Apple Said to Plan October 21 Media Event to Launch New iPads, OS X Yosemite

Dietrichw

Source

ipad_air_touch_id_mockup.jpg

Apple is reportedly preparing for their next event which is for OSX, iPads, and iPods. Apple has held this second event for their other products in October for quite a few years now, and The Daily Dot has predicted the date of the event to be October 21st which makes sense as almost all Apple events are held on Tuesdays and it is later in the month as it usually is. This year the iPads will likely get the Touch ID sensor now that production of the sensor has been well established in the past year and a minor processor upgrade. On the Desktop side Apple should give final info on OSX Yomesite with a release date.

... good Regis

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Apple Sucks so much and I hope they burn

They are a leader in the industry when it comes to build quality. But as linus said they are kinda slacking a bit in design over function and that may cause everyone that followed their trends to fall in quality too.

They are a leader in the industry when it comes to build quality. But as linus said they are kinda slacking a bit in design over function and that may cause everyone that followed their trends to fall in quality too.

They've been slacking in design too, lately.

iPad mini 3 or nexus 9

decisions decisions

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

They've been slacking in design too, lately.

Other than the new iPhone, which I still haven't been able to wrap my head around, I fail to see how this is true.

*snore*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Other than the new iPhone, which I still haven't been able to wrap my head around, I fail to see how this is true.

I am talking about the iPhone 6 camera bulge and iWatch

Who Linus?

Nope, look above

Gimme dat iPad Plus

giant-ipad-held-up.jpg

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Nope, look above

What's wrong with the Apple Watch? While I don't agree with every variant of it there's definitely one or two I wouldn't mind wearing (compared to the Pebble which I would neeeeeeever wear). As for the iPhone 6 I agree with you, but judging how a company as an entirety is doing by a single design flaw on a single product is pretty dumb.

What's wrong with the Apple Watch? While I don't agree with every variant of it there's definitely one or two I wouldn't mind wearing (compared to the Pebble which I would neeeeeeever wear). As for the iPhone 6 I agree with you, but judging how a company as an entirety is doing by a single design flaw on a single product is pretty dumb.

I am not judging them I am just saying that to compete with Samsung in thickness they made a decision that goes against the way they have designed everything.

Also, the Apple Watch is square. A smartphone has to be IMO as classy as possible, no matter how small the battery is on the moto 360, I will always pick it over the Apple Watch. In fact, if I had an iOS device I would change to Android just for the Moto 360.

I am not judging them I am just saying that to compete with Samsung in thickness they made a decision that goes against the way they have designed everything.

Also, the Apple Watch is square. A smartphone has to be IMO as classy as possible, no matter how small the battery is on the moto 360, I will always pick it over the Apple Watch. In fact, if I had an iOS device I would change to Android just for the Moto 360.

Then you're obviously not the kind of person the Apple Watch is marketed towards. Neither am I because I'd much rather wear my vintage automatic Eterna over any smartwatch ever. I will however assure you that Apple Watch is going to sell. A lot.

Hope its new iPads, I want a mini but I want to wait for the next model

The iWatch looks pretty smart to me, lets see how it is upon review though, I am not sold on the digital crown idea but I love the aesthetic!

The camera bulge? who cares its 1mm of material, I think it looks quite cool, besides the camera from reviews looks freaking awesome, if they had to make the camera part bigger to make it better thats fine with me

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

the only thing i dont like apple for is how tiny some of there upgrades between years are.

i hope new ipod touch, ipads and mac mini will be revealed in this media event....

Does these mean that new Macbooks this year is unlikely? A shame if it is because I've been waiting for the rumoured Macbook Air with Retina Display.  

Does these mean that new Macbooks this year is unlikely? A shame if it is because I've been waiting for the rumoured Macbook Air with Retina Display.  

we have no idea, Mac leaks aren't a big thing like the iPhone.

we have no idea, Mac leaks aren't a big thing like the iPhone.

True, I'm still hoping either way. 

Rumoured is Retina Airs, iPad Air 2, Retina Mini Air whatever 2, new iPod Touch and nothing else AFAIK. rMBPs got the July spec bump and Apple will most likely wait for Broadwell before doing another jump on those.