I got shipped something...

Guest Hourani23

I got shipped a power supply and the box for it was dented but not the amazon box. How? The box didn't have room to move so it wasn't from hitting against the box

Probably dropped before it was sent to amazon?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I got shipped a power supply and the box for it was dented but not the amazon box. How? The box didn't have room to move so it wasn't from hitting against the box

Amazon is really good with reruns

if your pus is not functional you can have it exchanged at no cost,

What brand...?

(RMA it)

Corsair

Amazon is really good with reruns

if your pus is not functional you can have it exchanged at no cost,

Is there a way to test it with out a motherboard or other components?

Corsair

Surprising from Corsair. Just return it using Amazon or Corsair.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

With the paper clip trick. Then grab a spare molex cable and wire it up to a component that uses 12v.

Surprising from Corsair. Just return it using Amazon or Corsair.

If it doesn't work I will, can't be bothered 

send it back :P or at least i would because id be all over the thing trying to find issues

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

you can do the paperclip test. put a paperclip (or other easily bendable wire) in the green and black wire things. the psu fan should turn on.

but really i would just rma it, you shouldnt have to pay for return shipping or anything. just send that one back and amazon will send you a replacement 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

only other way is with a voltage meter

but it's corsair I will not worry too hard of it.

corsair has great RMA process

you have 30 days with amazon and 1 year with corsair

I had no issues with corsair psu ever

I did have issues with others

plus linus throw it off of a roof lol

it's pretty good

Sorry if this was in the wrong sub-forum i didnt mean for it to become a return or not return thing

It is fine. Corsair PSUs are very well packaged, and the box definitely protected it. Linus throws his Corsair PSUs from the roof of his house, and the box protects it perfectly fine.

Don't bother returning a working PSU just because of a dent in the box. That's what boxes are for ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It is fine. Corsair PSUs are very well packaged, and the box definitely protected it. Linus throws his Corsair PSUs from the roof of his house, and the box protects it perfectly fine.

Don't bother returning a working PSU just because of a dent in the box. That's what boxes are for ;)

I wasn't even thinking of returning it lol. I just wanted to know how

Don't worry about it, same thing happen to me, it works fine, my corsair psu is running great!  There's one thing, coil whine. 

I wasn't even thinking of returning it lol. I just wanted to know how

It's fine. Don't worry about it :) Corsair has great packaging, and the box was damaged before Amazon packaged it and sent it to you.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020