Google 2.0? Looks like they really are trying to take over the world!

bob345

i wouldnt mind at all, let's all prepare for our divine our mighty google ISP overlods to arrive.

to the devil with gabeN if not everybody can have proper webspeeds.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

It can't come fast enough IMO.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I find it fascinating that when a corporation acts like a corporation of old (for profit only, actively being selfish and considering no projects they see a large profit in) no one bats an eye, yet when a corp like Google acts benevolently, thinks of the greater good and invests in our future rather than their own people freak out and assume they are trying to take over the world. What is amazing is that there is actually very little evidence of that and as corps go Google is one of the better ones, possibly even one of the best out there. They actively fight governments on user rights, they invest in projects for the good of the future (fiber is just once example) and treat their staff amazingly well amount other things, yet there is a mounting group of people who are anti-Google which is baffling me because when I ask why the response is conspiracy theories and examples which Google has been open about. 

Yet we look at the Monsanto, Kock brothers, Haliburton and many more we just shrug and say, well what do you expect, they are a corporation. Baffling to me, really is.

PS: Not a major Google Fan boy btw, I like them but like others I am watching for concrete signs of them turning to the Dark side

Everybody knows what they are getting into when they use Google, they hoard user data, and then use that data to sell targeted adverts. That's their core business model. It's not a "conspiracy theory", for some people it brings up genuine concerns about privacy and surveillance. While Google make some awesome innovative technology, if they apply the same model to all their future business adventures, it just exacerbates those concerns. 

I guess it depends on where you stand on the NSA / GCHQ debate, if you're one of those "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" kinds of people. Then it's obviously not going to be an issue for you.