Pentium G3258 - designed for Arma 3 multiplayer?

As I mentioned before it will be specific rig for Arma 3 multiplayer mods and some 7 days to die / H1z1 gameplay (Pentium G would be ok for these games). Forget about anything else (no streaming, not even web browsing) ;).

Arma 3 singleplayer performance is completely different story than Arma 3 multiplayer performance. I would be grateful for an opinion of Pentium G owner: What FPS do you get on Wasteland?

dont even, you must be new to these kind of things, and by no means im saying intel is shit and amd is better, im just stating that for 150euros (8350) gets you the same performance of the 3770k(300euros) and dont come will some manbo jambo bullshit like that, without reliable sources :), oh and btw, by reliable sources i dont mean cpuboss and passmark 

You must be kind of one way looking person. I kind of believe in lots and lots different reviews in internet and I can tell you, that Intel is less cores and still faster, more efficient. And of course more expensive, but even this little Pentium is faster then Athlon 750K 4 core AMD cpu. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pentium-g3258-overclocking-performance,3849-4.html

FX will be about the same only in heavy workloads, rendering and maybe 3D. Only then, where it is needed more cores, but not definetly fast ones.

In gaming even i5 4 core processor demolishes FX, as I will show you in different reviews below.

You have not showed any reliable sources yourself.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-review,3328-5.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-review,3328-14.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-amd-fx8350-fx8320-fx6300-and-fx4300-tested/3

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-amd-fx8350-fx8320-fx6300-and-fx4300-tested/5

http://techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/9

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/11/06/amd-fx-8350-review/4

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/11/06/amd-fx-8350-review/6

Intel i7 2600 @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI Z77-GD55 | Crucial 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz | Intel 330 SSD 180Gb | Western Digital Black 1Tb | Western Digital Green 2Tb | Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti | OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I case | OS X Yosemite | Dell Vostro 3550 Windows 10

Intel Xeon 1230 V2 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S | Kingston 4Gb RAM 1333Mhz | Seagate 1TB  | Fractial Design Arc mini | Windows 10

To the OP:

Buy a Pentium + Z97 motherboard.  Overclock that pentium as high as it can go.  You can actually achieve very good overclocks on the stock cooler. 

When you get enough money, buy an i5 or i7 depending on what your budget and workload is.

ARMA3 is going to run much better on a Intel than an FX.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Not even a fanboy. I was just stating facts.

And I wasn't even talking on a performance for buck basis. But then again, you get what you pay for.

AMDs aren't bad, not even close. It just so happens that Intels are better, even if they are considerably more expensive.

Tell me if AMD is close;

ARMA-3-CPU-Benchmark.jpg

Noticing there's no difference between the 4300 & 8350 means enough a FX 6300 is a useless CPU for Arma, the difference alone between the i3 & i5 says enough it takes advantage a lil bit advantage of a 3rd core but that's all to it. For the price of a 6300 you have the G3258 and a overclockable motherboard such as the Asrock H81m-hds.

However most benchmarks put it on par with an i3 (a pentium with HT) for ARMA 3, but I still recommend the 6300 as it will come up trumps in other games.

Needs proof or else you're wrong

If it were 4 cores vs 6 then yeah, but this is 2 vs 6. Most games can utilise 4. Plus the 6300 can be overclocked

You're pretending like every game out there supports Mantle. Games usually have one big main thread, regardless how much it is multithreaded, when the mainthread is heavily overloaded a 6300's performance will completely die because it's single core performance is crap and all other threads will be waiting for the mainthread. All you'd be needing at that point is single core performance which is why you see i3's outperforming 8350's in BF4 benchmarks. Crysis 3 is a game that takes advantage of 8 cores, here's a game with the crysis 3 engine;

that still doenst explain why should i pay 150euros more for 5%more performance

Why would you pay 200$ for an AMD CPU & 100$ board along with a 80$ cooler for a CPU with 2007 IPC in the end when you actually paid more than a locked i5/H81 combo? It's not 5%, Intel CPU's make such a difference that it completely destroys AMD's value for CPU bound games. Benchmarks are available, just google it instead of just lying about there's only a 5% difference.

Arma 3 singleplayer performance is completely different story than Arma 3 multiplayer performance. I would be grateful for an opinion of Pentium G owner: What FPS do you get on Wasteland?

The Asrock H81M-HDS can overclock a g3258 easily to 4.5GHz, can be done with the stock cooler or a 25$ evo 212. Go for that and don't listen to amd fanatics, they're hardly in touch with the reality.

• 4 months later...

I'm looking for a specific CPU to play Arma 3 Wasteland, Arma 3 Epoch Mod and Breaking Point Mod. 

I was going to built a rig with AMD FX6300, but I have found an interesting comparison, which says, that there is a very cool CPU on the market called Pentium G3258.

That CPU is almost as powerful as i5 2400 in some games. It provides fantastic performance in Arma 3 single-player for a good price.

Is there anyone, who can confirm, that I can get better FPS in Arma 3 Multiplayer with G3258 than with FX6300?

I'm looking for a specific CPU to play Arma 3 Wasteland, Arma 3 Epoch Mod and Breaking Point Mod. 

I was going to built a rig with AMD FX6300, but I have found an interesting comparison, which says, that there is a very cool CPU on the market called Pentium G3258.

That CPU is almost as powerful as i5 2400 in some games. It provides fantastic performance in Arma 3 single-player for a good price.

Is there anyone, who can confirm, that I can get better FPS in Arma 3 Multiplayer with G3258 than with FX6300?

Well, I have. a g3258 @4.4 paired with a r9 270x on a MSI b85g43 gaming and I'm having 30 to 50 fps 1920x1080 high AA its a great CPU for the money spespecially for gaming purposes anyway the lack of hiperthreading its a step back on multitask but its pretty fine for gaming.

in regards to ARMA 3, yes...not the case for many other modern AAA tiltles though...overall i,d recommend you look at least for a core i3 CPU which is superior to both the g3258 and FX-6300 when it comes to gaming.

BUT if you really only want to play arma 3 on this machine, get the G3258 and overclock the hell out of it.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR