Everyone's posting about back to school tech and I'm like...

CyanOG

My school does not use tech, smart phones and tablets are forbidden and you are punished heavily if seen with one. The only tech we use are very old dell mini computers with XP and very old lenovo laptops with XP .. This is a surprise because my high school got 17 million this summer to improve the school and the only changes are new Windows and lockers . My friends who go to different high schools all get iPads and use new tech and Im here sitting and jelly... Please tell me I'm not the only one here with a high school who refuses to evolve.

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

I'm sure you can find a few hombres from detroit or oakland that have schools stuck in 2003.

not Harlem though, I heard they improved a lot recently.

Error: 410

When i went to school 300 students shared 10 computers, and they all were using windows 95. and then were spanking brand new., -94 or -95 iirc

It's an administrative thing. "Tech is bad for kids". Fact is, when you allow kids to listen to earphones, they stop  talking to each other and get the work done. I've seen it in action when I was in high school and some teachers cheated lol.  I'm in college. tech is important. I have people that run to me because their laptop broke and they need it fixed within hours sometimes. Everything is done on the computer.

With new k-5, in a lot of places, they are not allowed to give them work that's not on the computer. Most handwriting is forbidden for some reason. god help us. So that side of the hand is very bad. Tech should be allowed. But not the focus. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

You can call yourself lucky. Tech in school does not work. There is a reason Sweden is getting worse and worse in IT while Finland still has great school, due to the fact they do not have iPads at school.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

My school does not use tech, smart phones and tablets are forbidden and you are punished heavily if seen with one. The only tech we use are very old dell mini computers with XP and very old lenovo laptops with XP .. This is a surprise because my high school got 17 million this summer to improve the school and the only changes are new Windows and lockers . My friends who go to different high schools all get iPads and use new tech and Im here sitting and jelly... Please tell me I'm not the only one here with a high school who refuses to evolve.

Mine definitely refused to evolve. Mine wasn't quite as bad about it, but was still horrid.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

It's an administrative thing. "Tech is bad for kids". Fact is, when you allow kids to listen to earphones, they stop  talking to each other and get the work done. I've seen it in action when I was in high school and some teachers cheated lol.  I'm in college. tech is important. I have people that run to me because their laptop broke and they need it fixed within hours sometimes. 

this is why you help nobody but close friends and pretend to be stupid or give a really generic dumb answer

getting pestered with shit like this gets on my nerves

Error: 410

Most teachers allow cell phones, tablets and laptops for note taking. everything is allowed between classes and during breaks, just nothing during tests or other evaluations.

All PC's are fitted with i5's and 4gb of DDR3, besides the Design and Fabrication (3D modelling and CAD software) class which has i7's and GTX 460's with 8gb of DDR3.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

this is why you help nobody but close friends and pretend to be stupid or give a really generic dumb answer

Its like every "is this build good" and "when does X gpu come out/is better" threads suddenly came to life and shoved into you face.

Most teachers allow cell phones, tablets and laptops for note taking. everything is allowed between classes and during breaks, just nothing during tests or other evaluations.

All PC's are fitted with i5's and 4gb of DDR3, besides the Design and Fabrication (3D modelling and CAD software) class which has i7's and GTX 460's with 8gb of DDR3.

well that's the same situation in my school for the computers but for the electronic devices in classes, they don't let you, the only time your allowed to use your phone is during before or after school or in class with some rules. 

You can call yourself lucky. Tech in school does not work. There is a reason Sweden is getting worse and worse in IT while Finland still has great school, due to the fact they do not have iPads at school.

I go to a completely tech school.

Ipad's for everyone, 30 computers in the computer lab with i5's, 8gb's of ram and 7750's. 30 i3 computers in the library, plus like 5-10 dell ultrabooks. 3d printers are coming starting this year.

All of our projects are done online basically. Tech in school may not work for some other places but it sure works here. Mostly everyone listens to music in class and they do really well because they can use what they need to focus.

