AMD's Response to the GTX 770 Launch, Intriguing...

AMD's own Roy Taylor Vice President of Global Channel Sales made an interesting post via twitter yesterday commenting on the release of arch rival Nvidia's GTX 770.

Here is what he had to say :

Competition is always good. We intend to increase it still further,

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/340200487041241088

Is AMD hinting at an upcoming release ? share your thoughts in a post below.

The 7970 is a very powerful card, and with a few more driver updates, I'm sure it can easily keep up with the 770, especially considering how insanely OCable the 7970 is ^^ So ya, maybe an anouncement, to keep people from buying Nvidia now to wait for something more awesome?

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

The 770, despite being a re-badge, is still a great one

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

35350572.jpg

I'm waiting to be impressed.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Show us what you've got, AMD

i5 2500k @ 4.5 ghz, 8gb Kingston Hyper X RAM @ 1600 mhz, MSI Twin Frozr HD 7950 1100/1575 (Currently in RMA), 60 GB OCZ SSD, 500 GB Seagate HDD, 250 GB WD HDD (form my old PC), 1 TB WD external HDD, Corsair HX750 PSU, Fractal Design Define R4 windowed, Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus.

I'm excited for the next AMD release to be honest, I want to see the head to head dogfights between the Flagship, Mid-Range and Budget cards and with the latest APUs being unveiled I think AMD will be able to stand back on 2 feet as their stocks are increasing everyday, thanks to Google Now...

AMD has just teased these shots on Twitter & Facebook along side these messages.

BLnaxRFCIAIKE-o.jpg
970681_10151650679671473_255392069_n.jpg

We’ve made something for gaming combat to ensure you are always ready for war. Can you guess what it is?

We’ve got something new to reveal soon. Take a peak and see if you can guess what we’re announcing?

https://twitter.com/AMDRadeon/status/340543786771947520

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151650679671473&set=a.186753251472.120629.23542086472&type=1

Im going to guess it is a hint about the 8000 series.

It would be funny if they were hinting at their upcoming APU range. *sigh*

Well, all I know is that there is a NDA for AMD and Tom Logan has said it's nothing to compete with the 780.

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

Let's get this game on. I'm rootin' for ya AMD!

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!

Isn't the 8000 series due to release in Q3 this year?

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Well, all I know is that there is a NDA for AMD and Tom Logan has said it's nothing to compete with the 780.

You may be in luck.

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/340469392364167168

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

This is probably correct. But I really hope it isn't. And APU release would be so silly.

But didn't they JUST finish an APU release? or was that the CPU on the FM2 socket release? I can't even keep track.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

This is probably correct. But I really hope it isn't. And APU release would be so silly.

But didn't they JUST finish an APU release? or was that the CPU on the FM2 socket release? I can't even keep track.

I don't even know. I don't really keep up with CPU releases. It would be really terrible though if this is their "great" announcement.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I've got my hopes up, if this isn't the HD 8000 series a bit of me is going to die 

Well... I'm thinking about it... AMD have had, what, a year and a half now to develop a new series. And to beat the Titan, they've had since it was released or possibly knew about it.

Tech advances a lot in nearly 2 years, so I'm wondering if AMD are going to be able to provide something that thrashes the Titan mainly just due to how much longer they've had. Plus the fact that, in general, AMD GPUs for each price point are better than Nvidias. I mean, look at the 680 just a month ago and it'd set you back £400. It performs worse or on par with the 7970 and you could grab that for £275. You then play at 3x1080P and the 7970 is a better deal by a LOOONG way. Anyways, I hope it's not new APUs and hope to god that it's either 8 or 9 thousand series (most likely 9xxx) OR some form of competitor to the Titan, but for much less. Because I would be tempted to get a Titan if I couldn't get 3 7970s for less than £100 more. But if AMD release a Titan competitor, it MAY be cheaper and it MAY be better. We shall just have to see!

If AMD release a card to compete with the GTX 770 fair play to them but to be honest I have a three-way crossfire setup with 7970's (MSI) and its freaking insanity I have pushed it to the limits of what my CPU can handle (and blew my PSU) and I still had headroom to go further but saying this it may be down to my liquid cooling, got to have a dual loop set up on the go :D

Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted

(Do not try to work the meaning out you will go insane I have tried it)

im in the "hoping for an HD8000 release" boat as well. 

as they say, good market competition is always good for us consumers 

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

I certainly hope they do not release something that competes with the 770 considering the 7950 benches very similar for about 100 bucks less.....

The AMD 8000 series will be a re-badged 7000 series cards. The true innovation will happen with the 9000 series which is supposed to launch at the end of 2013. For more details, hit Google with "AMD HD9970 specifications leaked"... It is impressive.

Perhaps they should get their drivers in order before releasing new gen cards.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

If they release a new series I hope it has frame metering hardware to help fix the frame stuttering issues. Would also be nice to see something like ShadowPlay on their cards.

EDIT: Here's the link for the speculated specifications for the 9970. If these turn out to be true then the card almost doubles the graphics horsepower of the 7970 and has a 33% wider memory bus. This might be AMD gearing up for a truly 4K capable card.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking