Microsoft released OneNote Update for Smartwatches

GoodBytes

Microsoft is being quick these days... well quicker than before it seams.

OneNote is coming to your smart watch near you.

It works on the currently released Android based Android based smart watches, by saying "Ok Google, take a note", and you are ready to dictate your note.

android-wear-watch-take-a-note.jpg

For iOS8 users, Microsoft will release an update as well. However, as the Apple Watch isn't out yet, its not added support for it, instead it will allow OneNote to take clips form the web, save photos and send file attachments straight to OneNote without leaving the current app.

Windows Phones users, will get, with Office Lens, the ability to convert pictures of whiteboard notes and paper documents into Word documents and PowerPoint presentations.

You can use OneNote on your smart watch by saying " Ok Google, take a note" and the app will allow you to dictate a note. While obviously not the most comprehensive solution, it is on a watch after-all, it does allow you to take quick notes on the go.

For iOS users out there, Microsoft will be pushing out an update for OneNote later today that ties that app deeper into Apple's ecosystem. This update will allow OneNote for iOS 8 to clip the web, save photos and send file attachments straight to OneNote without leaving the current app.

For Windows Phone fans, you get an update too. Microsoft said that an update for Office Lens now provides the ability to convert pictures of whiteboard notes and paper documents into Word documents and PowerPoint presentations.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-onenote-now-on-your-smart-watch

Can someone give me the short version for what OneNote is? is it a doc software?

Kinda like a digital notebook, with some Word functionality. Basically organisational software.

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week; why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" —Samantha Carter

In that case, cool! Thanks!

No its not. It's about as useful as Outlook(which is shit in my opinion), only more annoying because it runs in the background unless you turn it off (at least on pc it does). I for one hate onenote lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Can someone give me the short version for what OneNote is? is it a doc software?

Or it is nothing really, just the ultimate note taking software that exists for pen and keyboard with synchronization between your PC and devices.

Some of the software abilities are:

-> Notes are organized, by book, section and sub section

-> Click anywhere and type where you clicked

-> Inserted images, typed text, and anything really, is movable on the screen

-> Pressure sensitivity inking with pen

-> Draw with touch

-> Drawing tools (circle, square, graph line, etc.)

-> Embedded basic calculator (so if I type say: 5*5=, it will show 25 after the equal sign).

-> Insert Video and/or audio recording clips in your notes. With audio analysis, so if you search through your notes, it will search through your recording as well.

-> Search through your notes

-> Infinite paper on all directions

-> Support add-ons. SO you can add for example: Microsoft Mathematics (free), and now you can do graph and more complex math

-> Ink to Text

-> Ink to Math (including advance math. Will take your matrix, quadruple integrals, you name it)

-> Smart. Example:, if I type something, and I just hit Tab in the middle, it will make a table, and move what I just typed in a cell, and that table will automatically grow by columns or rows, based if I hit Tab or Enter. But if I hit Tab first and no text before on that line, it knows I just want an indentation tab. ANd stuff like that.

The list features is long, this is just some of it's ability.

I highly recommend anyone that takes notes whether for work, or student to check it out.

No its not. It's about as useful as Outlook(which is shit in my opinion), only more annoying because it runs in the background unless you turn it off (at least on pc it does). I for one hate onenote lol

Yes it is. You don't know how to use it. And most likely never actually checked it out.

And not my problem if you can't see the check box to not show that.

Yes it is. You don't know how to use it. And most likely never actually checked it out.

And not my problem if you can't see the check box to not show that.

I took a class on it (basic ITE class, covered everything in microsoft office). Found it to be completely and totally worthless and annoying *shrugs* maybe I'm just the kind of person that doesn't need it because I can do most of that shit in my head, or manually on the computer in folders.

I took a class on it (basic ITE class, covered everything in microsoft office). Found it to be completely and totally worthless and annoying *shrugs* maybe I'm just the kind of person that doesn't need it because I can do most of that shit in my head, or manually on the computer in folders.

Jesus. You must be some kind of prodigy to be able to maintain an entire notebook's worth of writings and ideas all in your head and at the front of your memory.

Although, I'm still trying to figure out how the things that can be done in OneNote can be done manually with folders on a computer? That's like saying the things that can be done in Photoshop can be done with MS Paint. It just doesn't even make sense.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Jesus. You must be some kind of prodigy to be able to maintain an entire notebook's worth of writings and ideas all in your head and at the front of your memory.

Although, I'm still trying to figure out how the things that can be done in OneNote can be done manually with folders on a computer? That's like saying the things that can be done in Photoshop can be done with MS Paint. It just doesn't even make sense.

I can place notes in one folder, assignments in another, lectures in another, etc. Onenote is overcomplicated crap.

Sounds like you've become dependent upon something doing stuff for you.

You must have had a horrible professor then, and as RH00D, exceptional gifted.

You must have had a horrible professor then, and as RH00D, exceptional gifted.

*shrugs* not really. I found it to be overcomplicated. I can just create notes with word, in the notes folder I made, etc. I've yet to see a single purpose for onenote. It was an online class.

I can place notes in one folder, assignments in another, lectures in another, etc. Onenote is overcomplicated crap.

Sound like a professor that I have, that uses is 80's mailing list system to send us his stuff, and uses nothing else beside notepad for writing his notes, complete with typos and basic grammar mistakes, and who ranted for 30min on day 1 in the class how Office, and all similar software are over complicated mess, and how he is forced to use Windows at school, why can't he use DOS. I kid you not. He wants DOS. Not Linux... DOS.

Sound like a professor that I have, that uses is 80's mailing list system, and uses nothing else beside notepad for writing his notes, complete with typos and basic grammar mistakes, and who ranted for 30min on day 1 in the class how Office, and all similar software are over complicated mess, and how he is forced to use Windows at school, why can't he use DOS. I kid you not. He wants DOS. Not Linux... DOS.

That's just stupid. I find word to be quite helpful (most of it anyways). But I found no use for onenote other than what the required us to do with it, which was honestly pointless.

Right now ECPI is forcing me against my will to use outlook, which I fucking hate lol.

Sound like a professor that I have, that uses is 80's mailing list system to send us his stuff, and uses nothing else beside notepad for writing his notes, complete with typos and basic grammar mistakes, and who ranted for 30min on day 1 in the class how Office, and all similar software are over complicated mess, and how he is forced to use Windows at school, why can't he use DOS. I kid you not. He wants DOS. Not Linux... DOS.

Did you try arguing with him on the merits of graphical user interfaces?

Basically evernote.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

this is amazing, I am really thinking on getting a 360 now

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Did you try arguing with him on the merits of graphical user interfaces?

I think I need to try to argue with him about the merits of taking a shower, not eating as he talk in class where bits of food comes out as he talks, let alone eating when doing a class, and the merits in cutting his nails, before.

That's just stupid. I find word to be quite helpful (most of it anyways). But I found no use for onenote other than what the required us to do with it, which was honestly pointless.

Right now ECPI is forcing me against my will to use outlook, which I fucking hate lol.

Quite simply, if you're finding Word better for taking and maintaining notes, you're using OneNote wrong however, I still prefer Notepad for the really quick notes while taking a telephone message because showing OneNote is not a shortcut that ever sinks in.

Quite simply, if you're finding Word better for taking and maintaining notes, you're using OneNote wrong however, I still prefer Notepad for the really quick notes while taking a telephone message because showing OneNote is not a shortcut that ever sinks in.

*shrugs* like I said, I found it to be pointless.

It's not dependence, it's I don't want to spend time organizing a myriad of documents into different folders on my desktop PC when I can just organize it into sections and pages in a digital notebook and have far more useful functionality. OneNote syncs everything across all devices and the OneNote website. I never have to worry about multiple/outdated copies of things. I never have to worry about fragmentation.

OneNote also integrates with the other Office applications. If I'm viewing a page in the notebook I can just hit "Email page" and I can send it off to another person seamlessly.

post-385-0-25281300-1410905518.png

You can add "Tags" to lines such as a check-able checkbox which is useful in making lists of things that need to be done/bought, etc. (Really useful for keeping track of bills that need to be paid) There are lots of other types of tags that are useful.

You can import Excel tables, Visio diagrams, there is infinite space in all directions for writing. Importing screenshots/screen clips can be done simply.

Below is a screenshot of an actual .vsdx diagram imported into OneNote and then as an example you can draw on it within OneNote and then say use "Email Page" button to shoot it off to a colleague. That is an example of functionality in OneNote that simply cannot be done in any other single program.

post-385-0-20438200-1410906212_thumb.png

You're probably going to say "That use-case would never apply to me" and it may not, but OneNote is still far more efficient even for the basics.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

It's not dependence, it's I don't want to spend time organizing a myriad of documents into different folders on my desktop PC when I can just organize it into sections and pages in a digital notebook and have far more useful functionality. OneNote syncs everything across all devices and the OneNote website. I never have to worry about multiple/outdated copies of things. I never have to worry about fragmentation.

OneNote also integrates with the other Office applications. If I'm viewing a page in the notebook I can just hit "Email page" and I can send it off to another person seamlessly.

-snip

You can add "Tags" to lines such as a check-able checkbox which is useful in making lists of things that need to be done/bought, etc. (Really useful for keeping track of bills that need to be paid) There are lots of other types of tags that are useful.

You can import Excel tables, Visio diagrams, there is infinite space in all directions for writing. Importing screenshots/screen clips can be done simply.

Below is a screenshot of an actual .vsdx diagram imported into OneNote and then as an example you can draw on it within OneNote and then say use "Email Page" button to shoot it off to a colleague. That is an example of functionality in OneNote that simply cannot be done in any other single program.

-snip

You're probably going to say "That use-case would never apply to me" and it may not, but OneNote is still far more efficient even for the basics.

Lol your talking to someone who writes his grocery list on a paper plate, so no it doesn't apply to me

The problem OneNote has is that nobody knows what it does or how it might be useful.

If somebody asked me why to use it over Excel or Word. I'd be like uhm, no clue.