Do you think its a waste of money?

nivra552

I have an prodigy case and was thinking of buying a Corsair Air 240 case do you think its a good buy or a waste of money?

I'd stay with the Prodigy case unless you're just wanting to rebuild your PC. I don't think the Air 240 would offer anything more to you.

It all boils down to looks.

Does your sexual arousal for the Air 240 warrant switching?

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Because it gets alot of dust inside the case and seeing the reviews it seems that the air 240 is dust proof?

Because it gets alot of dust inside the case and seeing the reviews it seems that the air 240 is dust proof?

No case is dust proof.

Well I moded my case so that's why... The reason for it cause my gpu can't breath if I put its it's original side panel which is a windowed one

post-81087-0-81617900-1410832728.jpg

Seems like a nice case to me (the air 240 that is)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ok, I'll bite. Where the hell is your GPU?

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

The Air 240 would be a fine alternative to your Prodigy.

It has the potential to leave a better airflow in the case, but by how much a margin, i cannot tell.

Well I moded my case so that's why... The reason for it cause my gpu can't breath if I put its it's original side panel which is a windowed one

this... i want that side panel.. do you have a thread on how you made it? :o

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

Ok, I'll bite. Where the hell is your GPU?

post-81087-0-89041400-1410911793_thumb.j

THis was my setup before I sold my R9-290 tri x hoping that the 900 series would be good buy for me...

this... i want that side panel.. do you have a thread on how you made it? :o

Sorry I dont have any...If you were near where I would have just given it to you since I would be changing to air 240

I have mixed feelings on the Air 240, I like the second chamber design far more on the 240, as well as the magnetic filter for that panels ventilation. But the filter for the main chamber are worthless and just increase air restriction due to their much different (To the side filter) design. You could probably buy some Demciflex filters that meet the right dimensions, but that would increase costs noticeably.

As for the dust issue with your Prodigy, Demciflex has you covered, at half the cost of a new Air 240. Combine high quality filters and positive airflow and you'll be good.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=37268

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I have mixed feelings on the Air 240, I like the second chamber design far more on the 240, as well as the magnetic filter for that panels ventilation. But the filter for the main chamber are worthless and just increase air restriction due to their much different (To the side filter) design. You could probably buy some Demciflex filters that meet the right dimensions, but that would increase costs noticeably.

As for the dust issue with your Prodigy, Demciflex has you covered, at half the cost of a new Air 240. Combine high quality filters and positive airflow and you'll be good.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=37268

i think part of the issue is that slapping a dust filter on a completely clear side panel ruins the asthetic..

Sorry I dont have any...If you were near where I would have just given it to you since I would be changing to air 240

Hmm... did you just get plexi glass and dremel holes in it?

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

i think part of the issue is that slapping a dust filter on a completely clear side panel ruins the asthetic..

Hmm... did you just get plexi glass and dremel holes in it?

yeah plexi glass but this is machine cut

Unfortunately I'm from the Philippines and I haven't seen anyone selling those and it would really destroy the aesthetics..could you recommend me another alternative for the air 240? was also thinking of a 250D but I think its too cramped space

Unfortunately I'm from the Philippines and I haven't seen anyone selling those and it would really destroy the aesthetics..could you recommend me another alternative for the air 240? was also thinking of a 250D but I think its too cramped space

They're actually pretty close to being the same size. Though it is slightly smaller. The 250D is probably the most spacious ITX case you can buy. It also has good filters all the way around, unlike the Air 240.

No case I would buy personally, and as such no case I would recommend, is more spacious, user friendly and cooling friendly (Though CPU coolers are very height restricted) than the 250D. Just use the 80mm mounts as passive exhausts and use the 140+120mm mounts as intake.

Also there isn't such a thing as dust proof, a lot of reviews have a habit of saying that. It annoys me every single time. Dust resistant would be more correct.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

They're actually pretty close to being the same size. Though it is slightly smaller. The 250D is probably the most spacious ITX case you can buy. It also has good filters all the way around, unlike the Air 240.

No case I would buy personally, and as such no case I would recommend, is more spacious, user friendly and cooling friendly (Though CPU coolers are very height restricted) than the 250D. Just use the 80mm mounts as passive exhausts and use the 140+120mm mounts as intake.

Also there isn't such a thing as dust proof, a lot of reviews have a habit of saying that. It annoys me every single time. Dust resistant would be more correct.

So you really think that the 250D is better than the air 240? I liked more the air 240 because of the window cause its big..But I got your point and now im confused on what to buy...ehehe

Design wise, I like them the same. The 250D is bigger than an ITX case should be, and the 240 is slightly smaller than I think an mATX should be. And as the issue with your Prodigy is dust, I do believe the 250D to be superior.

Also, I just looked at your first picture, flip the top fans around. The issue with negative pressure is that it forces air to come in though places it wasn't meant to come from. And the top of a Prodigy has a decent enough filter.