Favorite Media Player?

PokémonTrainerFour

VLC and Quicktime for video.

Music OSX: Is iTunes

Music Windows: Winamp

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Windows Media Player Classic, with CCCP for movies/anime etc.

Foobar2000 for music.

this.

I use VLC for videos and foobar2000 for music.

I chose VLC because of its simplicity. If I wanted the best picture, best performance etc, I would go for Media Player Classic with some tweaking. Until they come up with a media player that can sync your settings in a cloud, I'll be staying with this.

As for foobar2000, it wasn't much of a choice. I used to use WMP way, way back, but I discovered that WMP sucks at handling metadata, which is used for Last.fm, which I rather like. I used WinAmp for quite a while, but I can't say that I liked it. It just... worked. Most of the time, anyway. I ended up choosing foobar2000 because of its customizable UI, no-nonsense UI. It has the info  I need and want where I want it and nothing more.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

For videos VLC is my favourite.

Foobar 2000 is absolutely amazing and infinetly customizable for music.

And I noticed YouTube is on the list of options so for streaming, YouTube and Netflix (and does Chromecast count?).

I use VLC for videos and foobar2000 for music.

I chose VLC because of its simplicity. If I wanted the best picture, best performance etc, I would go for Media Player Classic with some tweaking. Until they come up with a media player that can sync your settings in a cloud, I'll be staying with this.

As for foobar2000, it wasn't much of a choice. I used to use WMP way, way back, but I discovered that WMP sucks at handling metadata, which is used for Last.fm, which I rather like. I used WinAmp for quite a while, but I can't say that I liked it. It just... worked. Most of the time, anyway. I ended up choosing foobar2000 because of its customizable UI, no-nonsense UI. It has the info  I need and want where I want it and nothing more.

Exactly my story.