Haswell for gaming, yay or nay?

I mean i guess if you Have/Want to upgrade right now. Skip the i5's and just pick up a i7-3770 or 4770k/4790k. Great chips i love my i7, makes a world of difference when i play games like rust, and arma

arma3 is not even the same game for me anymore!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

arma3 is not even the same game for me anymore!

You play arma? Add me on steam TotallyAHero87

Im getting it soon, i played at a friends house on his 8350 living room rig, ran like crap. went upstairs to his i7 rig. Whole world of diffference

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

I enjoy playing World of tanks often and since that game is absolute shit optimized and only plays on ONE Cpu core, I just want to try and improve my overall performance in that and other games. I tried streaming and i drop from 50 fps to 13 fps... GabeN save me.

Which is why you need intel.

Also helps immensely in Planetside2, Arma3, Starcraft2...etc.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

if funny that all agree that intel is "good" to play "crappy" games :lol: lol

c'mon guys, at least use AAA games  B)

(i hear that Tetris work "awesome" in an "xeon" intel)  :ph34r:

if funny that all agree that intel is "good" to play "crappy" games :lol: lol

c'mon guys, at least use AAA games  B)

4690 (non-k) will suffice too, I havn't seen mine go above 61*c yet.

Mobo allows me to stay at 3.9Ghz Turbo clocks constant also, never declocks to base speeds.

Loving it's power! Drives ALL games easily and GPU usage stays at 99-100% the entire time across all my 25-30 Games installed.

But yeah.. their totally horrible :P

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I have a 4670k overclocked to 4.2Ghz and its absolutely fantastic for gaming. I don't know what people are talking about saying Haswell sucks for gaming...

The GPU is still way more important for gaming especially when you're talking about CPUs of this price bracket and performance range.

CPU: 4670k 4.2GHz @ 1.25v | MotherBoard: Asus Z87i-Deluxe m-ITX | Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz | GPU: Sapphire HD7970 GHz Vapor-x @1190Mhz/1625Mhz | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy (White) | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 240GB, Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic 650W G Series 80+ Gold | Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23" | Heatsink: Corsair H100i with SP120 PWM Performance | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red), Corsair K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Corsair M95

yay

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

13fps streaming world of tanks is a VERY GOOD reason to upgrade if op plays a lot imho...you guys dont read enough...

Unless he would be upgrading to a 4790K for streaming.

But upgrading to an i5 is totaly not worth it.

Especialy in games like BF4 and such.

Cause the whole Qsync magic is rubbish.

Unless he would be upgrading to a 4790K for streaming.

But upgrading to an i5 is totaly not worth it.

Especialy in games like BF4 and such.

on that we agree ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Guys, let's not suck CPU's dicks. It's sexual assault because they CAN'T DEFEND THEMSELVES!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I enjoy playing World of tanks often and since that game is absolute shit optimized and only plays on ONE Cpu core, I just want to try and improve my overall performance in that and other games. I tried streaming and i drop from 50 fps to 13 fps... GabeN save me. 

you could also reserve one core for the game and the use the rest for the rest. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

you could also reserve one core for the game and the use the rest for the rest. 

How would I go about doing that? 

How would I go about doing that? 

there are tools but you can also do it manualy just google "cpu allocation"

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Haswell is probably the only intel platform out right now recommended for gaming, since it's cheaper than Haswell-E.

So yes it is perfect for gaming, whoever told you otherwise is wrong.

I have a 4670k @4.5ghz, its a solid processor and I would definitely recommend it. Haswell has the highest IPC, and at least for what I use my computer (gaming) 4 cores are more than enough.

I have a Haswell and use it almost exclusively for gaming. I have had no problems with it on that front, and it is a solid all round platform in my opinion :)

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Haswell were decent for gaming but the devils canyons have come out and for 15 bucks more I would go with that.

I just built a new PC thats based on an 4790K which is now stable at 4.7GHz, let me tell you, Haswell is a beast for gaming.