First Impressions of the new Corsair K95

post-7799-0-90070400-1369968943_thumb.pn

Well, it's here.  And I'm typing on it.  It's looking much like the k90.

post-7799-0-29046200-1369969010_thumb.pn

which I had before.  One thing I can tell you is that it actually works with plug and play for once without the drivers.  That new bios switch is finally going to let me stick that old ps2 keyboard I used to use for the bios back in the closet it seems!  The new keyboard's cherry reds feel a bit stiffer than my K90's, which I like.

post-7799-0-63221400-1369969233.png

Also, new thing.  Keyboard backlight art!

Well, I'll update later once I've tried everything out.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I am probably going to get the k70 because all you get the features of the k95 minus the extra the g keys. But i have been excited for this since CES

Sorry for off topic but if you don't tell em what that says I am going to go crazy, I see the two E's and an H

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Well, I'll update later once I've tried everything out.

Awesome :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

It looks nice and sleek, I'm loving that backlight. :)

Sorry for off topic but if you don't tell em what that says I am going to go crazy, I see the two E's and an H

HELP ME - the M is on the word processor pad.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

i like this keyboard, buy i dont like cherry reds.

i am still debating getting this or a cm storm trigger

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

• 2 weeks later...

i like this keyboard, buy i dont like cherry reds.

i am still debating getting this or a cm storm trigger

Well they are bringing more switch options to the k70 Blues and Browns! I'm very exited

i will hold off my keyboard update until then :)

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

Looks nice, not sure about the side buttons, overkill & unneeded for my needs.

I'm awaiting the Blue/Brown switches for the K70 :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I've only had a handful of interactions with the corsair keyboards but the first thing I noticed when putting my hands on the keyboard was how wobbly the keys felt IE LEFT RIGHT NORTH SOUTH

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

Nice i can't wait to get one for myself :) Nice to see you're having fun with the individually adjustable backlights haha

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

thanks for this. 

now i'm confused.  :(

the Shine 3 looks awesome too.

Will wait for the MX Browns first then I'll decide after that. 

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

I hate reds but the black metal looks AMAZING!!! 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

But I don't want reds... Please some variety!

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Aggh that's some sick keyboard. Do really want if they only come with less buttons

I love Corsair products, but I just can't see myself picking up another keyboard from them.  I was really upset with with the K90.  Their marketing was clearly false, the keyboards were not fully mechanical, they knew it, but nowhere did they say in any of the marketing that the K90 was a Hybrid mechanical.  When confronted, they told me to read the FAQ and a blog post.  Well, frankly I'd rather have that information on the product packaging when I purchased the product.  Their response painted me as the bad guy and/or idiot.  No amends.  I even showed their own marketing materials demonstrating no reference to any non-mechanical components.

http://geekswithblogs.net/eddraper/archive/2013/02/15/when-a-vendor-you-love-lieshellip-corsair-and-the-k90.aspx

As their other components haven't given me cause for complaint, I still have hope... that is, until something goes wrong and I get to be told how stupid I am and how they're completely unable to do a damn thing for me.

Looks like "HELP ME" to me.

EDIT: Just realised h264 had already replied :D well, at least I got it right!

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I love Corsair products, but I just can't see myself picking up another keyboard from them.  I was really upset with with the K90.  Their marketing was clearly false, the keyboards were not fully mechanical, they knew it, but nowhere did they say in any of the marketing that the K90 was a Hybrid mechanical.  When confronted, they told me to read the FAQ and a blog post.  Well, frankly I'd rather have that information on the product packaging when I purchased the product.  Their response painted me as the bad guy and/or idiot.  No amends.  I even showed their own marketing materials demonstrating no reference to any non-mechanical components.

http://geekswithblogs.net/eddraper/archive/2013/02/15/when-a-vendor-you-love-lieshellip-corsair-and-the-k90.aspx

As their other components haven't given me cause for complaint, I still have hope... that is, until something goes wrong and I get to be told how stupid I am and how they're completely unable to do a damn thing for me.

yeah, I agree, the K95 is what the K90 should have been.  At the time, I was trying to replace my G15 v1 and it was the only thing that seemed mildly close.  Bad move on my part.

they have announced that they will release it with blues and blacks! i cant wait!