It's an interesting tech. Been following it's progress from start and I'm curious how it will go in future.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Also @Manny Calavera, holy crap dude are you like their PR guy's tea boy or something, chill out man :/

Oh thanks for quoting me, lol totally forgot, now i have 5 comments to reply to xD

Why do i do it? People think its scam (thanks to notch, carmack, the dood with "Euclideon is a hoax" video), but they dont do research or rational thinking. I am trying to put forward evidence here.

I knew here will erupt "hoax" comments from the start.. Now everyone have their interpretation also so i have to try to explain everything from start xD

Ugh, here we go...

The thing is there can't be dynamic lightning. That would require render farms or very high-end pc's. I like what they are doing and all, but it's all predetermined lightning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=j5vbLmH8YS0#t=1927

What artifacts? Every single one of them. It doesn't matter what nature they are of, be it f'ed up lighting, jagged edges or what ever.

My fanboy glasses prevent me from seeing "what ever" in the picture. Tell me what is "what ever"...

:D

Since you mention...

Lighting can be baked in scans yes, also reflections, transparent surfaces fk up. Light also appears much brighter, you can see in video where in church scan there is mostly dark and spotlights are very bright.

Jagged edges are result of either; unscanned surfaces ( for example when you look at that grail or whatever is that, you can see back side of squares of pixels on other side, then if you zoom in enough, if pixels(euclideon 3d pixels) are bigger for whatever reason ( low res scan or lower "poly count" - point count ), or lose from conversion ( it has to be converted to point cloud, but its pretty fast, they can do it on the fly on a laptop). The scanned pixels of solid scan are squares.

They scan from different sides, so you get 3d image. Its not possible to go around all things obviously. They use the solid scan as seen on video. It depends from what angle and how far away was it scanned, then if you zoom in elsewhere you will see missing stuff also.

There is improvement. Solid scan is. Before in scanned city you would see like missing space between "atoms".

They are working hard man :D just because they dont want to show us yet, doesnt mean they are not working.

They are claiming that it can run on the CPU alone (or at least they did in ~2011). That was at 64 atoms per square mm, which is A LOT.

So if their claims are true, you will be able to run a game with "unlimited detail" on for example an i3, no dedicated GPU needed.

i3? ugh, probably not since AAA games use i3s allredy now to pretty high load. So i5 should be standard for gaming even now.

Maybe for simple games.

The demo 20 fps on low res they shower was unoptimized. So id say, - and that is very conservative - 20 fps 1080p minimum is what we can expect.

Why on earth would you want to make a game with this technology?

Because its real as it can get. Or unreal as you want to make it. Because it runs no problem on cpu. Because its detailed and fast. Because its amazing?

Games aren't all about how beautiful it looks (as we all know already); it takes mechanics and narrative that have to be carefully crafted in conjunction with the game world itself to make it a complete package. You can't just scan an area and expect it to work; everything has to have a meaning and a purpose that makes sense within the context of the game in order to immerse the player. Otherwise you have a glorified tech demo...

So are you saying you cant have "mechanics and narrative that have to be carefully crafted in conjunction with the game world itself to make it a complete package" "everything has to have a meaning and a purpose that makes sense within the context of the game in order to immerse the player" AND euclideon tech togheter? :PTheese go togheter well, its all about immersion.

You dont need to scan if you dont want. You can make really high poly and convert.

also, idk why i am replying to blabbering... its like machine that spits random words out. no rationality.

"Otherwise you have a glorified tech demo..."

i wont even reply to that... stupidity at its finest.

You are basicly saying similar as (some) die hard console gamers say: "why would you play game on PC if you can play it on underpowered xbox, graphics dont matter". its the same and it amazes me that people dont realize how irational they are.

If it was such revolutionary technology that is able create infinitely detailed images with our current technology, some company down under no one knows a fuck about would not be the only company working on it. Disney would have bought the state they live in let alone the company if what they promised was real.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

If it was such revolutionary technology that is able create infinitely detailed images with our current technology, some company down under no one knows a fuck about would not be the only company working on it. Disney would have bought the state they live in let alone the company if what they promised was real.

35235059.jpg

35235059.jpg

That was already apparent from the way you act.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Why on earth would you want to make a game with this technology?

Games aren't all about how beautiful it looks (as we all know already); it takes mechanics and narrative that have to be carefully crafted in conjunction with the game world itself to make it a complete package. You can't just scan an area and expect it to work; everything has to have a meaning and a purpose that makes sense within the context of the game in order to immerse the player. Otherwise you have a glorified tech demo...

Also @Manny Calavera, holy crap dude are you like their PR guy's tea boy or something, chill out man :/

But atoms, bro... The real world is atoms and games aren't atoms so games are therefore shite. GET MORE ATOMS.

This guy talks about atoms the way David Cage talks about emotions.

I may be incredibly arrogant and i insult lot too, but your post doesnt make sence.

If you dont use your brain to make coherent sentences at least read it again before you post it. That is also for anyone who want to post here in future. You can ask me stuff but dont shitpost.

Are they asking for your money? No...

Why don't you people just wait and see...if it turns out complete crap or bs, then you're free to whine about it..

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Are they asking for your money? Not yet... *             *Fixed :D

Why don't you people just wait and see...if it turns out complete crap or bs, then you're free to whine about it..

No worries they will release demo before they ask for your money :D And they will get your money one way or another too xD

I may be incredibly arrogant and i insult lot too, but your post doesnt make sence.

If you dont use your brain to make coherent sentences at least read it again before you post it. That is also for anyone who want to post here in future. You can ask me stuff but dont shitpost.

Hey, this is the second time you wrote exactly what I think of you!

Wow.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Hey, this is the second time you wrote exactly what I think of you!

Okay then.... then care to explain your original post?

Claims about:

- disney would bought them (lol)

- they wouldnt be only company if it was so good (such logic)

Do i really have to argue* every kid that comes here and shitpost?

Okay then.... then care to explain your original post?

Claims about:

- disney would bought them (lol)

- they wouldnt be only company if it was so good (such logic)

Do i really have to fight every kid that comes here and shitpost?

My first post makes sense, you might be too dumb to figure it out and I can't do anything about that. I refuse to talk to you any longer because you are nothing but a fanboy.

Are they asking for your money? No...

Well they are asking for money (or at least telling people that they can invest), and they have already received several millions of dollars from the Australian government (over 4 years ago).

No worries they will release demo before they ask for your money :D And they will get your money one way or another too xD

not-funny-serious-face-05.jpg

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

My first post makes sense, you might be too dumb to figure it out and I can't do anything about that. I refuse to talk to you any longer because you are nothing but a fanboy.

So, saying that you are right- makes you right? Sorry, but you have to explain your view. I made it incredibly simple for you, and you dont want to talk to me.

I can disgard any claim without evidence and explanation without proving it wrong :)

-snip-

I was just stating a (not funny?Ok.) fact. Wouldnt you pay money for this tech, a game that they might release?

You would and you will :D Even the most Biased haters will just pour money into realistic games. Still no funny? Ok : /

Fact is, if they fulfill expectations, they will become billion dollar company.

I was just stating a (not funny?Ok.) fact. Wouldnt you pay money for this tech, a game that they might release?

You would and you will :D Even the most Biased haters will just pour money into realistic games. Still no funny? Ok : /

Fact is, if they fulfill expectations, they will become billion dollar company.

I'll give them money if they show that it works.

You gave me the impression that you just thought this whole thing was going to be a scam.

These guys are making some noise in the 3d geo mapping industry, and if they say they found a way to use this in games, i'm all ears.

It's great that everyone is skeptic, so am i, but i'm going to wait and see what they claim to have achieved.

Guys... Guys... Rather than being a hater, let just marvel of the possibilities of the tech when they started applying it in games.
It's true that they work seems rather slow but i think that is justified, i don't know if i remember correctly but at some point i've read or heard it from videos that Maxwell architecture from Nvidia was 4 years in the making until they released it, that is old, professional and rich company. This is just some kinda startup company.

Anyway, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclideon
There i saw that Australian Government grant them $2 Million, i think it add some points to their credibility.

Anyway, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclideon

There i saw that Australian Government grant them $2 Million, i think it add some points to their credibility.

True, they got enough money to stand on their own feet at least until they release sdk  for games.

And if you read a little bit further you would see that they are licencing their tech to other companies.

"On September 30, 2013 - Merrick & Company's (a $116 million geospatial solutions, surveying, engineering, architecture, and design-build firm) Geospatial Solutions (GSS) group has announced that it has signed an agreement with Euclideon to distribute the Geoverse software product line.[17]

In July 2013 - the Austrian company Meixner Imaging GmbH, part of Meixner Group - one of the leading European geospatial companies, have signed an agreement that appoints Meixner as the premium distributor for Geoverse software. Meixner is currently developing Euclideons global dealers network."

Source: Wikipedia.com

So its not like million dollar companies are selling snake oil xD

That out of the way ( i hope ), we can say that games will become much more diverse. Imagine skyrim with similar graphics like this ( but withouth glitches )

7Sox9NM.jpg

Well they are asking for money (or at least telling people that they can invest), and they have already received several millions of dollars from the Australian government (over 4 years ago).

Well it seems things are going well for them, legitimate business, technology that works for their particular application right now. I don't see why they would attempt to ruin their reputation with snake oil.

Like i said, wait and see.

@Manny Calavera

Apply burn heal carefully and evenly on wound.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

7Sox9NM.jpg

Is it just me who thinks that looks horrible and not realistic at all? Look at all the artifacts!

Is it just me who thinks that looks horrible and not realistic at all? Look at all the artifacts!

Not at all, I totally agree. There's a few other issues that makes it impossible to use as game tech as well.

Not at all, I totally agree. There's a few other issues that makes it impossible to use as game tech as well.

Oh, look who is here again. The guy who knows everything, but doesn want to tell me (or ask me).

Please, name those "other issues that makes it impossible to use as game tech as well"

An explanation would be nice too... :)

I should start yelling in caps right now.

Its freaking scanned, thats why its artifacts. Laser scan. I allready explained artifacts.

You would see similar if you looked at laser scanned mesh ( 3d polygons ) Things like random flying parts and peaces. Bad lighting and different colors. Too thin / transparent stuff not properly scanned. Etc...

Also, this is 2000x2000. Media got 8k ( i think, not 100% sure) vids. And yotuube make horrible compression also.