Allows me to use Archicad, Cryengine, unreal engine 4, maya, the whole adobe collection. makes everything easy.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Mostly friends in the Engineering school. I don't do free for people I don't know. It's usually a hardware issue or something they didn't do by being stupid. It's usually along the lines of at least recovering files that have the most recent version of a term paper or fixing it to write the paper ect. I can understand the need, and I have actually ripped apart and reassembled laptops on campus in under 45 minutes before. Friends take it to me because they know I'm an expert. not to mention I used to work IT for the campus as well for a short time. Besides, if someone doesn't have the money, I understand. i've been there before. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I go to a completely tech school.

gine 4, maya, the whole adobe collection. makes everything easy.

btw you might wanna change your member rank, title thing.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Ipad's for everyone, 30 computers in the computer lab with i5's, 8gb's of ram and 7750's. 30 i3 computers in the library, plus like 5-10 dell ultrabooks.

aND Lot'S Of apOS'trOpHe'S too.

Just messing with you.

On topic though, I went to school with first gen iMacs. I played hours of Oregon Trail on that shit. Hells yeah brah.

They should make an Anniversary Edition with 3D graphics and stuff.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

My school has ancient PC's with single core Pentiums running either 7 or XP.... the design departments all get brand new iMacs....

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Italian schools are all like this, but fortunately the controls aren't very tight and you won't really incur into any "real" punishment if you are "caught" using a phone or tablet.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Oh we do use iPads, on the high-school side. Except that they are actually Surface's with WIN 8 (not 8.1). There are also some old dells in use in case the touchscreens run out. And the current second years (I am on my third year) were GIVEN new laptops on the first year.

I remember sitting in class last year behind one of those "lucky" students... He was playing some strategy game, nobody cared, and the teacher didn't notice.

The best part is that some of the students were struggling with their laptop for quite some time, not knowing how to how to use word and the like. 

And then on the vocational school side we are running VM's on Pentiums with 6 GB of DDR2... (Loving dat desktop mouse lag)

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

btw you might wanna change your member rank, title thing.

why? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

why? 

Oh this rumor that NVIDIA is skipping the 800 series. Makes sense considering that 980 rumors are floating around already. 

muh specs 

All parts black

why? 

the gtx 800 series isnt happening, well for desktops at least, replaced by the 900 series

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

the gtx 800 series isnt happening, well for desktops at least, replaced by the 900 series

K i'll guess I might as will change it.

Computing enthusiast. 

It's an administrative thing. "Tech is bad for kids". Fact is, when you allow kids to listen to earphones, they stop  talking to each other and get the work done. I've seen it in action when I was in high school and some teachers cheated lol.  I'm in college. tech is important. I have people that run to me because their laptop broke and they need it fixed within hours sometimes. Everything is done on the computer.

With new k-5, in a lot of places, they are not allowed to give them work that's not on the computer. Most handwriting is forbidden for some reason. god help us. So that side of the hand is very bad. Tech should be allowed. But not the focus.

I'm pretty unorganized with notes mainly because there is also other notes I have to take care of and backpack is filled with a lot of.things + stuff crushes the notes sometimes... Its a struggle and if I could just bring my nexus 7 to take notes yeah that'd be great but I see what you mean tech does distract but I think its better to have it than not

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Taking 2 pages of notes in some of my classes takes the whole 52 minute period I say that's a waste and its hard to pay attention to the teacher talking and explaining while you're scrambling to finish notes before next slide comes up..

With an iPad or android tablet if we used them teachers can just

-Send the copy of the notes to every student and have it on their note app

-Students can look over the notes easily and since they are not busy writing less time is wastes and you can pay attention to teacher.

My best friends high school who is in norridge does this teachers send the notes and there is always easy way to contact teachers , he is loving it he says since it makes everything easy + a iPad air to keep as long as you pay $100 a year for 4 years is a nice thing amirite

Had to do it.

PIvkv4C.png

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

my school is heavily involved with new tech, to a point where theyre giving us macbook airs to use all throughout the year, we have to pay like $75 to use them tho :P good thing i got my blade.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)