Programs worth looking at to help you with Star Citizen.

rentaspoon

Voice Attack

http://www.voiceattack.com/

A.N.N.A profile: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/153203/updated-voiceattack-profile-anna-fully-state-aware-control-everything-with-your-voice

Everyone and their Mums have heard of Voice Attack, I've tried most of the software that attempts to rival this and while there may be a free alternative I can't find any that have as good GUI or as easy to use. While most other software needs you to know a little bit of code this takes the commands of "when I say...." or "when I press..." and gives you a drop box full of options or you can record a macro in game pop out and then edit it.

The only complaints I have that it needs to have Windows Macros installed and $8, on top of that the demo has a limit of one profile AND a 21 day trail which makes it harder to test the program fully before you decide. That said this is me being picky.

I suggest that you only use other peoples profiles if you really can't be arsed to create your own. Why? Because while you might say "lock on" someone else could say "missile", which mean you have to learn a set of commands rather than it feeling natural. It's a tomayto/tomarto thing and costs a few seconds of game time you don't have.

Roccat PowerGrid

http://power-grid.roccat.org/en/Home/

SC Grid: http://power-grid.roccat.org/en/Store/Grids/Games/Simulation/379/

So maybe you don't have a headset or in a conversation so you can't use a voice command, Roccat PowerGrid gives you the option of putting your phone or tablet to good use, while it takes some time to learn you can program macros into it and send it to your phone once it's paired and the "grid" sent to your phone, allowing you to have a one touch press to change the power to your shield or avionics.

Ok so your gonna have to mount it in front of your screen some how but how cool would it be to have 2 tablets side by side so you can actually pretend to be in your ship.

;) Renta

I've literally NEVER heard of this, but thanks for linking it.

Glad I could help, thought everyone knew about it

WTF is voiceattack? And dat site design *pukes* :D

Voice command program but game orientated, I use it for skyrim, KSP, BF4 and star citizen as well as launching games from desktop.

It's all done by one guy but he wasn't expecting the program to get so popular.

Glad I could help, thought everyone knew about it

Voice command program but game orientated, I use it for skyrim, KSP, BF4 and star citizen as well as launching games from desktop.

It's all done by one guy but he wasn't expecting the program to get so popular.

I think I saw a video on IGN ages ago with it when the program just started becoming a thing. They demo'd it on Skyrim and used it to do shouts and it was so damn cool :D

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

That Power Grid app looks interesting.  I may have to try it out.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

Maybe you can add the YT video made for ANNA, Spoon. It also explains a bit what VA is. :)

Good idea, I was thinking on how to flesh it out

That PowerGrid app looks interesting, especially since, like you said, it doesn't interfere with conversations (Skype/TS/whatever). If it can run on a cheapo tablet, it might be worth setting up on one's desk.

That PowerGrid app looks interesting, especially since, like you said, it doesn't interfere with conversations (Skype/TS/whatever). If it can run on a cheapo tablet, it might be worth setting up on one's desk.

Yeah its good but the interface sucks, needs some serious work but the lag from the button press is next to nothing and it's worth looking at.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently started using Voice Attack with the A.N.N.A. profile, and it is the best $8 I have spent yet for this game, and that includes the $$ on a full new computer build.  Ran the Windows voice training a few times and I am getting >90% successful command action first time I say the command and 100% if I have to say the command a second time.  Next is to get and try out a TrackIR.

I recently started using Voice Attack with the A.N.N.A. profile, and it is the best $8 I have spent yet for this game, and that includes the $$ on a full new computer build. Ran the Windows voice training a few times and I am getting >90% successful command action first time I say the command and 100% if I have to say the command a second time. Next is to get and try out a TrackIR.

If you get track it and do a write up I'll add it to the OP

TrackIR is a great piece of kit. I love it. Adds so much to the feeling of flying. Right now in Arena Commander trackIR not only lets you looks around but it also controls your gimballed weapons. So you shoot where you look. It's helpful when you play with a joystick cause there's no other good way to control guns. K+M users have an easier job in this matter.

If you get track it and do a write up I'll add it to the OP

will do - but first I have to install the new basement bathroom so I can get a new monitor, then the trackir.  But the bathroom allows me to buy some new tools as well..."Well if you want that honey I have to buy this tool so I can do it right and have it look good"  :D

everyone should buy/download this program  called (Elite : dangerous) Its a great way to learn to fly in 6/8 Directions of flight , learn to dogfight with a proper flightmodel and good controler customization and default profiles that work. 

so that when Star Citizen is closer to being finished you will already be a much much better pilot for launch.

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

everyone should buy/download this program called (Elite : dangerous) Its a great way to learn to fly in 6/8 Directions of flight , learn to dogfight with a proper flightmodel and good controler customization and default profiles that work.

so that when Star Citizen is closer to being finished you will already be a much much better pilot for launch.

I sort of disagree with you, also the learning curve in Elite is not easy, and the game is terrible t explaining the basics when it should do it, in the tutorial mode.

Instead they show it to you when you enter the actual game.

The meny is slightly confusing, I still haven't figured out where half the stuff are in the menu, when I did the tutorial I had to go to YouTube to learn the basics. It's like I'm playing X3 again... Ok not THAT bad but close.

Sure there is a learning curve in SC as well but at least they have the basic control map to show us in the menu for KB/M, joystick, controller.

I have no clue what "proper flight control" is but I don't like it when my ships starts rolling when I move the mouse I rather use Q and E for that.

I can go on on things that are good and bad about Elite but it would be a waste of time.

All Im going to say is: freaking hate the starter ship.... Slowest brick I've ever flown,