NEED GTX 980 NOW!

CostcoSamples

Based on the low power consumption rumors, is it reasonable to assume that Nvidia is saving a big chunk of horsepower for a high end Titan successor, or a Ti version?  I mean, if they can get their 15% performance boost with a TDP down to 180 watts, what if they cranked up the clock speeds to get TDP up around 250 watts?  

I'm no GPU designer, but it sounds like a marketing strategy to give them more room for more frequent updates in 6 months or whatever.  Instead of releasing one product line every 12 to 18 months, they release a nerfed next-gen card, then slowly un-nerf it.

It's not about clockspeed altogether, plus you'll get to a point whereby the volts you'd have to put through will kill the GPU quicker.

It's not all about keeping temps reasonable. When I got my Q6700 to 4.00GHz at 1.7V, my temps were fine. I can't do 4.00GHz even at 1.86V now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Looking very forward to the release! As my GTX 260 just passed away.

Hopefully it'll be really expensive so nobody buys it and NVIDIA  GTX cards can become 'enthusiast' and rare and cool.

Since you clearly hate light hearted jokes I would suggest you go with option 4 on the original poll.

I did, It is more sensable than being a close to mindless fanboy.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I'm filled with glee. Still, I'll wait for the non reference cards. Plus, being an early adopter has far too many negatives to warrant spending such a premium.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

TBH, I'm more excited at what AMD will have to pull out of the hat to counter the Maxwell. I hope they do, no-one likes price monopolies. (I'm looking at you Intel.)

I'm looking forward to the release as I am currently using intel HD 4600!

Either I will get the 900 series or 700 series.

The poll is missing too many options though.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I really like them, I cannot really compare them to the Noctua's since I dont have any 140mm Noctua's.

They move a lot of air and as long as you keep the RPM's reasonable they are very quiet.

yea I've heard of that but never been able to confirm it

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

yea I've heard of that but never been able to confirm it

I just couldn't bring myself to put the tan and brown Noctua's into an almost all black system. 

This was before the release of the Noctua industrial fans.

The Spectre Pro's are PWM with fluid dynamic bearings, I like them. They are probably not the top performing fan on the market, but they fit in my build well. :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Buying new cards day one is stupid, you pay more than you would by just waiting a couple of weeks. Plus you don't get to see if people have had any problems with them that you should know about.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm thinking the best time to upgrade will actually be around December/January, after all the new stuff is released and all the old 700 series and r9 200 series is cleared out.  then we'll see prices coming down on the new stuff.  Wait and see is the name of the game...

It drops in price sure, but it only drops so far, and it's not as far as people, particularly on here make it out to be

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM