Games with great campaigns.

OriginalPromise

Mass Effect Trilogy ;)

this

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

So basically, Battlefield games either have decent multiplayer(1942,2,2142) or decent singleplayer(bc,bc2), or neither(3 and 4), never both.

Couldn't of summed it up any better myself. Although i did enjoy(ish) both bf3/4 sglplayer, BF3 mp was fun and BF4 is just wearing me down now. Apart from some likes here and there for 3 & 4 u've pretty much nailed it on the head. Shame really.

Now where's my 2143...... 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Now where's my 2143......

It's called Star Wars Battlefront; and it's still made by EA, so you know it's going to keep battlefield series' casualization since 2142.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Drives up to naval warship in a RIB, attaches c4 to ships haul detonates and saves the day, but not before one of squad mates sacrifices themselves. Not to mention COD is very good at creating fictional wars between super powers. China versus USA really? 

Not talking about multilayer here. 

Such story tricks aren't limited to COD.

Meaning, regarding this, I assent its more alike COD.

But It's certainly not any less battlefield.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

FPS:

CoD:MW series (hate me for it if you want)

Bad Company 2

3rdPS:

GTA III, VC, SA, IV

Sniper Elite V2 (I personally enjoyed this one)

RTS:
Starcraft I&II (Haven't played the one after Wings of Liberty yet)

Rise of Nations (The Conquer the World campaign has a very high repay value for me and the AI is hard to beat even on easy)

Arcade Flight Sim:

Ace Combat 2

Ace Combat 3

Action RPG:

Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment (if you exclude the absurd amount of grinding you'd need to do if you want to max out)

Assassin's Creed (all the way to ACIII. Haven't tried Liberation and the newer ones yet)

Devil May Cry 3

JRPG:

Suikoden I

Suikoden II (even some of the sidequests)

Persona 3 Portable

2D Fighter:

Melty Blood series

Spec Ops: The Lines

Battlefield 3

Metro 2033

Crysis 1-3

Half Life 1

Half Life 2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Trilogy

Tomb Raider

Battlefield Bad Company

Personally, my favorites were Metro 2033 and the Crysis games

Stalker Lost Alpha is an impressive mod! :)

Such story tricks aren't limited to COD.

Meaning, regarding this, I assent its more alike COD.

But It's certainly not any less battlefield.

Back when story of Battlefield series was told in the map description, they were the best.(up until 2142)

If BF series did something like Titanfall; it would kick ass.

Instead, uncreative singleplayer campaign trying to be cod but not enough explosions.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Penumbra Overture had a pretty interesting story if you are into horror games. Also, the Portal games are fantastic. Dark souls 1 and 2 both have great story lines if you delve into the lore, and Mount and blade: warband is a great single player experience as well.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Total war series in general. Elder scrolls. Mass effect series. Far cry 3.

Using Tapatalk

i´m quite enjoying COD 4 (i know it's old) by now, it kinda made me hate arab and russian people, but it's okay since there are not such guys near here :P

Don't get mad, get even...

Mafia II

Max Payne 3

i´m quite enjoying COD 4 (i know it's old) by now, it kinda made me hate arab and russian people, but it's okay since there are not such guys near here :P

You are so easily brainwashed by silly games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Sleeping Dogs, grab it while it's on sale on steam for around $5. Well worth the money.

Everything mentioned before and if you'r able to get into some high fantasy rpg/rts hybrid:

Try Spellforce: The Order of Dawn and the Expansion Packs

graphics are....well as good as it gets with a game published in 2003

underrated like hell in my opinion and a great story and i appreciate the gameplay concept very much

Its hard to get to run on modern OS but witht he fix aviable on the communty board or the Gold Edition and win7 it works fine

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

I tend to only play the campaigns. I am looking for a franchise like CoD/Last of Us/Metro. (Set aside the hate. The campaigns are fairly decent)

(Doesn't have to be FPS)

Recommendations please... 

It may not be your kind of game but Max Payne has one of the most impressive stories I've played through so far.

Looking more towards your preferences: I liked Crysis and Crysis: Warhead a lot. Got less interesting when Crysis 2 came out though.

Bioshock Infinite (disliked first 2 games but this was amazing)

BF3 (pretty decent campaign)

Far Cry 3

The Walking Dead Season 1&2

Max Payne 3 (really really good)

Papo & Yo (bit of a puzzle game but it is absolutely fantastic and I loved every minute playing it)

Arma 3

Red Alert 2 for cheesy acting.

"Is it done, Yuri?" "No, comrade premier. It has only begun."

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

If you're looking for a series with a great story, that will take you a little while, you could try out the Mass Effect Trilogy, the Dragon Age series (3rd won't be coming out until later this year and 2nd wasn't properly done, but it's still a great series so far), the Bioshock series, the Witcher series (again, 3rd game coming out soon), or the Borderlands games.

For some shorter, but still amazing stories, try the Portal games, the Walking Dead games, Sequence, Fable: The Lost Chapters (or the HD Aniversary), or Thomas Was Alone.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

It is an amazing game that is less than 3 hours long but really has an amazing story, you really need some sort of controller to play it properly though. 

Fallout 3 and New Vegas

Two great games with lots of story and worth multiple playthroughs.

Battlefield Bad Company: 2

Battlefield 3

Battlefield 4

GTA 5 (Only on console at the moment haha)

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Suprisingly a really good story line when you're playing it, Multiplayer is not the best though :/

Far Cry 3

Crysis 3

Grand Theft Auto III - One of my all time favourites

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Another of my all time favourites

Max Pane 3 - Yet another of my all time favourites

Saints Row 2

Saints Row 3

Garry's Mod - Allows you to install other add-ons so you can do whatever the hell you like in the game :D

Random Games:

Goat Simulator - Has no story but it's quite fun to play when you're bored haha

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)