TODAY IS THE DAY! Which phone should I get?

DoubleY

So I going into Verizon today... more than likely leaving with a new phone. Which should it be?

Both my parents have the Galaxy S5, and it looks like a decent phone. However the HTC One M8 might be more compelling.

What is your personal opinion on the two phones?

Anything else I should look at? 

iPhone 6+

M8, it's just so right. It feels like it's supposed to be in your hand. :P

You must be thinking of my penis, which is already in my hand

Definetly no... To the OP both phones are good the Galaxy S5 have a better battery than the HTC One, but then again, both are good.

Thanks for the input!

Why the iPhone hate :rolleyes:

I personally refuse to buy into the Apple ecosystem. I have my reasons, some of which may be dumb. 

I like being closed mindid

If you want the build quality go for the M8. If you want a better camera and the crazy amount of Samsung features go for the S5. They're both great phones. If you're at all interested in the Galaxy Gear that might sway you. My only complaint about the M8 is the camera, they really should've stepped it up more. Other than that not much of a difference.

I would probably say get the M8 if you value build quality

(personally getting the iPhone 6 or 6 plus, but fair enough you have your reasons)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you want the build quality go for the M8. If you want a better camera and the crazy amount of Samsung features go for the S5. They're both great phones. If you're at all interested in the Galaxy Gear that might sway you. My only complaint about the M8 is the camera, they really should've stepped it up more. Other than that not much of a difference.

I personally don't care much about the built in camera. If it's anything important, I will grab my DSLR.

I would only use it for quick snapshots of random things.

I'm sorry but your penis isn't shaped like magnificence.

Yes it is. Would you like proof? Kappa

Why the iPhone hate :rolleyes:

I don't hate iPhones or anything (I'm an iPhone user myself (4S)), but the iPhone 6/+ literally sucks, design and specs overall, both of them get outclassed by samsungs and HTC models... To be honest, if @JelleDekkers said iPhone 5s or something along the lines I wouldn't had said anything.

I would say wait for the Z3 Because I personally love the feel and looks of the Xperia phones and I have a Z myself :)

HTC one m8 is great, also is the Sony Z 2or3

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

M8 over the S5, definitely avoid iPhone 6 or 6+.  Have you considered the Xperia Z3 or LG G3?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I personally don't care much about the built in camera. If it's anything important, I will grab my DSLR.

I would only use it for quick snapshots of random things.

In that case then the M8's camera will be fine, it's okay not terrible or amazing. I find just the build quality and subjectively better Android skin far more appealing than the S5. And them speakers are pretty awesome too.

I'd have to say HTC M8 as well. But much like your hate for the iOs, I have some pretty serious hate for the Touchwiz.

So, no love for the G3? Both of my roommates recently switched from their "toy Apple phones" to the G3 and they love it.

I would say wait for the Z3 Because I personally love the feel and looks of the Xperia phones and I have a Z myself :)

I don't think it's available on contract from Verizon.

The Z3 Compact is actually what I'd be oggling. Such a sexy, small phone with a pretty decent sized screen.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

M8 over the S5, definitely avoid iPhone 6 or 6+.  Have you considered the Xperia Z3 or LG G3?

I haven't. But I have briefly looked into the Moto G/X

I'd have to say HTC M8 as well. But much like your hate for the iOs, I have some pretty serious hate for the Touchwiz.

So, no love for the G3? Both of my roommates recently switched from their "toy Apple phones" to the G3 and they love it.

The Z3 Compact is actually what I'd be oggling. Such a sexy, small phone with a pretty decent sized screen.

I don't hate iOS... I just... well... dislike Apple

I haven't looked into the G3, but I will! Thanks!

In that case then the M8's camera will be fine, it's okay not terrible or amazing. I find just the build quality and subjectively better Android skin far more appealing than the S5. And them speakers are pretty awesome too.

I watch a lot of content on mobile. I am super hyped about  the speakers :D

Get the m8. Its a perfect smartphone. I have it, and i can tell the camera is just as good as anything else, if you dont zoom in too much or crop it (who does that?).

Here's a sample taken by me. http://imgur.com/y8E8bgb

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Ahh ok, the Z3 Compact does look pretty good.

Get the m8. Its a perfect smartphone. I have it, and i can tell the camera is just as good as anything else, if you dont zoom in too much or crop it (who does that?).

Here's a sample taken by me. http://imgur.com/y8E8bgb

The colors are beautiful ^_^

I will still take anything worth my while with a "real" camera though :P

I don't hate iOS... I just... well... dislike Apple

I haven't looked into the G3, but I will! Thanks!

You and me both!

Except for their iPods, which unfortunately remain pretty unbeat in todays PMP space.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red