GeForce Crapsperience rant

LukaP

Sounds like an issue with your PC, because GF experience works fine for all the other millions of users...

When was the last time you reinstalled windows? Is there AMD CCC still on your PC?

ive done it on multiple pcs in the course of the last month, different windows versions, all never ran any amd stuff

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

thats why i wanted to open it... it wont

well that completely sucks.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

am i the only one that doesnt understand what is going on? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

ive done it on multiple pcs in the course of the last month, different windows versions, all never ran any amd stuff

if you right click the icon and click exit, does the icon go away?

and if it does, what happens when you open GFX again?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

if you right click the icon and click exit, does the icon go away?

and if it does, what happens when you open GFX again?

it does. then the icon comes back, and that is it

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Yarrrrr,

I be very worried about this if ye can't fix this problem.

well i give up over broken software.

it does. then the icon comes back, and that is it

And youve tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

And youve tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

yes, cant uninstall. 

Are you on a potato? When I load it up on my computer that has a garbage hdd it takes literally minutes to bring the screen up after clicking it in the corner, I'm not sure why.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

yes, cant uninstall. 

Use something like ccleaner to uninstall it, not the windows installer

Spoiler

Use something like ccleaner to uninstall it, not the windows installer

honestly, i dont care anymore. im not gaming much, so drivers arent a problem. and im rebuilding for haswell e soon anyway, so ill just not install it then.

honestly, i dont care anymore. im not gaming much, so drivers arent a problem. and im rebuilding for haswell e soon anyway, so ill just not install it then.

when you rebuild then it will probably work again...:P

Spoiler

LukaP just isn't that smart.  :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

when you rebuild then it will probably work again... :P

i wont even try

LukaP just isn't that smart.  :P

ikr

Did you try turning it off and on? :P

I'm sorry

The only things I can think of is driver sweeper to kill all things nvidia and downloading the current drivers from nvidia's site to reinstall everything.

Did you try turning it off and on? :P

I'm sorry

The only things I can think of is driver sweeper to kill all things nvidia and downloading the current drivers from nvidia's site to reinstall everything.

as said. i gave up. im waiting until i rebuild with haswell e and then im not even installing it and thats it

as said. i gave up. im waiting until i rebuild with haswell e and then im not even installing it and thats it

It's crappy software for majority of users anyway. Whenever I install drivers, I make sure to leave that box unticked. It's completely useless.

It's crappy software for majority of users anyway. Whenever I install drivers, I make sure to leave that box unticked. It's completely useless.

learned that lesson... i just wanted it for shadowplay... but i guess that intels 6 cores will help at that

Only the desktop icon opens for me since the icon in the notification area of the taskbar doesn't respond as well as Nvidia Control Panel.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS POS?!?!? It only opens once, when you install it, then NEVER AGAIN! And i cant even uninstall the shitware... never again nvidia, never again. im sticking with the oldschool manual settings and crap.

although i dont have that problem... what i hate is that it doesnt detect all my games. only half my installed steam games, i have around 27 games installed through origin, steam and uplay all on same drive. but i only detects 6. while i just downloaed razer cortex and that software detected all my games, including games that were deleted(this leaving their files behind).

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.