Gaming rig is making room hot, will adding more internal fans help?

VelocitySpeed

Help! my gaming rig is making my room real hot and i cannot stand it ! im running AMD 280x for GPU, and FX 8300 for CPU, with a basic coolermaster case. Would getting a better case for air flow purposes help at all ? i have this one in mind..

http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technologies-Tower-Chassis-Cases/dp/B00I44ES4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410506378&sr=8-1&keywords=nzxt+h440

If so, which case would you recommend? also , if you know any other ways on making my PC produce less heat inside my room, i'd really apreciate it! (opening my doors will not be an option due to annoyance issues!) Thanks in advance..

lol no it will unfortunately make your room hotter if you keep your computer cooler. The way computer cooling works is you take all the heat from your system and move it somewhere else, you don't make the heat go away. Unfortunately amd runs quite a bit hotter than intel and nvidia so if that is a serious issue for you I can only suggest making your next build based on them instead of amd unless amd can actually catch up in energy efficiency. (Entirely unlikely for their cpu's)

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Help! my gaming rig is making my room real hot and i cannot stand it ! im running AMD 280x for GPU, and FX 8300 for CPU, with a basic coolermaster case. Would getting a better case for air flow purposes help at all ? i have this one in mind..

http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technologies-Tower-Chassis-Cases/dp/B00I44ES4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410506378&sr=8-1&keywords=nzxt+h440

If so, which case would you recommend? also , if you know any other ways on making my PC produce less heat inside my room, i'd really apreciate it! (opening my doors will not be an option due to annoyance issues!) Thanks in advance..

lol no, fans don't make the air cool. They just take the air from one place and push it somewhere else. You went AMD/AMD heat is something you're going to have to deal with.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

A gaming pc will naturally get hot under load and will eventually heat up your room, despite more case fans (they're not going to magically drop your temperature by 20 degrees). 

Open your door/window or underclock your hardware.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Adding fans won't help in air temperature. Consider underclocking of your CPU and/or GPU.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Unfortunately from my knowledge at least adding more fans wont help with your room heating up as all a fan, or any type of cooling for that matter does is move the thermal energy away from components. Adding more fans will get you cooler PC internal temperatures but only because more thermal energy is being moved from your PC to your room.

You might want to try moving your PC near a window and positioning the exhaust fans to blow the hot air out of the house. 

It's something unpredictable. But in the end is right. I hope you've had the time of your life.

Find a way to allow that heat to exit the room.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Your room will heat up the same way no matter what type of cooling you have.  Eventually the cooling system will reach equilibrium in which it is dissipating heat into the room just as fast as the components are generating it, the efficiency of the cooling will only affect what temperature the components reach before that happens.  But no matter what, the chips are generating a certain amount of heat, and that heat has to go somewhere.  More fans won't make the chips generate less heat.  Your only hope is to get better ventilation in the room somehow.

That's one of the reasons why I've stopped playing BF4 for a while during the summer, while peppering people full of holes is fun and all, being roasted alive in a 90degree+ room isn't worth it.

You could try underclocking or  do what I'm going to do, jump on the intel/nvidia train.

That's one of the reasons why I've stopped playing BF4 for a while during the summer, while peppering people full of holes is fun and all, being roasted alive in a 90degree+ room isn't worth it.

You could try underclocking or  do what I'm going to do, jump on the intel/nvidia train.

Same problem with me during summers.BTW where do you live and do you have air conditioning.My room tems reach around 40+C during summers while gaming .

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Your room will still get nice and toasty. My cards never exceed 70, but that's still plenty of heat to heat up a room fairly quickly.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Time to get an A/C unit :)

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I got used to playing in my room with room temperature of at least more than 30 degrees Celcius. It was almost like our house's second sauna. It got uncomfortable in the first few weeks of summer, but eventually I got used to it.

Gotta love my GTX 590's heating in the winter, though...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Same problem with me during summers.BTW where do you live and do you have air conditioning.My room tems reach around 40+C during summers while gaming .

Good old southern California, gotta love 100 degree+ days, and I do have air conditioning but I have no control of it which is a bummer

Your room will still get nice and toasty. My cards never exceed 70, but that's still plenty of heat to heat up a room fairly quickly.

Which is one of the reasons why I don't even bother signing up for givingaways for systems with like a 9590 with dual r9 295xs and stuff like that, probably would generate enough heat to keep scientists in Antarctica feeling like they're in Hawaii (Get it, Hawaii architecture?). And in all respects, all computer chips do generate a fair bit of heat, but it is undeniable that amd does tend to run a bit hotter.

dang.. what a bummer! i guess i should probably invest on a gaming laptop next time instead =\.. Would gaming laptops heat a room up? i figured not since the GPU on it is a mobile version of the real one.

dang.. what a bummer! i guess i should probably invest on a gaming laptop next time instead =\.. Would gaming laptops heat a room up? i figured not since the GPU on it is a mobile version of the real one.

Ermm... No. Mobile parts (at least mobile GPUs) are about half as powerful as their desktop counterparts, to keep the power usage and heat output within the limits of what a laptop can handle. This means that they're significantly slower, plus the fact that they're stored in a case that's tiny and can have very limited cooling, it won't help (much at least).

Underclocking (and undervolting) your desktop's components is a lot better option than getting a gaming laptop if computer heating up the room is an issue. Yes, you'll loose some performance that your components have, but it'll still be a lot more powerful than a laptop using mobile versions of those components.

At load. Laptops still output excess of 65*c-90*c

Can still happen.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Major facepalm. The concentration of physics noobs has never been higher :D

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

If your pc heats up your room too much you need to cool your room more. Just open a window or something. If your pc can maintain appropriate temps upgrading will not be necessary.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

AMD / hot........imagine that

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

• 1 year later...

All of those seem like pretty terrible suggestions, I personally have a window ac unit in the window in my home office (its a bedroom we use as an office) to keep the room at an acceptable level. I have an amd fx 8350 and an nvidia 660 so without a window ac unit it gets really hot with the door closed, opening the door helps a little but using a window AC unit to move the heat outside is really your best bet during the summer, spring, and fall. During the winter my window ac unit won't turn on if it gets too cold outside so I just have to open the window. If you are going to spend 600 to 1000 dollars to build your pc you can afford 100 dollars for a window ac unit, consider it part of your build because in order to actually use the gaming pc you built you need to have one.