NEED GTX 980 NOW!

CostcoSamples

Another nvidiot here trying to claim nvidia is better cause of less heat LOL. Sorry but the 295x2 is a great card and nothing you try and claim will change that. Can;t handle the heat get out of the kitchen these are big boy GPUs.

Name calling. Very mature.

I dont think anyone has said Nvidia is better, and I have openly admitted that the 295 is a great card. Some people have different desires from their GPU purchase. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

3. Not everybody has the same case.

4. iMad @ Nvidia. They COULD have created a way better card, but they most likely didn't just because they thought of their pockets being more important than creating a true worthy card (with which they would most likely even still make as much - better card = more sales)

Exactly, why it is unwise to blindly offer the 295 as the be all end all solution. :)

I agree that Nvidia probably could have created a much better card. But I will not speculate as to why they didnt.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Exactly, why it is unwise to blindly offer the 295 as the be all end all solution. :)

I agree that Nvidia probably could have created a much better card. But I will not speculate as to why they didnt.

"nvignorance" !

"nvignorance" !

I used an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU for years, I guess I am not sure how I classify as an Nvidia fanboy...

Your a very open minded fellow aren't you? lol

Care to share with us what is in your system? I noticed you have not put it in your profile.

New case B)

New case B)

I rather like my 350D. I will probably keep it for a while. :)

I rather like my 350D. I will probably keep it for a while. :)

how small is it as it is hard to surmise from the photos

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

how small is it as it is hard to surmise from the photos

I really didnt want a system that would take up a ton of room on my desk, and I really like how it looks.

I am very happy with it, although I wish it came with a top dust filter like the 750D's do.

I really didnt want a system that would take up a ton of room on my desk, and I really like how it looks.

I am very happy with it, although I wish it came with a top dust filter like the 750D's do.

that top dust filter is overrated unless its an intake as i have a 750d a bottom dust filter would be nice though

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

I used an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU for years, I guess I am not sure how I classify as an Nvidia fanboy...

Your a very open minded fellow aren't you? lol

Care to share with us what is in your system? I noticed you have not put it in your profile.

I am using an AMD based CF Potato machine currently. I am looking to do a good build soon or even 2 but just waiting on the parts to come out like the GTX 980 if it actually offers price/performance and the FX 8370. I want to do an AMD build and Intel build. Have to wait for Adaptive Sync DP 1,2a to come out and the new cards to support it. Right now is just a terrible time to build a rig though with so many new techs coming to market soon. CF R9 285s sound good but that 2GB Vram is a real bane and limits 4K hopes and dreams. I will put post my new rig when it's done.

that top dust filter is overrated unless its an intake as i have a 750d a bottom dust filter would be nice though

I bought an aftermarket one just for the look. My rad pushes air out the top but I like having the filter to clean up the looks.

I bought an aftermarket one just for the look. My rad pushes air out the top but I like having the filter to clean up the looks.

on mine you can see right through the fan filter

I am using an AMD based CF Potato machine currently. I am looking to do a good build soon or even 2 but just waiting on the parts to come out like the GTX 980 if it actually offers price/performance and the FX 8370. I want to do an AMD build and Intel build. Have to wait for Adaptive Sync DP 1,2a to come out and the new cards to support it. Right now is just a terrible time to build a rig though with so many new techs coming to market soon. CF R9 285s sound good but that 2GB Vram is a real bane and limits 4K hopes and dreams. I will put post my new rig when it's done.

No worries. I had an AMD Phenom II X4 for 5 years (I think?) Your machine doesn't have to be a super beast to be proud of it. I too am very interested in the FX 8370, for the $ it seems like it could be a really good chip.

New techs are pretty much always coming out, at some point you just have to cut bait and go for it. 

on mine you can see right through the fan filter

Huh, I guess the one I bought is a bit more dense than that. I can see the cutouts in the top of the case but I really cant see the radiator at all through it.

Am I the only one who feels like this is the slowest week EVER?  HURRY UP AND BE FRIDAY ALREADY!

You arent the only one sorry xD

I will try to get a 760/70 when they drop the prices... Or go with a 960 if it isnt expensive at all.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Huh, I guess the one I bought is a bit more dense than that. I can see the cutouts in the top of the case but I really cant see the radiator at all through it.

oh i can see mine through it but then again i have noctua fans so yea

No worries. I had an AMD Phenom II X4 for 5 years (I think?) Your machine doesn't have to be a super beast to be proud of it. I too am very interested in the FX 8370, for the $ it seems like it could be a really good chip.

New techs are pretty much always coming out, at some point you just have to cut bait and go for it. 

Just checked newegg and the FX 8370 is up for sale now. $199 in the US and $219 in Canada. It was OCed to a new world record of 8.7Ghz so perhaps this chip will clock beyond 5Ghz easily.

oh i can see mine through it but then again i have noctua fans so yea

Yeah, my Black Specter Pro's hide pretty well lol

Just checked newegg and the FX 8370 is up for sale now. $199 in the US and $219 in Canada. It was OCed to a new world record of 8.7Ghz so perhaps this chip will clock beyond 5Ghz easily.

Not a bad price at all. If you can get these to past 5Ghz it might be a tough chip to compete with. I wonder if TTL or Linus will be doing a review of it?

Yeah, my Black Specter Pro's hide pretty well lol

how are those fans by the way quiet and do they perform well

how are those fans by the way quiet and do they perform well

I really like them, I cannot really compare them to the Noctua's since I dont have any 140mm Noctua's.

They move a lot of air and as long as you keep the RPM's reasonable they are very quiet.

I've got a Palit gtx 460 which I reflowed with a heatgun, I should be upgrading. I was looking at amd because of better prices but now I am curious on what the gtx 900 series will offer. The power consumption and price are a factor for me.

I've got a Palit gtx 460 which I reflowed with a heatgun, I should be upgrading. I was looking at amd because of better prices but now I am curious on what the gtx 900 series will offer. The power consumption and price are a factor for me.

With all the savings from an AMD GPU it will still be cheaper to run than a nvidia GPU and get same or better performance.

EVGA 780 FTW will hold me off till next year.

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

Based on the low power consumption rumors, is it reasonable to assume that Nvidia is saving a big chunk of horsepower for a high end Titan successor, or a Ti version?  I mean, if they can get their 15% performance boost with a TDP down to 180 watts, what if they cranked up the clock speeds to get TDP up around 250 watts?  

I'm no GPU designer, but it sounds like a marketing strategy to give them more room for more frequent updates in 6 months or whatever.  Instead of releasing one product line every 12 to 18 months, they release a nerfed next-gen card, then slowly un-nerf it.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build