Grand Theft Auto V for PC has not been canceled, Rockstar says

Fulgrim

gtav1.jpg

You may have heard a rumor last week that Rockstar had decided to cancel the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V. The word came from a site called Fox Weekly, which quoted the chairman of the marketing firm Rantic as saying that Rockstar never wanted to make a PC version of the game in the first place, but was "forced to do it" because of public demand. The statement carried weight, so the story went, because Rantic was founded by a guy named Brad, who also happens to be a marketing director for Rockstar North.

It obviously wasn't the most rock-solid rumor ever concocted, which is why I (and, I would imagine, all of us) chose to ignore it. But one long-suffering PC gamer was concerned enough by the story to take the question to Rockstar Support, which assured him that all is well and still on track.

"I'm also looking forward to the PC release, however this release date has not changed," a support rep by the name of Steve C. wrote. "Please see our support article, 'Grand Theft Auto V Release Date on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC' for the most recent information on this topic."

To be fair, Steve C. probably doesn't spend a lot of time hanging out with Dan and Sam H. and thus may not have the most up-to-the-minute inside track on everything that's happening at Rockstar's topmost tiers. Furthermore, if you click the link he provided, the "release date" remains a very imprecise "fall 2014," which is the same thing we were told back in June. Still, given the softness of the original rumor, I think it's safe to say that there's not a whole lot to worry about.

Source (Note - the is a thread posted earlier about an alleged release date, but this thread is confirmation from Rockstar they have not cancelled the PC release) 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

*Phew

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

First someone makes up fake "News", news sites publish it, then later deny ( wow so unexpected ).

Duble win for news sites. I guess they learn alot from WFFC Tech. No responsibility at all.

It was pointed out in the original GTA V for PC cancelled thread that this was false almost immediately after it was posted.

Good, I am still ready to buy it as soon as it comes out.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Well what do you expect if jealous console gamers lose their exclusive? They're obviously gonna wanna take it back right? So make a fake announcement and scare people only for rockstar to officially announce it isn't cancelled.

Removed due to offensive nature 

-Headshot_

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

Well what do you expect if jealous console gamers lose their exclusive? They're obviously gonna wanna take it back right? So make a fake announcement and scare people only for rockstar to officially announce it isn't cancelled.

Wow, just wow.

I'd say the Master Race bullshit has reached a new low but that's not even the case.

144Hz goodness

Wow, just wow.

I'd say the Master Race bullshit has reached a new low but that's not even the case.

I just realized what I wrote. Holy shit. I'm sorry readers

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

Not that there was ever any real concern that it had been canceled.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.2 | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: EVGA GTX 780ti ACX SC | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Monitor: Asus PB278Q | Sound: ATH-M50X | Mic: Blue Snowball

I just wish that they would give us the month that they think it will be releced AT LEAST. B)