Are there any web browsers that don't completely suck?

Go to solution Solved by chicksoup,

I use maxthon and really love it...give it a try

I used to use chrome, it got really slow over time even after numerous reinstalls. Switched to firefox for a while, it worked decently but flash seems to be completely fucked and causes crashes constantly. I've tried some of the other firefox versions like waterfox but all of them seem to have to have the same issue with flash.

Has anyone found anything that actually works properly?

Nope, they all fucking suck.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

yeah chrome has been fine for me since 2010.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Chrome is flawless for me. Other people swear by opera but that's about it.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I've never had any Flash issues with Firefox, there might be a reason it's playing up for you. Tried researching the issue?

Firefox is easily the best (by a huge lead) in my opinion. The most customizable, it's open-source, the most lightweight and faster, and doesn't literally report all your data and browsing history back to Google like the botnet Chrome does.

Chrome uses shitloads of ram. Firefox, I currently dislike in general. Try Opera and IE 11.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I use firefox because I like it's "flowing" design. I don't mind if a website takes 0.01sec longer to load.

What I wanted to say was that it doesn't matter what browser you use as long as you personally like it.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

I just use Chrome, with a good PC it should run flawless

"You do not call the endless aggregation of not dying 'life'.Its mearly an experience"

chrome and firefox is fine for me

try reinstalling windows

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i use Chrome.. since google+ and gmail are all nicely connected, but.... it likes using 8gb´s of ram...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I like firefox and rekonq.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

ever tried opera? I use it, and it's been flawless for me since my switch over from chrome in april.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I'm using opera. Doesn't work with some webs correctly tho.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I've used chrome for 4 years, never had any problems or slow downs. It is extremely fast, and has tons of custom configuration options.

You probably have a problem with your hardware or drivers if all those browsers have issues...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I used to use chrome, it got really slow over time even after numerous reinstalls. Switched to firefox for a while, it worked decently but flash seems to be completely fucked and causes crashes constantly. I've tried some of the other firefox versions like waterfox but all of them seem to have to have the same issue with flash.

Has anyone found anything that actually works properly?

Why not contribute patches to chromium/firefox?

I've never had any Flash issues with Firefox, there might be a reason it's playing up for you. Tried researching the issue?

Firefox is easily the best (by a huge lead) in my opinion. The most customizable, it's open-source, the most lightweight and faster, and doesn't literally report all your data and browsing history back to Google like the botnet Chrome does.

Yeah, I've tried researching it and all that. I've reset it multiple times. It's still really bad.

For example sometimes I'll have a twitch stream on my second monitor and scrolling will get laggy on my other firefox window. Actually, everything will get laggy when flash is running even just opening a new tab will seem finnicky.

Sometimes if I click back right away after going to a page with flash running firefox will freeze and flash will crash.

Sometimes flash players will slow to 15 fps or something and not allow me to fullscreen or change other options.

I've tried reinstalling fucking everything all of the solutions people offer on various forums and it's still completly fucked. But like 30% everything works perfectly fine. My pc isn't underpowered. I've got an ssd, i5, gtx 660 ti. arggh.

Trying this out.

Maxthon is great sticking to this.