Plasti Dip your case?

MzCatieB

so this came up on my Youtube list and i was like O.O WoW i have to try this.

here is the Vid:

Character artist in the Games industry.

i have been drooling over plasti dip for a while ... wanted to dip my everything (phone, tab, pc, parents vehicle, keyboard, speaker boxes, even shoes.)  

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

i like that you can redo/ change it 2 hours later O.O and the finish is so damn clean... only issue is if you skuff it or something then you have to redo the entire pannel

about a link to product i did not see one so here is one https://www.dipyourcar.com/

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

i like that you can redo/ change it 2 hours later O.O and the finish is so damn clean... only issue is if you skuff it or something then you have to redo the entire pannel

nope there is a repair kit with a special thinner that can make a scuff spotless 

I saw that and thought, I need to get that and do it to my mini fridge.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

I saw that and thought, I need to get that and do it to my mini fridge.

this... i might do it with my keyboard

Quite tempted to do this to the side panel of my H2, only problem is, is that the finish on the case isn't exactly smooth, it feels sorta smooth but up close you can see the textured finish, also Pixxie, since you know more about modding than me, what would be better and less pissy?, plasti dip the side panel with a design whilst masking it, or spray it?, not even sure when he mentioned "Remove it before it cures", if you're doing multiple layers you can't exactly move the masking?

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

this... i might do it with my keyboard

Only because it looks easy and safe and I ordered a black fridge to match my black desk and they sent me a white one.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Quite tempted to do this to the side panel of my H2, only problem is, is that the finish on the case isn't exactly smooth, it feels sorta smooth but up close you can see the textured finish, also Pixxie, since you know more about modding than me, what would be better and less pissy?, plasti dip the side panel with a design whilst masking it, or spray it?, not even sure when he mentioned "Remove it before it cures", if you're doing multiple layers you can't exactly move the masking?

spraying will be better for a design... then again no yet used plasti dip spray so cant realy say.

spray though will give a more clean finish but i think plasti will give a more layered plastic look like doing stickers, and id assum whilst its wet, you could remove things under which you can create a layer design with. but without doing it my self i can 100% say

spraying will be better for a design... then again no yet used plasti dip spray so cant realy say.

spray though will give a more clean finish but i think plasti will give a more layered plastic look like doing stickers, and id assum whilst its wet, you could remove things under which you can create a layer design with. but without doing it my self i can 100% say

Just throwing it in there, for plasti, these are all assumptions, would you have to mask between layers to avoid it curing and sticking to the mask?, I'd love to spray.. but being a novice I fear I'd fuck it up some how and then highly dislike it, can't exactly clean it off can I?

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Just throwing it in there, for plasti, these are all assumptions, would you have to mask between layers to avoid it curing and sticking to the mask?, I'd love to spray.. but being a novice I fear I'd fuck it up some how and then highly dislike it, can't exactly clean it off can I?

like i said, without doing this my self i don't 100% know, but then again if your really want something you like spend a few days/weeks/months doing designs.

all i can say is a good modder even someone who does something basic spends more time planning then building

like i said, without doing this my self i don't 100% know, but then again if your really want something you like spend a few days/weeks/months doing designs.

all i can say is a good modder even someone who does something basic spends more time planning then building

Mhmm, the annoying thing is that I'm quite the perfectionist, luckily I have 2 old spare cases, 1 is black and is purely painted, possibility of spraying it numerous times as a blank canvas, but hey, we'll see, haven't exactly got cash to pull out of my arse either at the moment so yea.. 

Will try it out on my next project i think...

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Heh, that is pretty nice. Wouldn't look to shabby on my BitFenix Survivor side panels.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

the plasti dip has a property where it shrinks on to whatever it is applied so even with a not too perfect application you can still get a spotless finish. also about the finish it is a matte finish and it is quite grippy(hence why i wanted to put it on the back of my phone). about masking well you just mask , spray and when it is dry you cut and peel however if there is a crease between two objects and you don't want one object to be coated (eg transparent side panel ) there would be no need to mask as the crease would be enough to break the plastidip in a very flawless manner    

It's a great material, but a bit expensive.. at least where I am.  I bought one can for 25$ and I use it in my project. Beauty of it, as seen in the video, is that you can un-mod it... good for times when you need to restore warranty capability. For example, I want to paint the edges of my gpu pcb (it's small mod that makes a big visual impact) then, I just mask it up and give it a short run of plasti-dip. Then, if it has to be replaced or put on sale, I just easily peel it off. :)

Here's another cool thing I did with it, when I was prepping my waterblock mount:

5OnMexH.jpg

Plasti-dip is really cool. 

I want to dip everything.

Reminds me of this : 

Oh!! I have thought of doing this.

but the type of plasti-dip I wanted to use if the kind with a film that you put in water like in the vid shown above. Instead of a spray dip like in the first vid. but that still looks sweet.

Looks very nice... but watching him rip off the plasti dip, it looks like it would get scratched or damaged very easily...

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

Looks very nice... but watching him rip off the plasti dip, it looks like it would get scratched or damaged very easily...

I've had Plastidip on the wheels of my car for over a year. The first application was a learning experience. It looked good from a distance, but not so great up close. I went to an automated car wash and scraped a wheel in the process. The Plastidip was "scratched" but not the wheel underneath. My second application looks a lot better and has held up perfectly.

There are two main things to remember: the longer you leave it to cure, the better it will resist getting scratched, and the more coats, the easier it will be to remove if you decide to do so.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White Windowed | Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe/Dual | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2133 Mhz | GPU: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB | PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W 80 Plus Gold | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse | Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2 | Monitor: 3x Dell P2414H

plastidip is just awesome. and to all those who are worried about the finish lasting, don't be. I plastidiped the front grill on my car almost 2 years ago and it has yet to start coming off. and that's with long drives and light offroading.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

IIRC, plastidip is partly made from kerosene so yeh, it's pretty durable but you must give it a few good coats.