably not game tech.

Fixed so you dont sound so sure :D

Edges are either from : being too big pixels, being to close to pixels or ( in our case ) scan artifact (not scanned surfaces-from all angles-, too far from object or smaller detail, reflective surface, scanner limitations etc...). Those rough corners are not part of euclideon algorithm. And this is supposed to be demo for solid scan, not game assets.

This is the last time I am posting this. Go to 31:43

Skeletal animation was there from a start, 10 years ago when he was loner. ( around 8:40)

And if i have to once more explain to you, things that normal intelligent human being would figure out himself, or at least multiple times after i explain you can go

Sandbox-Monkey-Foraging-Toy1.jpg

its almost impossible not to have baked lighting and shadows. but if its scanned in studio, then its cool.

for games, i doubt they will just scan environment in. if they did, they would need some serious lighting and perfect conditions. and even then you have to edit. idk.

Fixed so you dont sound so sure :D

Edges are either from : being too big pixels, being to close to pixels or ( in our case ) scan artifact (not scanned surfaces-from all angles-, too far from object or smaller detail, reflective surface, scanner limitations etc...). Those rough corners are not part of euclideon algorithm. And this is supposed to be demo for solid scan, not game assets.

Why are you so desperately defending them? I don't care why there are rugged edges, artifacts or what ever else, I only care about the fact that they're there. You don't get where I'm coming from I can clearly see that. Instead of trying to make an excuse for why the faults are there you (they) should fix them. I'm telling you some of the enormous problems they have to overcome for this to ever become game tech and you dismiss them straight away for no reason what so ever. Dynamic lighting supposedly possible to implement if you scan the environments at a time where the lighting is completely flat or somehow find a way to accurately stick together several scans to eleminate lighting conditions. Even then you will have to use ray tracing for the lighting which was one of the things they tried to eliminate in the first place. On top of that animating stuff like grass, leaves etc completely destroys the purpose of using this technique.

The OP video is so cringeworthy...

The first time I saw it was embedded at 360p on a TN panel and it was so very obvious that the 'real world footage' was computer generated.

Who believes this garbage? People who have money to invest in tech, but not enough to buy glasses to fix their horrible vision?

Why are you so desperately defending them? Cus people watched "euclideon is a hoax" and now they are zombies.

I don't care why there are rugged edges, artifacts or what ever else, I only care about the fact that they're there. You don't get where I'm coming from I can clearly see that. Instead of trying to make an excuse for why the faults are there you (they) should fix them. I'm telling you some of the enormous problems they have to overcome for this to ever become game tech and you dismiss them straight away for no reason what so ever.

This is scanning problem, it has nothing to do with rendering points OR gaming.  You have incredibly flawed knowledge even in basics and logic also -_-This engine is just for running little points, they just use scanning for geospatial industry and because its easiest way to get really high quality model in short time. And its realistic.

This is just demo for solidscan.

Name those "Enormous problems". Please. Thanks.

Dynamic lighting supposedly possible to implement if you scan the environments at a time where the lighting is completely flat or somehow find a way to accurately stick together several scans to eleminate lighting conditions. Dynamic lighting has nothing to do with prebaked light and they dont cancel eachother out. And this engine is not dependant on scans. Games right now dont eve use that. Its not the only way of making models. Duh.   Even then you will have to use ray tracing for the lighting (Really? Why? No you dont. And dynamic lighting works for any object. Shown in the demo.) which was one of the things they tried to eliminate in the first place. (eliminate? You mean avoid. They never had it. If they had it, they would have to run some serious gpu horsepower. And its most inneficient way of doing lighting. Nvidia proved that with their demo. Yes, it looks real, but its just waayyy to taxing,.)

9d1632e814b1421659bb737660c595ca617ef592

Just to remind you, I want to hear those enormous problems.

The OP video is so cringeworthy...

The first time I saw it was embedded at 360p on a TN panel and it was so very obvious that the 'real world footage' was computer generated.

Who believes this garbage? People who have money to invest in tech, but not enough to buy glasses to fix their horrible vision?

I guess people with much more knowledge than you who actually pay and use this tech and cuple tens of millions of turnaround in a year company...

:D

Why are you so desperately defending them? I don't care why there are rugged edges, artifacts or what ever else, I only care about the fact that they're there. You don't get where I'm coming from I can clearly see that. Instead of trying to make an excuse for why the faults are there you (they) should fix them. I'm telling you some of the enormous problems they have to overcome for this to ever become game tech and you dismiss them straight away for no reason what so ever. Dynamic lighting supposedly possible to implement if you scan the environments at a time where the lighting is completely flat or somehow find a way to accurately stick together several scans to eleminate lighting conditions. Even then you will have to use ray tracing for the lighting which was one of the things they tried to eliminate in the first place. On top of that animating stuff like grass, leaves etc completely destroys the purpose of using this technique.

The tech has no issues at all  those scanning artifacts are there because they aren't game artists.

Scanning gets already used in games there is no issue with the tech if done right.

And due to the fact that you save resources on the static objects you can make the dynamic objects far more detailed and push for better lighting,smoke effects ect.

RTX2070OC 

Just to remind you, I want to hear those enormous problems.

Seriously, how fucking daft are you? The two major problems I just pointed out to you, and there is NO dynamic lighting in the demo, there is only static lighting. I'm done here, have a nice life.